Which should go down first knees or the hands in prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which should go down first knees or the hands in prayer

What should go down first the knees or the hands?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Knees..the Prophet (pbuh) said dont go down in the Salah like a camel..a camel goes down first on its "hands"
    Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer.

Comment

I Read The Islamic Fatawa Regarding Women

Page 107 the more proper way is to place the knees down, then the hands and then the face, based on the hadith of Wail and others with similar meaning, so that is not correct?

Comment

no i said..exactly as u said! knees then hands
        Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer.

Comment

Islamic Fatawa Regarding Women

The more proper way is to place the knees down, then the hands and then the face, based on the hadith of Wail and other with similar meaning. Is this correct?
          Page 107!!!!!!!!

Comment

yes it is

Comment

and then your nose must touch the ground first ,b4 your forehead.
              The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

yes..

Comment

Originally posted by ThE aPpReNtIcE
                  yes..
                  im only saying smarty pants,jus incase she had questions about that to

:D
                  The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

i wasnt being a smarty pants..ur as much as a dork as Shaima!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThE aPpReNtIcE
                      i wasnt being a smarty pants..ur as much as a dork as Shaima!! lol
                      ur sooooooooooooooo funny!

not!

Comment

lol...that was really funny apprentice! :p

Comment

Going Down into the Sajdah on the Hands

"He used to place his hands on the ground before his knees."443

He used to instruct likewise, saying, When one of you performs sajdah, he should not kneel like a camel, but should place his hands before his knees.444

He also used to say, Verily, the hands prostrate as the face prostrates, so when one of you places his face (on the ground), he should place his hands, and when he raises it, he should raise them.445

From the book "The prophets prayer described" by sheikh al albani raheemullah

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...html#HEADING66

Comment

www.islam-qa.com)

Comment

Asalamu alaykum,

There is a difference of opinion amongst the four Sunni schools of Islamic Law on this issue due to the varying narrations regarding this.

I have learned Hanafi fiqh. The view of the Hanafi madhab is that the knees should go down first, then the hands. [This is also the view of the Shafi'is and is one of the views transmitted from Imam Ahmad]

The scholars of my madhab based their opinion on the hadith related by Shuraik from Asim ibn Kaleeb on the authority of his father from Wa'il ibn Hajr (Allah be pleased with him) who said:

I saw the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, while prostrating, place his knees (on the floor) before his hands. Upon getting up, he would raise his hands before his knees. I never saw him do otherwise.'"

(see Abu Dawood, 1/837-838, pg. 215).

The shuyukh of the Hanafi madhab considered this hadith more authentic than the one narrated from Abu Hurayrah RA which they also felt was abrogated by the narration from Wa'il ibn Hujr [RA].

Again, there is a difference of opinion in the madhahib and I am not trying to cut down any of the other schools of law which are valid to follow. Each school has their proofs and counter-proofs.

I suggest you study the fiqh of prayer with a scholar who has ijaza to teach this from the scholars of the Four sunni Madhahib. If you do this you will not go wrong as you will be following qualified scholarship.

As for al-Albani's book - I used to pray according to it until I found therein many mistakes. It is not compatible with our four sunni schools of Islamic Law. Various errors have been refuted by the qualified Ulema. Interestingly even some of the "Salafis" took issues with certain aspects of this book - if you can understand arabic see: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3558

For information on why we follow a school of sunni Islamic Law / Madhab for rulings of fiqh please visit:

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Art...6&leftNavID2=8

Wasalam.
                              Last edited by faqir; 20-02-05, 11:37 AM.
                              www.marifah.info

Wahhabis Refuted
                              Ash'aris

Comment

Working...
                              X