The Dream Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moshyman
    An interesting argument. The important thing is, that you have to wear your hijaab no matter what; whether it is a normal day or whether it's eid or whether it's your darn wedding day. If there are gonna be none-mahrams around then it is compulsory for you to wear it.

Allah did not decree the veil for no reason; behind all his judgements lay supreme wisdom. The veil is to protect the women and the men. Amir-ul-mu'mineen Umar (RA) asked Rasullaah(SAW) to tell his wives to veil themselves as many strange men would be visiting his house. Following this, Allah(SWT) revealed the verses making hijaab fardh upon women. The benefits of hijaab are numerous, but fundamentally, who are we to question Allah(SWT)?

None knoweth what is better for the creation than the Creator.
    do u go to places where women dun wear the veil?
    :up: :lailah: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle
      do u go to places where women dun wear the veil?
      Sometimes you have to (eg. Uni) and when there you have to lower your gaze as instructrd though the Quran and sunnah.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
        Wow, subhanallah is that a tradition?

I just thought, my firend's family is really pious giving out Ihya ulum al-din to everyone :)

thats a nice tradition. I think on my wedding I ll give out a more basic book, which my relatives can actually understand ..maybe one in urdu and one in english :p

ARe u syrian?

Dont u think taxi drivers in syria totally suck? or was it just me, they wont even open the door or the back to take the luggage out. each time I thought he might just drive off with my luggage :(
        Noo I'm not Syrian, although I am in love with the place :D

Taxi drivers can vary... if you wave down a taxi, tell them where you want to go and they tell you the meter is broken (most of the time they don't tell you, you gotta ask) then you know he's gonna rip you off big time :p

Whenever I got a taxi, the first thing I would say is 'It's on the meter right?' *sit in taxi* the driver usually goes 'No meter is broken' and I'm like 'Ok, its on the meter' :D

Example; a trip from Jami'a Abu Noor to Souk Hamadiye should cost about 25 lira on the taxi meter (27p) whereas if they charge you off the meter he'll charge you about 60/70 lira (65p)

Sounds like I'm being cheap eh, but that is a LOT for a short journey and plus we were penniless students :D

They usually don't put your luggage in or take it out hehe...our one helped us since we were a bunch of girls *Ooo my fingernail* and plus we had tons of luggage.

Did you get the interregation from every taxi driver? :p Every time we sat in a cab they would spend the whole journey guessing where we were from..and since we were such a mixture of a group it was quite funny :)

Did you go to the souks? Did you get chased down he souk by people trying to sell you various items (one man chased us with a rug ) and even kids trying to sell you toys ;)
        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
          Just a thought on this, dont this people end up with loads and loads of copies of Ihya Ulum al din? lol maybe they just return it as wrapped up and get the money back or something :)
          They probably collect them and give them out at their own childs wedding :p

Restricted by the sky?

but death for the fish,

Comment

ginan:

Well you didn't seem to understand me when I said the bride would be ON DISPLAY, einstein.
            ginan, we're arguing over semantics + deffinitions now.
            anyhow, I dont think it's on display, you're not walking down a catwalk for gods sake.

To dress up, show off and be extravagant is very un-Islamic. It just is.

Also, wedding dresses show off a woman's body and I'm sure you know it's unIslamic for a Muslim woman to be dressed like that in front of non-Ma7rams.

no one is saying you have to dress up "extravagantly" (but again what is extravagant to one person isnt to another but thats a digression)
            you can choose what u wear at your wedding, after all it is your day.
            and i have been to many wedding here in england, and the bridal outfits dont show off a women's body, infact quite the opposite.
            but again, you choose what you feel comfortable in.

You seem to think it's a bad idea for a couple to have a segregated wedding and you get this crazy idea that doing so would be like "turning Islam into a club and beating ourselves over the head with it."

yes i do think segregated weddings are not such a good idea, but this is my personal opinion.
            look as muslims, we have a hard enough time trying to find a wife/husband.
            weddings not only are special occaisions which bring muslims together, they are the few occaisions where muslims can gather socially, and they provide the ideal opportunity for perspective partner finding.
            i have so many happily married friends that met their partners at weddings.

anyway, just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper
              Noo I'm not Syrian, although I am in love with the place :D

Taxi drivers can vary... if you wave down a taxi, tell them where you want to go and they tell you the meter is broken (most of the time they don't tell you, you gotta ask) then you know he's gonna rip you off big time :p

Whenever I got a taxi, the first thing I would say is 'It's on the meter right?' *sit in taxi* the driver usually goes 'No meter is broken' and I'm like 'Ok, its on the meter' :D

Example; a trip from Jami'a Abu Noor to Souk Hamadiye should cost about 25 lira on the taxi meter (27p) whereas if they charge you off the meter he'll charge you about 60/70 lira (65p)

Sounds like I'm being cheap eh, but that is a LOT for a short journey and plus we were penniless students :D

They usually don't put your luggage in or take it out hehe...our one helped us since we were a bunch of girls *Ooo my fingernail* and plus we had tons of luggage.

Did you get the interregation from every taxi driver? :p Every time we sat in a cab they would spend the whole journey guessing where we were from..and since we were such a mixture of a group it was quite funny :)

Did you go to the souks? Did you get chased down he souk by people trying to sell you various items (one man chased us with a rug ) and even kids trying to sell you toys ;)
              So you were studying arabic out there?

I didnt tell anything to those taxi drivers, I was told most of them are Mukhabarat, so I just completly ignored them, come to think of it, maybe thats why they hated my so much. :D I was really ticked off once, and this taxi driver asked if I was indian, I got so vexed, I told him to mind his own business. He tried to charge me 100 lira, I told him to take a hyke, next thing he was screaming down my throat in ARabic and I was doing same in English. It was so funny :) ... whenever I think about that incident I just crack up. lol

yeah I enjoyed bargaining with them, also I ended up buying loads of Yoyo's from the kids, I thought I take em back for my lil cousins, but then I thought they wont appreciate em. So on my way back I gave em back to the kids and kept a few, I stil got one :) Oh and loads of tasbeeehs, they break after a good use..lol

Sorry this is completly off topic :(

got excited with memories of syria :)
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

The Syrians love giving people tasbeehs :p Each time we went to the souk, if we left the shop without buying anything the owners would hand us all a tasbeeh each :D When we questioned why they did this they said that every time we used it for dhikr they would also recieve part of the reward :)

Haha, I never bought anything from those kids, I remember one guy even followed us down the whole souk Hamadiye (and its a prettttty long souk) to flog us some jilbaabs :hidban:

Did you ever give your drivers a tip? I remember one memorable taxi trip, the driver looked about 12 (notice they have their licenses stuck on the window...it never looks like teh person driving LOL :D ) anywho he was so scary, it was like he was on a racing track and was intent on getting us to our destination in 0.01 seconds. :fastcar:

Did you go on the buses? That is the best experience ever LOL, especially if you are at a busy junction waiting when one innocent bus plods along(keeping in mind the bus has about 12 seats, including 2 next to the driver :p )

Did you go on a suzuki? They are the cheapest rides, and the most fun

Restricted by the sky?

but death for the fish,

Comment

Ah, the taxi-cab: once a formidable beast, now a tamed animal.
                  To counter-balance all the miserliness they posess, just follow a simple strategy employed by me over the years. Ask him (or her:D ) what the fare will be. He'll give you some extravagant number, hoping you'll cave in to his wild interests. Then reply, "What? $60.00?Scoff." Throw half of the amount at him (And by that, I mean nestle it on the passenger seat) and say, "I'd rather walk." And now start walking away. These cabbies have a MAJOR ego problem and will ask you to take your money back. Keep walking and say, "No, No. Go keep it."(In this real good condencing manner) And finally, for spite, they'll take you to where you go with the amount of money you already gave them.
                  Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfella
                    Ah, the taxi-cab: once a formidable beast, now a tamed animal.
                    To counter-balance all the miserliness they posess, just follow a simple strategy employed by me over the years. Ask him (or her:D ) what the fare will be. He'll give you some extravagant number, hoping you'll cave in to his wild interests. Then reply, "What? $60.00?Scoff." Throw half of the amount at him (And by that, I mean nestle it on the passenger seat) and say, "I'd rather walk." And now start walking away. These cabbies have a MAJOR ego problem and will ask you to take your money back. Keep walking and say, "No, No. Go keep it."(In this real good condencing manner) And finally, for spite, they'll take you to where you go with the amount of money you already gave them.
                    Works every time.
                    My tactic was to basically tell them how much I always pay :D Regardless of whether they insist on charging me the ridiculous amount, I just give them as much as it should cost and bid them farewell.... :wavey:

Bus rides were the cheapest by far, 5 lira a ride (6p?) and even then its by passing your coin down to the front via 8 cramped passengers. :)

Restricted by the sky?

but death for the fish,

Comment

Syria can be quite the boring place-i saw no excitement in it in many of the places i went to-just lots of perverted men everywhere, who cant seem to control themselves or their mouths

The best places are far from the big cities-all the old historic sites-they are cool and can go clown around there loads:D where was the syrian government when i was painting the town red with my brother hmmmmmmmmm;)

in this one village i was in, i bought these leather shoes for 25 lira:eek2: and i still gots them:inlove: all my gold jewellery is from syria too-cheap and cheerful over there, speak arabic and you can practically have your gold for free:D
                      ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

Originally posted by Reema
                        Syria can be quite the boring place-i saw no excitement in it in many of the places i went to-just lots of perverted men everywhere, who cant seem to control themselves or their mouths

The best places are far from the big cities-all the old historic sites-they are cool and can go clown around there loads:D where was the syrian government when i was painting the town red with my brother hmmmmmmmmm;)

in this one village i was in, i bought these leather shoes for 25 lira:eek2: and i still gots them:inlove: all my gold jewellery is from syria too-cheap and cheerful over there, speak arabic and you can practically have your gold for free:D
                        Sis Reema you ve been to Syria is well?

ARe u seriosu about Gold for free?
                        "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper
                          The Syrians love giving people tasbeehs :p Each time we went to the souk, if we left the shop without buying anything the owners would hand us all a tasbeeh each :D When we questioned why they did this they said that every time we used it for dhikr they would also recieve part of the reward :)

Haha, I never bought anything from those kids, I remember one guy even followed us down the whole souk Hamadiye (and its a prettttty long souk) to flog us some jilbaabs :hidban:

Did you ever give your drivers a tip? I remember one memorable taxi trip, the driver looked about 12 (notice they have their licenses stuck on the window...it never looks like teh person driving LOL :D ) anywho he was so scary, it was like he was on a racing track and was intent on getting us to our destination in 0.01 seconds. :fastcar:

Did you go on the buses? That is the best experience ever LOL, especially if you are at a busy junction waiting when one innocent bus plods along(keeping in mind the bus has about 12 seats, including 2 next to the driver :p )

Did you go on a suzuki? They are the cheapest rides, and the most fun
                          Do they call those things buses, you can walk faster than those :D

Comment

yea i have been..my mums family live in syria:)
                            ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

Working...
                            X