X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads pertaining to Medicine

except ur sanity ~ Originally Posted by Ebony

The above quote reflects a fear of mine, loss of my Freewill

As many of you might have found, I speak my mind, I try and make it clear but,
    When speaking to a Psychiatrist, being completely honest about my desire to move to Oregon,
    own a horse and build a circle, just might indicate to her that I should be confined,
    for my own benefit. :(

Now, my body is broken, my heart is broken and the above solution seems like a worthy goal.

I freely admit, I'm out on the farthest branch in the tree :)
    It's so confusing because, feeling like you cannot reveal your true thought's
    to the doctor who is there to assist you doesn't help me.
    I believe my intellect is in tact but, mundane things like eating and taking my pills on time
    sometimes slip my mind.
    I haven't paid a bill in more than eight years :embar:

I find that I can create wonderous things, inventions, ideas, structures & toys but,
    I can't remember to eat or make sure I have stamps for the bills.

Sheesh! maybe that's why I went a little coo coo the other day :inlove:

Please Re-update your Signature

I very much doubt u will be institutionalized or declared unfit based on a few "wacky" thoughts or ideals. Usually if you try not to disclose thoughts that will be picked up on easier and quicker than on the actual content of your conversation.
    Sometimes you can be so consumed in your thoughts that eating and so forth totally "slips" your mind. Some people might think its impossible to forget to eat, but i've done it many times..as im sure others have also.
    You might want to ask the Psychiatrist wht the purpose of you visiting are and take it from there. Not evryone feels comfortable revealing all inner thoughts...i knw i wouldnt be. Counselling is an option that has been presented to me (a shrt while ago when things got a bit too much) but i flat out refused it. I opted to use my other avenues for venting aka friends :)

Being cuckoo sometimes can do you wonders!
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony
      feeling comfortable revealing all inner thoughts ...

Being cuckoo sometimes can do you wonders!
      :)

Thing is, I normally hold no fear of presenting my words or thought's.
      I don't know if you remember Richard Owl Mirror having revealed a dream of his,
      then was chastized for it's contents and his interpretation of it.

:)

I AM Richard Owl Mirror

Comment

Yes Stanley, I know you're Richard Owl Mirror ;) (and the various other usernames you've adopted over the past...mostly due to banning ws it nt? :p )

And I also (vaguely) remember that dream you shared with us, although i didn't participate in the thread.

I'm more of an observer than a participant (as hard as tht is to believe, its true)

The issue you have with your psychiatrist is the potential "punishment" if you do reveal all. Just reveal with what you are comfortable sharing. If you don't want to share anything at all with her, you don't have to.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

potential "punishment" if you do reveal all.
          See, that's the catch-twenty-two of it all !
          I need to be open and honest with someone, like a counter-balance.
          In my life, in my circumstances, I simply do not know whom I can trust any more.
          My wife, her two daughters, members of my family, doctors,
          not one can I completely entrust my feeling to.

I only know two men with whom I would ever trust my thought's and feelings,
          as I firmly believe they embody the wisdom and sagacity of Jesus.
          Not Holy-rollers who recite passages of lessons written long ago but, true wisdom from experience and a closeness to the spiritual Kingdom.
          One is the man who married my wife and I, and the other is my next-door neighbor.
          I haven't seen the first man since my marriage ceremony and I do not feel comfortable enough to approach my neighbor with these problems.

Comment

Well Stanley, if you feel there may be repercussions for you revealing all to your psychiatrist, then that "fear" itself won't do you much help.

You can always try other ways to share your problems. Im sure there'll be plenty of people here willing to lend you a listening ear. :)

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Well Stanley, if you feel there may be repercussions for you revealing all to your psychiatrist, then that "fear" itself won't do you much help.

You can always try other ways to share your problems. Im sure there'll be plenty of people here willing to lend you a listening ear. :)
              YES, this has become my sanctuary :inlove:

But, I have seen a few posts which ask why I, a non-muslim am allowed to post such personal feelings.
              Just one more reason for self-exile :(

Comment

Stanley,
                Don't be put of from the remarks of the few people here, who are against your posting of personal problems. You need to talk and share, maybe sometimes you need advice or just somebody to listen to you and encourage you. I have my portion of troubles and sometimes, because of luck of close people to share with, I wanted to write here, but I am realy afraid of rejection or just shutting me down and this is the last thing I need right now. But I have Allah and I quite a lot talk to him and open fully my heart JUST to him!
                Stanley, we are here for everybody, for the sad one and for the happy one, for the stressed one and for the confident one. Just don't close everything inside you, as one day it may explode, share with us as much as you feel confortable and til you find Allah to share with Him, Allah willing!Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by Ameera
                  Stanley, we are here for everybody, for the sad one and for the happy one, for the stressed one and for the confident one.
                  Thanks Ameera !

Comment

Working...
                  X