Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim & Hindu marrying!!

From Sunnipath

I am a Muslim girl who has been going out with a Hindu boy for five years. I know it is completely against Islam but I love him very much. Islam has always been a part of my life and family but I really started to take Islam seriously 2-3 years ago. I know a lot about Islam through self education and have been speaking to my boyfriend and basically 'making him see the true way of life' through Islam. He is not a very religious person but his family is. I know that a Muslim and Hindu relationship is the worst. I have read a lot about Hinduism and actually know more than he does. I have told him about Islam and Hinduism compared etc but he is just not interested. He does not mind if we get married and bring up our children with both religions. However I do NOT want to bring up my children to Hinduism for that is the worst Shirk. My mom knows about my relationship and told me that he has to convert otherwise I can forget it. I have a bad relationship with my dad and for my dad to forgive me I should settle down and get married to a Muslim man. Please help. If I marry him, my parents will disown me. How can I get him interested in Islam?

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Praise be to Allah. May the peace and blessings of Allah shower upon our Beloved Messenger, his family, companions, and those who follow them.

Dear sister,

Only Allah makes Muslims. You can't change your friend's heart, only Allah can.

What you must do is resolve to make this situation halal. Right now, this situation is displeasing to Allah for several reasons. You cannot have a relationship with this boy, whether he is Muslim or not. Dating is prohibited in Islam. The wisdom behind this is evident. Dating can lead to a situation where you develop strong feelings and want to act on them.

You already have strong feelings for this boy, but now what? You cannot marry him because he is a non-Muslim. Our way of life requires us as Muslim women to only marry Muslim men. Until this person believes, he cannot be halal (permissible) for you.

Please discontinue your relationship with this person. If Allah has decreed for the light of faith to enter his heart, then he will become Muslim. Your going out with him is not going to make him Muslim. Please stop seeing him as it will only lead to more heartbreak for you and the possibility of something serious happening. Repent to Allah from this person and resolve to accept what Allah has decreed for you.

Insha' Allah, you will find peace when you do the right thing and put your faith first.

And Allah knows best. And Allah alone gives success.
    Please Re-update your Signature

LOOOOL!!!

i am an IDIOT!!!!

when i read the thread title i said to myself "Muslim male marrying Hindu woman??...HARAAAAAAM"

hehehe....i had enough of surprises in my life :(
    My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

:salams

I must say I admire the kindness and love by which the Shiekh is giving sincere advice. Thank Allah for anonymous online Islamic advice sites - she would got a much sterner word from members of her community if she had sought advice there.

However sometimes a stern word is needed with today's youth I feel.

Allah knows best.

:wswrwb:
      Muslim while flying

Comment

I married a hindu who converted to islam. First he converted for the marriage. I am really involed in deen and made sure i went to mosque, and prayed. He saw and started to learn on his own and now Allhamdulla i feel he is a better muslim then me. I do feel it is very IMPORTANT for both of you to be muslim if you are really that involed in Islam. Cause as you grow older and more in to the marriage religion will come up all the time. Like alcohol. his family drinks but they all knw we are muslim and so no drinks EVER. Or funeral arrangements. Hindu's get crimated but when that time comes you will fight for his bodies with his familes. You must think of all this. If you can't come to terms who to bring or what religion to bring your kids then you really need to think. My mom says "love is blind". Tke care. May allah help you thur this time of tough decision making.

Comment

so is it bad if a Christian man marrys a Muslim woman in Islam? or a Muslim man marrys a Christian woman?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew
            so is it bad if a Christian man marrys a Muslim woman in Islam? or a Muslim man marrys a Christian woman?
            Musilim man can marry a Christan/Jewish woman
            Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim man.

For reasons and proofs, do a search there are plenty of threads on explaining this subject :)
            Muslim while flying

Comment

know a lot about Islam through self education and have been speaking to my boyfriend and basically 'making him see the true way of life' through Islam
              let me guess one of the MWU folks again :eek2:

Comment

sorry. i found this a tad funny. you can see the girl just banging her head against the wall trying to convince this guy that there is only one God etc and the guy doesn't care... *ahem*

i do obvioulsy feel bad for her though. i hope she realises that the marriage would not be halal if she married him anyway...

Comment

I have can only see a very slim chance of him becoming Muslim and being devoute, not trying to shatter your dreams, but these scenarios never seem to work out the way you want them to.

Comment

H25: "I know a lot about Islam through self education and have been speaking to my boyfriend and basically 'making him see the true way of life' through Islam."

Don't try to change anybody's beliefs. They are only beliefs after all. Does he want to change yours? I don't think so. Good luck to both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Stillcurious
                      H25: "I know a lot about Islam through self education and have been speaking to my boyfriend and basically 'making him see the true way of life' through Islam."
                      paramours (boyfriends/girlfriends); then if they are guilty of adultery when they are taken in marriage, they shall suffer half the punishment for free married women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil. And that you abstain is better for you. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Comment

Originally posted by H25
                        From Sunnipath

I am a Muslim girl who has been going out with a Hindu boy for five years. I know it is completely against Islam but I love him very much.
                        paramours (boyfriends/girlfriends); then if they are guilty of adultery when they are taken in marriage, they shall suffer half the punishment for free married women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil. And that you abstain is better for you. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Comment

i hope this will help !

have faith in Allah that He can make your boyfriend become muslim and make dua for him and talk to him the right way. sit down with your dad and tell him honestly that you have a hindu boyfriend and that you love him and want to marry him and ask your mom to help you. i know a muslim man who met this hindu girl and he loves her and he is able to talk to her about islam and love. that's all i can say !

Originally posted by H25
                          From Sunnipath

I am a Muslim girl who has been going out with a Hindu boy for five years. I know it is completely against Islam but I love him very much. Islam has always been a part of my life and family but I really started to take Islam seriously 2-3 years ago. I know a lot about Islam through self education and have been speaking to my boyfriend and basically 'making him see the true way of life' through Islam. He is not a very religious person but his family is. I know that a Muslim and Hindu relationship is the worst. I have read a lot about Hinduism and actually know more than he does. I have told him about Islam and Hinduism compared etc but he is just not interested. He does not mind if we get married and bring up our children with both religions. However I do NOT want to bring up my children to Hinduism for that is the worst Shirk. My mom knows about my relationship and told me that he has to convert otherwise I can forget it. I have a bad relationship with my dad and for my dad to forgive me I should settle down and get married to a Muslim man. Please help. If I marry him, my parents will disown me. How can I get him interested in Islam?

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Praise be to Allah. May the peace and blessings of Allah shower upon our Beloved Messenger, his family, companions, and those who follow them.

Dear sister,

Only Allah makes Muslims. You can't change your friend's heart, only Allah can.

What you must do is resolve to make this situation halal. Right now, this situation is displeasing to Allah for several reasons. You cannot have a relationship with this boy, whether he is Muslim or not. Dating is prohibited in Islam. The wisdom behind this is evident. Dating can lead to a situation where you develop strong feelings and want to act on them.

You already have strong feelings for this boy, but now what? You cannot marry him because he is a non-Muslim. Our way of life requires us as Muslim women to only marry Muslim men. Until this person believes, he cannot be halal (permissible) for you.

Please discontinue your relationship with this person. If Allah has decreed for the light of faith to enter his heart, then he will become Muslim. Your going out with him is not going to make him Muslim. Please stop seeing him as it will only lead to more heartbreak for you and the possibility of something serious happening. Repent to Allah from this person and resolve to accept what Allah has decreed for you.

Insha' Allah, you will find peace when you do the right thing and put your faith first.

And Allah knows best. And Allah alone gives success.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X