Interesting turn of events tonight !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting turn of events tonight !

You know, sometimes I am absolutely amazed at how fickle life is sometimes.
    I ran into a very old friend (40+ years, even though we don't see each other often enough) and the last time we saw each other was well over four years ago.

I had gone with my brother-in-laws up to this friends house in upper Michigan for some fishing over a week-end. While we were there, there was some drinking and so-forth and while we were talking late one night I related to this friend how & why I had given up drinking alcohol.
    Long story short, he told me tonight that after our conversation that night he decided that he could no longer continue drinking like he was and quit right then and there, as well as smoking cigarettes.

One innocent talk four years ago, late at night changed his life for the better ever since.

While talking tonight, he related to me how after quitting drinking and smoking, he studied health & nutrition and gave me a book to read with a promise to follow up, if I wish on setting goals for my own healthy recovery.

Funny how life sneaks up and grabs you, shakes you and shows you the open door that lies right in front of you.
    Please Re-update your Signature

with the problem come the solution, Stan :)

Originally posted by ~Stanley~
    You know, sometimes I am absolutely amazed at how fickle life is sometimes.
    I ran into a very old friend (40+ years, even though we don't see each other often enough) and the last time we saw each other was well over four years ago.

I had gone with my brother-in-laws up to this friends house in upper Michigan for some fishing over a week-end. While we were there, there was some drinking and so-forth and while we were talking late one night I related to this friend how & why I had given up drinking alcohol.
    Long story short, he told me tonight that after our conversation that night he decided that he could no longer continue drinking like he was and quit right then and there, as well as smoking cigarettes.

One innocent talk four years ago, late at night changed his life for the better ever since.

While talking tonight, he related to me how after quitting drinking and smoking, he studied health & nutrition and gave me a book to read with a promise to follow up, if I wish on setting goals for my own healthy recovery.

Funny how life sneaks up and grabs you, shakes you and shows you the open door that lies right in front of you.
    My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Nasser
      with the problem come the solution, Stan :)
      Hello Al-Nasser,

Well, I went to the doctors today and was told that last visit he discovered an aneurysm on my aorta above the heart. He checked this again today and it is about the size of a walnut ( 30 cm ).

with the problem come the solution
      It's still early but, somehow I can't see a solution :(

Comment

Well, I have some other test scheduled for Friday and then I guess he'll give me options then.

Right now, I'm simply left alone once again with nobody to tell this news to
        except people on the internet :(

Comment

Originally posted by ~Stanley~
          Well, I have some other test scheduled for Friday and then I guess he'll give me options then.

Right now, I'm simply left alone once again with nobody to tell this news to
          except people on the internet :(
          you will be fine inshallah, Stan

faith help in this situitons......just be honest to yourself and work on your faith

did you try to get a job as a writer? i believe you are good at that.......some people discover alot of good stuff about themselves when they are past 40
          My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water
            Stan please don't take this the wrong way and I don't mean to sound like an opportunist, I only wish good for you and ask for your sake.

But it's important to ask.. be honest.. have you considered taking your shahada recently? Have you given it serious thought? What is holding you back? and what can we do to help?

I am just wondering where you are at with Islam.

Hmm? I take no offense of your offer, it is your duty as a Muslim ;)

where am I & what can any of you do to assist me ? ... hmm ...?
            I believe the original intent was a worthy effort in Islam's history.
            As with all human endeavors, greed and power have corrupted it's true intent for it's own gains. IMHO
            I study the lessons contained in the Urantia Revelation found @ http://www.ubook.org/upapers/
            I find the explanation of historical events more plausible and the wisdom of it's guidance to be the best and most correct that I have discovered in all my years of searching for the path toward God & His Kingdom.

If Islam could revert toward it's true intentions and get away from social control over the peoples freewill,
            it might become the most noble path.
            You asked: " What is holding you back? "
            It is the total submissiveness aspect and stripping away of Freewill in the individual.
            The inclusion of this provision in Islam renders God's gift of Freewill obsolete.
            This simply makes no sense, therefore I can not include it as a valid path at this time.

To be perfectly honest with you, I fully believe my destiny is to be extinguished upon death.
            I am not worthy of gaining entry into God's Kingdom and I realize this.
            That's OK because throughout my life, I hope I may have had an effect upon someone,
            somewhere which turned them toward the right path, in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water
              Stan you are talking as though you have no hope.

You always have a chance and an opportunity to please Allah(swt) and gain entry to Jannah.. until your last breath you are being given loads of chances for that.

Free Will is not obsolete in Islam.. that is a misconception you have picked up.. We can expand on this in another thread, I don't want to hijack this one so to speak.

Is it OK with you if I quote your last post and start a new thread with it to expand on it further?
              InshaAllah the Muslims users will be able to better your understanding of the true Islamic perspective.
              Yes, by all means do, and if you would please provide a link back to it in this thread as well

Comment

Working...
              X