We are failing the Ummah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are failing the Ummah

My brothers and sisters in Islam, I started this thread because our Ummah is dying, I'm sure you are well aware. Muslims are dying all around the globe due to oppression, ethnic cleansing and poverty, yet those who live life more at ease grow accustomed to this and it troubles me when I see people become unsympathetic. There was a time when the Ummah acted as one body... a strike in one part would cause an uproar and painful sensation throughout... but now... we see Muslim Leaders sit and befriend those who are hurting their own Ummah. It is disgraceful and, as I'm sure you can tell, this is a topic I feel passionate about. Here, we can discuss ways to take action on a smaller scale, and eventually perhaps it will have a knock on effect on a greater scale.
    Some example are things like;
    - Holding meetings in our own communities
    - Holding Talks for people to attend and become inspired
    - Peaceful protesting when we see something happening to our Ummah
    - Teaching people we know about our duties for our Ummah
    - Being good to our neighbours (showing society the beautiful conduct of Muslims)
    - Joining Muslims from different cultures and backgrounds up for more diversity
    - Educating the young
    :o
    Etc Etc Etc

I look forward to the suggestions and comments
    As salam wa alaikum

Re: We are failing the Ummah

Your very negative
    You should have more optimism

U say the ummah is failing but the kufr and sins will only keep increasing until the world is under the sharia and this is destined to happen as we go closer to judgementday so if u stay like this your respome to the state of the ummah will still be negative

U should think about it like this yes some muslims have indulged in evil more than people did 30 years ago
    But some muslims have become even more religious then people were 30 years ago

The group of muslims that are religious are now even more relgious then people were decades ag
    Now islam is the fastest spreading religion in the world
    And the most known and talked about irreleveant of good or bad news islam is the topic
    Which means more muslims will occur
    Muslims are influencing and changing the world and we are gaining power so dont despair

Comment

Can we even be positive [MENTION=143563]Abu julaybeeb[/MENTION]
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        Can we even be positive [MENTION=143563]Abu julaybeeb[/MENTION]
        Of course but its up to u
        But being negative will lead to unhappiness and depression

We should not despair

If we go throufh hardship its a blessing as our sins are being cleansed
        If we go through ease then its also a blessing

Comment

Wa 'alaykum as salam wa rahmatullah,

Excellent thread, :jkk:. I feel very much the same because I feel like there's much more we can do on an individual scale to help improve the state of our Ummah. Of course, as Muslims, we have high hopes because we know that this Deen will prevail. But what I'm concerned about is what we are doing right now to make a difference.

What answer will we give when asked about our brothers and sisters who are suffering? :(
          And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

We should not despair

:(
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
              :(
              Whats that suppose to mean

Comment

Whats that suppose to mean
                Nvm

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

The ummah is failing for many reasons, mne such is because the ummah supports and props up the donkey states, the scholars and imams are mere tools and the masses follow them, we can't speak the truth, and instead of NOT obeying the leaders in their evil we follow them because no one mentioned its haraam to help evil instead people coat it as good or permissible or they simply instill lack of care in the hearts of the masses, so now u got an ummah that the shaytaan has used to strengthen the strengthen the enemies of Islam and the stooges so they can go around doing whatever they want. This has resulted over the generations the deen of people being attacked so they become even more susceptible to the whims of the devils. This ummah cannot get out of this state, I feel, until imam Mahdi comes in those days there is no doubt and people will have chose one or the other.

Comment

What Muslims have to do is take the deen completely and be weary of the positions people are in, for that dictates what they say and don't say, do not be fooled by some truth so much so that it results in being blinded to following that which is false. Also be weary and crticial of the severe issues that are bitter for people especially those in who hold public positions, to speak on, and also of what is not said, many time the truth is not spoken even if wrong is not spoken, this is a type if covering up the haq
                    Last edited by Dontknowname; 14-11-17, 01:10 PM.

Comment

We should not despair

Assalaamu alaikum brother

cos the OP gave solutions to the issues of the Ummah, I think that her post was actually then not negative. To be pessimistic is to give up and not look for solutions.
                      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                        Assalaamu alaikum brother

cos the OP gave solutions to the issues of the Ummah, I think that her post was actually then not negative. To be pessimistic is to give up and not look for solutions.
                        True

و اليكم السلام و رحمه تالله و بر كاته

Comment

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by greenshirt View Post
                            We are failing because we have too much sectarian division that often gets militant. Until we can all sit at the table and agree to tolerate and at minimal coexist, we won’t see unity and prosperity. Division is not new in Islam and even at the start of Islam there was division. Division in aqeedah became big. And fiqh. Sufism emerged which was embraced by many, hated by many, and perceived as needing reform.

But we used to tolerate division and I think that’s correct. If we can tolerate other religions with no compulsion, then anyone *with good intention* should be tolerated.

We’ve also created wars between ourselves and have gotten very political. Instead of just living for Islam, we are now seeing countries live for a cause too.

The ummah can unite, there’s hope. And I think our ummah in the USA is good. We just have to get rid of extremists and all need to have good intentions first.
                            Ummah in USA is good, lOL

Comment

Dear brothers and sisters, thank you for the responses. All the comments were very valid and I do agree. There is so much division because we, as Muslims, cannot agree on one simple thing and then go out on a full blown argument on how one person is a kaafir because of the way they do something, or try to forcefully impose their beliefs on another Muslim. We have forgotten the deeper meaning of Ummah. We watch what happens around the world to our Ummah... see the pain they go through daily... and sit criticising one of our own because of the way they do wudthu or pronounce an Arabic word, and if they don't do it the way we want, that person is suddenly a disbeliever. We need to put all pettiness aside and grow up, defend our people.

Honestly, I know that things will only get harder for us as an Ummah, all the evil in the world isn't going to disappear all of a sudden. It will become more challenging to hold on to faith and imaan as we go. But who said that means we give up? Part of our belief, is to recognise our people as family. We are 1.8 billion, if we wanted change, with all our hearts, we'd make a big difference... instead the most powerful Muslims today, are letting us down, especially, because they've let wealth get into their heads and hearts, to the point where there is no humanity left their. I don't want to seem pious or arrogant, I just want to point a problem out. We need to love each other deeply, and forget about ourselves for a minute while we put into perspective the difference we could all make if we just worked towards it. Although things won't totally change... we need to take a step and make things better for our people.

As salamu alaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatu

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X