Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Haram to move out and live away from your family?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Haram to move out and live away from your family?

I believe it's a cultural thing, especially if you're from the subcontinent. If you're not married and you're living on your own, it's frowned upon. Does Islam prevent this?

Re: Is it Haram to move out and live away from your family?

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    I believe it's a cultural thing, especially if you're from the subcontinent. If you're not married and you're living on your own, it's frowned upon. Does Islam prevent this?
    No not at all

Comment

Not all man go for it.

Comment

For a male it's probably ok. Wouldn't be right if a female did that unless certain reasons force her too.

Comment

OK displeasing your parents is a major no-no in our deen, so if your family are the type who would get majorly annoyed with you if you moved out then you need to convince them or actually have a good deeni reason for it not just you feel you want your own space
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

In Sweden, they kick you out as soon as you turn 18 :up:

Comment

Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post
              In Sweden, they kick you out as soon as you turn 18 :up:
              Kuffar do that alot
              They dont care about family like muslims do

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                Kuffar do that alot
                They dont care about family like muslims do
                True. Sometimes the law should be changed. Just cuz the law allows, people do it. And sadly, I know two muslim families who got i fluenced and actually kicked their sons out when they turned 18, without having a valid reason to do it.

You should help your flesh and blood, not torturing them like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                  OK displeasing your parents is a major no-no in our deen, so if your family are the type who would get majorly annoyed with you if you moved out then you need to convince them or actually have a good deeni reason for it not just you feel you want your own space
                  Erm?
                  You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Thats the beauty of having a non-muslim family.I dont even want to know the answer to this.I am already set for disappearance
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No not at all. You can absolutely move out.
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

No it isn't Haraam to move out and live in a place of your own away from family.

You can't however cut off relationships.
                        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                          No it isn't Haraam to move out and live in a place of your own away from family.

You can't however cut off relationships.
                          You also have obligation to look after parents, especially in old age.

Don't be like those shameless Kuffar who leave their parents and only visit them once in a blue moon.

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                            Yes true akhi.

Own space lol,

:jkk:

Comment

I am not from the sub-continent, but I do live alone due to my university being a little further away from home. Also, I've always wanted to and preferred living alone, it takes a particular type of person to be able to live by themselves (of course I live with other females in our flat) but it's like you need a certain level of maturity and responibility to be able to take care of yourself.
                              (I'm 22 btw)
                              I am really not a fan of this parent culture of keeping the child huddled in the home and away from learning about and living their life. It breeds children who are sheltered, and lack any life experience and when life hits them in the face, they're going to have a very very hard time.

In shaa Allah I would like to raise my children to be mature, and responsible individuals who know right from wrong. Of course, making mistakes is human, and it is easier when you are away from parental hold but if you have the right values and of course your parent guide you then you'll be okay and you'll be able to handle the the throws of life. My family still call me like 2-3x a day asking me where I am etc lol so I guess it doesn't make a very huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X