Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

    Assalamo Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters,

    What is your biggest problem with regards to Quran?
    For example, my biggest problem is staying motivated. What problem is keeping you from reaching your Quranic potential?

    Inshallah I am trying to make an app that will help us all improve in regards to the Quran, and this information will help me understand the most common problems.

    Thanks! :up:

    #2
    Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

    Originally posted by Ahmio View Post
    Assalamo Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters,

    What is your biggest problem with regards to Quran?
    For example, my biggest problem is staying motivated. What problem is keeping you from reaching your Quranic potential?

    Inshallah I am trying to make an app that will help us all improve in regards to the Quran, and this information will help me understand the most common problems.

    Thanks! :up:
    Wa'alaykumussalam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

    Alhamdulillah, that's a beautiful intention, dear brother.
    I was little worried this thread might be something else because of the title...

    :jkk:


    What would I like the most help with in relation to the Qur'an...? For myself, at the moment, it's something I just need to push myself with a little bit more and try to remain consistent in. Maybe another person in a similar situation so we can keep the pressure on each other to stay on top of things.

    In the context of an app, I don't think it would practically work though, given the issue of people abusing the service the app might provide. You might then be doing a lot of harm instead of (only) the good you would have originally intended as a developer.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

    Comment


      #3
      Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

      I would say I am confused as to way there seems to be random sentences or paragraphs set in places that have nothing to do with the surrounding paragraphs. I am big on grammar. When I am reading and I see a grammatical error, in my head I usually correct whoever wrote the English translation.

      Like, you cannot read the Quran like it is a book that starts at point A and then gradually builds into a plot/story. Its very random at times.


      Not knowing Arabic nor having had any Islamic studies probably adds to the confusion. There are a lot of references that speakers use that I do not understand.

      I do want to add that I have had moments where, after listening to some seerah lectures and then going back and reading something in the Quran that confused me before, that after the lectures it was like a light bulb...like, "Oh ok I see what this means now"
      Last edited by Tide2006; 03-11-17, 02:56 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

        Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        Wa'alaykumussalam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

        Alhamdulillah, that's a beautiful intention, dear brother.
        I was little worried this thread might be something else because of the title...

        :jkk:
        Maybe I should change the title... I can see what you mean now that you mention it. Is there any way to change titles?

        Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        What would I like the most help with in relation to the Qur'an...? For myself, at the moment, it's something I just need to push myself with a little bit more and try to remain consistent in. Maybe another person in a similar situation so we can keep the pressure on each other to stay on top of things.
        That makes sense. Maybe an automated "Quran Calendar", where you put your goals, and it creates a schedule for you and nags you about it, could help?

        Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        In the context of an app, I don't think it would practically work though, given the issue of people abusing the service the app might provide. You might then be doing a lot of harm instead of (only) the good you would have originally intended as a developer.
        How so?

        Thanks for taking your time to reply!



        Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
        I would say I am confused as to way there seems to be random sentences or paragraphs set in places that have nothing to do with the surrounding paragraphs. I am big on grammar. When I am reading and I see a grammatical error, in my head I usually correct whoever wrote the English translation.

        Like, you cannot read the Quran like it is a book that starts at point A and then gradually builds into a plot/story. Its very random at times.


        Not knowing Arabic nor having had any Islamic studies probably adds to the confusion. There are a lot of references that speakers use that I do not understand.

        I do want to add that I have had moments where, after listening to some seerah lectures and then going back and reading something in the Quran that confused me before, that after the lectures it was like a light bulb...like, "Oh ok I see what this means now"
        Yeah I've had this mentioned a lot actually. Are you interested in learning Arabic? Maybe while memorizing Quran?
        What is your current "workflow" like in regards to Quran?

        I know that's a lot of questions, I'm just trying to understand your situation. Thanks for your time.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

          Salam. I love the idea of quran calendar. Maybe kind of like a habit tracker. Where you pick your goal, a max goal and a min goal (so you don't get demotivated if you don't have time one day). I have this habit tracker app, where your percentages increases, for the first month, you can get upto 80% (since first month is the hardest. Then second month, up to 88%. third month up to 99%. If you miss a day or two, it penalizes you heavily towards the end, not as much in the beginning. it shows in the calendar which days you did the action, and which days you missed. It shows a graph of your percentage rising and coming down.

          I would love a quran app to have word by word translation, where you can click each word, get the 3 root letters and the meaning from dictionary.

          A way to memorize the quran, recitation included by amazing reciters iA.

          I think what I struggle with is motivation (so the habit tracker will help with that inshaAllah). Maybe after 3 months, you can raise your goal or how much you want to read.

          I struggle with tajweed. Speed. Not understanding arabic. (i am much more motivated to read the translation of the quran, but not the arabic portion).

          it would be amazing if it included or highlighted 80% of the the quranic vocabulary.

          If you don't mind me asking, are you an app developer? And where are you based?

          Comment


            #6
            Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

            I lack consistency, I drag myself to classes lol
            I also have a problem being heedless sometimes when I'm reciting under stress even if I know what I'm saying.

            I doubt any app could ever fix this.
            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

            Comment


              #7
              Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

              I'm just a very slow arabic reader, pray for me to become more proficient
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

              And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


              أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

              Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


              Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

              Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


                #8
                Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

                Originally posted by misshijabi View Post
                Salam. I love the idea of quran calendar. Maybe kind of like a habit tracker. Where you pick your goal, a max goal and a min goal (so you don't get demotivated if you don't have time one day). I have this habit tracker app, where your percentages increases, for the first month, you can get upto 80% (since first month is the hardest. Then second month, up to 88%. third month up to 99%. If you miss a day or two, it penalizes you heavily towards the end, not as much in the beginning. it shows in the calendar which days you did the action, and which days you missed. It shows a graph of your percentage rising and coming down.

                I would love a quran app to have word by word translation, where you can click each word, get the 3 root letters and the meaning from dictionary.

                A way to memorize the quran, recitation included by amazing reciters iA.

                I think what I struggle with is motivation (so the habit tracker will help with that inshaAllah). Maybe after 3 months, you can raise your goal or how much you want to read.

                I struggle with tajweed. Speed. Not understanding arabic. (i am much more motivated to read the translation of the quran, but not the arabic portion).

                it would be amazing if it included or highlighted 80% of the the quranic vocabulary.

                If you don't mind me asking, are you an app developer? And where are you based?
                I used to have the same problems

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: What's your Biggest Problem Regarding Quran?

                  :wswrwb:
                  Quran calendar sounds great idea, In sha'Allah. Consistency is my biggest issue.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X