Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid getting attached to the opposite gender

:salams:

Hope you are all in the best of health and iman.

Human beings will feel all sorts of things and they will experience different things in life that will cause them sadness, frustration, despair etc.

You could say this is part of life and of course we're not robots. We are weak and fickle creatures. A man that lifts heavy weights can easily be defeated by emotions.

A word of caution really, be aware that the limits we have in life are there for a reason. Time after time, I see people on here and real life that are heartbroken because they attached their heart to another person.

It's not a nice experience at all. Certain things cannot be avoided. Especially when everywhere you go free mixing is the norm.

Share your tips/hadiths/articles/Islamic knowledge on how to avoid infatuation, fantasies in the head and fake feelings that screw people's mind.

:jkk:
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Re: Avoid getting attached to the opposite gender

alaikum wasalam

Free mixing,getting emotionally involved and heartbroken= misery

Not being able to get married because of cultural,ethnic,nationalistic,ignorant and hypocritical barriers= misery

6 of one,half dozen of the other,right?
    lose/lose situation.

Comment

Avoid getting attached to the opposite gender

Basically, reserve that place in your heart for the love of Allah swt

Nothing should eclipse or overtake it otherwise you run into problems

That place is only for Allah swt, not the creation or another person

Comment

Lower your gaze Brothers and Sisters,

The whole reason why desires go crazy is because many of us arnt even doing this basic task which Allah عز و جل has ordained, nor are most of us fasting to diminish sexual desires.

Then we have people crying or complaining about how they fell in love and facing the consequences, or worse illicit relationships

Nauzibillah
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I'm sure no one wants to be heartbroken sis, sometimes people bring it on themselves and other times, they can't help but to feel this. It's not something that can be helped, otherwise it'd be haram to be in love with someone you haven't married (from my knowledge, a person has no sin on them if they fall in love unintentionally since it can't be controlled).

Comment

Also to add, often times when people are lonely or are facing hardship, a particular person could serve as a source of hope. Meaning, if I'm facing the problem of being neglected by my family, the love of a spouse could fix that (in my mind) hence this person is now "my escape". Or if a girl is being abused at home, her escape could be a better life with her husband.

So it's like this person represents a "better life", they are hope in human form. The reality is of course nothing like that, I mean this person could help, but the idea here is that people don't necessarily just get attached to "love", they're getting attached to the idea that life could get better for them.

Not all cases of course but just a perspective.

Comment

Lower your gaze and stay safe
              Stop and stare, you’ll despair

:)
              رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

:wswrwb:

good thread, you see too many peeps falling for each other these days
                  Surah Taha, Verse 69:

وَأَلْقِ مَا فِي يَمِينِكَ تَلْقَفْ مَا صَنَعُوا إِنَّمَا صَنَعُوا كَيْدُ سَاحِرٍ وَلَا يُفْلِحُ السَّاحِرُ حَيْثُ أَتَىٰ

"And throw that which is in your right hand! It will swallow up that which they have made. That which they have made is only a magician's trick,
                  and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount (of skill) he may attain."

Self Help Ruqya Shari'ah Guide
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Shari-ah-Guide

Practical Self Ruqya
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7492713

Is there such a thing as good magic? by Abu Ibraheem
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...y-Abu-Ibraheem

Don't fear the Jinn - Muhammad Tim Humble
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...mad-Tim-Humble

Exposing Black Magic
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

The History of Black Magic
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=history

Real Magicians And Sorcerers
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-And-Sorcerers

How to destroy a taweez ? Ruqya related questions answered
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...tions-answered

Exposing Taweez...
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...xposing-Taweez

Ruqyah Audio
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...4-Ruqyah-Audio

Sorcerer's Plot | Arabic | English Subtitles | Every Muslim must watch this video
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                    Basically, reserve that place in your heart for the love of Allah swt

Nothing should eclipse or overtake it otherwise you run into problems

That place is only for Allah swt, not the creation or another person

(Alhamdulillah. Thank you, dear brother, for posting this.)
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                      I'm sure no one wants to be heartbroken sis, sometimes people bring it on themselves and other times, they can't help but to feel this. It's not something that can be helped, otherwise it'd be haram to be in love with someone you haven't married (from my knowledge, a person has no sin on them if they fall in love unintentionally since it can't be controlled).
                      Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                      Also to add, often times when people are lonely or are facing hardship, a particular person could serve as a source of hope. Meaning, if I'm facing the problem of being neglected by my family, the love of a spouse could fix that (in my mind) hence this person is now "my escape". Or if a girl is being abused at home, her escape could be a better life with her husband.

So it's like this person represents a "better life", they are hope in human form. The reality is of course nothing like that, I mean this person could help, but the idea here is that people don't necessarily just get attached to "love", they're getting attached to the idea that life could get better for them.

Not all cases of course but just a perspective.
                      +100. Agreed with everything you said, sis, especially the hope/escape part.

Attachment can't be avoided sometimes, even if you didn't do anything haram, which is why we're not held accountable for our emotions, because most of the time it's out of our control.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                        :salams:

Hope you are all in the best of health and iman.

Human beings will feel all sorts of things and they will experience different things in life that will cause them sadness, frustration, despair etc.

You could say this is part of life and of course we're not robots. We are weak and fickle creatures. A man that lifts heavy weights can easily be defeated by emotions.

A word of caution really, be aware that the limits we have in life are there for a reason. Time after time, I see people on here and real life that are heartbroken because they attached their heart to another person.

It's not a nice experience at all. Certain things cannot be avoided. Especially when everywhere you go free mixing is the norm.

Share your tips/hadiths/articles/Islamic knowledge on how to avoid infatuation, fantasies in the head and fake feelings that screw people's mind.

:wswrwb:

Seen so many people become unstuck by this problem, especially the newly practicing, reverts or those from cultural backgrounds where freemixing is seen as a norm and no big deal. Shaitan sees them come into the deen, despairs of getting them on the more major issues like shirk so goes into sneaky mode, to come at them from the side and the back, get them into other sins then they will despair and shaitan has another way in that way.

[Satan] said, "Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path.
                        Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."

Quran translation, Surah al-A'raf, 7:16-17

You can almost understand that, those young to the deen falling for this trick, but what really riles me is when those who should know better, fall into this trap, they must like me have seen so many others do so, see the problem of it, see the reasons for it, yet do so anyway out of weakness of character or emaan.

That is why I find it hard to respect scholars or du'at who fall into major sins such as these, and not just once, bad enough once but sometimes repeated times, they really should know better and I think shows to some level they have not internalised the lessons they have learnt and are teaching others.
                        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
                          +100. Agreed with everything you said, sis, especially the hope/escape part.

Attachment can't be avoided sometimes, even if you didn't do anything haram, which is why we're not held accountable for our emotions, because most of the time it's out of our control.
                          We are talking about the opposite gender

Sometimes you have to ask yourself how did these emotions manifest?

For example, if it's someone you are planning on marrying and you both know this will take place, then it is only natural to start having feelings.

I don't think you can love someone until you have lived with them. Just my opinion.

On the other hand, if it is someone you just know that you started liking then you have to question yourself why these little butterflies in your stomach are distracting you.

It's a cause for alert if you take heed, if not you will keep falling and falling for the mirage of 'love'.

No one is immune to it, hence it's a test but we have to take it more seriously. If we keep saying there is no wrong in it then people will try to justify it and end up hurt later.
                          Last edited by Ya'sin; 31-10-17, 12:12 PM.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

When you think about another human being so much that you forget about Allah it could be seen as shirk

You've set your heart and soul for someone that's not giving you sustenance, neither are they protecting or cherishing you

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              We are talking about the opposite gender

Sometimes you have to ask yourself how did these emotions manifest?

For example, if it's someone you are planning on marrying and you both know this will take place, then it is only natural to start having feelings.

I don't think you can love someone until you have lived with them. Just my opinion.

On the other hand, if it is someone you just know that you started liking then you have to question yourself why these little butterflies in your stomach are distracting you.

It's a cause for alert if you take heed, if not you will keep falling and falling for the mirage of 'love'.

No one is immune to it, hence it's a test but we have to take it more seriously. If we keep saying there is no wrong in it then people will try to justify it and end up hurt later.
                              Well, what if you're planning to marry someone but it didn't work out? What can you do. You're not a robot, you don't have an on/off switch for your feelings. I wish we do lol.

Certainly, there's no justifying haram actions. If you freely mix with the opposite gender and don't lower your gaze, then you only have yourself to blame.

I was mostly agreeing with what Sarah said about hope. That's what I was attached to, not the delusions of "love".

I think it's a bit extreme to compare love/infatuation with shirk. Shirk is worshipping other than Allah and associating partners with Him. That's not what love is.

Comment

Working...
                              X