Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avoid getting attached to the opposite gender

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
    Well, what if you're planning to marry someone but it didn't work out? What can you do. You're not a robot, you don't have an on/off switch for your feelings. I wish we do lol.

Certainly, there's no justifying haram actions. If you freely mix with the opposite gender and don't lower your gaze, then you only have yourself to blame.

I was mostly agreeing with what Sarah said about hope. That's what I was attached to, not the delusions of "love".

I think it's a bit extreme to compare love/infatuation with shirk. Shirk is worshipping other than Allah and associating partners with Him. That's not what love is.
    You are right, we are not robots, if it doesn't work out, you get a little upset but then you move on.

I think it is possible to train our attachment to certain things

Yeh, love is not shirk but idolising, obsessing over someone might lead to it

Certain things can head that way like your ego could be a form of shirk because you only want to please yourself
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

This is applies to any person...

The only true friend and love we have is Allah...

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        :salams:

Hope you are all in the best of health and iman.

Human beings will feel all sorts of things and they will experience different things in life that will cause them sadness, frustration, despair etc.

You could say this is part of life and of course we're not robots. We are weak and fickle creatures. A man that lifts heavy weights can easily be defeated by emotions.

A word of caution really, be aware that the limits we have in life are there for a reason. Time after time, I see people on here and real life that are heartbroken because they attached their heart to another person.

It's not a nice experience at all. Certain things cannot be avoided. Especially when everywhere you go free mixing is the norm.

Share your tips/hadiths/articles/Islamic knowledge on how to avoid infatuation, fantasies in the head and fake feelings that screw people's mind.

:jkk:

I agree. Sometimes I am a bit "estreme", trying to avoid, when possible, any situation which can cause sadness. I am too sensitive and I try to protect myself this way.
        But free mixing doesn't generate love or heartbreak. It's what you do with that initial feeling with the opposite gender, feeling which is absolutely natural to feel, which can ruin your mind. The feeling itself is never the cause of such frustration or despair.

Comment

Salaam,

these are good reminders, you think it might just be innocent but it turns into something more and then you get the eventual downward spiral full of negative emotions. jzk.

Comment

Working...
          X