X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (Halaal) Aspects of Different Cultures that Impressed You

Something I like about the English is their simplicity

Simple food, simple weddings, simple culture

Simplicity can be nice sometimes but I feel blessed to be part of two cultures.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      Yes I got married soon after Ramadan

Remember me in your duas
      Ahamdulillah. Genuinely, sister, really so pleased to read that. Khub Khushir khobor. MaashaaAallah. Allah Ta'aalaa grant barakah. May He fill the life of sister and her husband with Rahmah.

(inshaaAllah, Oboisho, dua korbo o kortesi aPar joinne. Amader joinne o aPai dua koren)
      Last edited by Fakhri; 15-10-17, 11:43 PM.
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
      -------------------------------
      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        Ahamdulillah. Genuinely, sister, really so pleased to read that. Khub Khushir khobor. MaashaaAallah. Allah Ta'aalaa grant barakah. May He fill the life of sister and her husband with Rahmah.

(inshaaAllah, Oboisho, dua korbo o kortesi aPar joinne. Amader joinne o aPai dua koren)
        :jkk: for your kind words

May Allah reward you and bless you with a pious wife. Ameen
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Waalaikumussalam
          One of the awsome things I like in our culture is going for coffee to the brides house after wedding.
          Normally close family ,but after a proper biriyani those coffee with cardamons and ginger in a small cup is yum yum

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I suppose

Byriani isn't even my favourite lmso (Bengali have akni mainly) I think they are both the same
            Its a bit different

Comment

:wswrwb:

What I like about English culture is that their food is easy to make and delicious. It seems part of the culture to queue for things. They drive nicely too and follow road rules. You can compare this to other countries where the driving is really bad. Also I like how they do not view it as shameful for men to do housework or look after kids.

Comment

Things I like are traditional clothing I love seeing the different trends from place to place. there's some beautiful clothes out there.

Food its always nice to see (and taste) the traditional dishes around the world (Yum to proper biryani!)- I am not a real fan of British food on a whole maybe because its what grew up with? I was 12years old before I remember having anther type of food. Its quite same-y and bland to me.

I also love henna which isn't part of my cultural tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                  :wswrwb:

What I like about English culture is that their food is easy to make and delicious. It seems part of the culture to queue for things. They drive nicely too and follow road rules. You can compare this to other countries where the driving is really bad. Also I like how they do not view it as shameful for men to do housework or look after kids.
                  English food is rubbish lol its the worst
                  Chips and shepherds the most plain food ever

Comment

diracs, head wraps, bright jilbabs, poetry and language, rich history - East Africa/Somalia

Tight knit communities and they do the most out of all us for muslims here in the UK - Asians

Passion for the deen and accepting it in large numbers- Jamaicans/Caribbean/African Americans

Honourable courageous people - Chechnya

The people I always love, they have a special place, so humble and welcoming - Yemen
                    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

I love observing different cultures and how every culture has amazing aspects to it. Much of culture is stereotype and not everyone from a culture is alike but there is some truth to stereotype. From what I have noticed, I love

1) How dedicated American parents are in raising active/independent children? Parents spent so much time and attention on getting their kids involved in sports, creative learning, team activity, and finding themselves, its a completely different world to the "stay home, do your homework, stay out of trouble and be safe" desi lifestyle I grew up in. I think western parenting is much more active/involved than eastern parenting. I like how they value sports/after school activities for kids as a way to build character of hard work, time management, team building..etc. The cuddled childhood I had did not allow me to have a character until I was an adult.

2) The emphasis on individuality and acceptance in USA. It is recognized that everyone is born with a personality of their own & that is what makes us great. Although, the USA is not good at acceptance of individual differences yet, it is work in process and much better than other cultures where everyone is expected to be the same

3) Time management/punctuality the Germans have. The Asians at my work are the last ones to walk in to morning meeting (5-10 minute late), most Americans are good with their start time but some tend to forget the end time while the Germans I have seen will not accept late start or late end. Living by the rule, being on time is impressive to a chronicle late person like me.

4) Arabic culture of catering to women. In most case, desi family adhering to segregation basically means women get left behind while men help themselves. But that is not the case in the few Arabic culture I have witness. The women are not left behind, they have a society of their own: their own masjid, their own shopping area, their own parties, their own recreation activities..etc and the man are willing to take their women folks out to mingle with other females.

5) Eastern European's pride in home ownership and craftsmanship skills. In my neighborhood, when one searches for house they instantly will know what nationatliy the previous owners were based on how well the house was taken care of. The Eastern European (Bosnian, Albanian, Russian, Chezch) maintain their house and put beautiful detail works with perfect skills. In contrast, my country folks do duck tape (low skill, low quality) version of home improvement projects and there are other cultures that don't even bother to fix their home.

I am sure there is more but I don't have time to write anymore. Yes there are food, clothes and omg amazing skin care of the French and Korean women.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15879505_10211035822192025_215322777_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	10765868

Alhamdulillah.^

I thought this was a custom maybe, but apparently it was one particular school holding a ceremony to impress on children the importance of honouring mothers.

:jkk: some very interesting replies.

(Minus #23... Come on, Br [MENTION=143563]Abu julaybeeb[/MENTION], thread is for highlighting the good, not slagging off!!! :D )
                        Last edited by Fakhri; 16-10-17, 07:16 PM.
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

I absolutely love Caribbean accents. Anything & everything sounds awesome in a Caribbean accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]87868[/ATTACH]

Alhamdulillah.^

I thought this was a custom maybe, but apparently it was one particular school holding a ceremony to impress on children the importance of honouring mothers.

:jkk: some very interesting replies.

(Minus #23... Come on, Br [MENTION=143563]Abu julaybeeb[/MENTION], thread is for highlighting the good, not slagging off!!! :D )
                            Ok sorry
                            Chicken and chips is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                              Ok sorry
                              Chicken and chips is nice
                              :D :up:
                              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

I suppose

Byriani isn't even my favourite lmso (Bengali have akni mainly) I think they are both the same
                                This is blasphemy. They are NOT the same
                                Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Working...
                                X