Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is it to know how to drive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assalamu alaykum

How many of you drive? How easy has it made your life? Could you imagine a life without knowing how to drive?

Hit me up with some motivation please as my test is coming up and i am so close to just giving up as I just get so nervous and do some really dumb stuff

ive got a phobia of buses and I can't uber for the rest or my life so I do need to pass but it's just so hard controlling my nerves and it's costing me £50 per week for lessons, I can't really keep on forking out to only fail.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Re: How important is it to know how to drive?

Driving is like a requirement, it gets easier once u get yr license, when u own a car you can go to town to pick something up in 15 mins whereas by public transport it would take about 2 hours and its such a hasstle

I know ur a sister but if a potential didnt have a drivers license I'd be so put off lol
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Depends on where you live.

I live in US in a city where public transport is terrible. Been driving since I was 15.

Just try to relax. Do your best.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        Driving is like a requirement, it gets easier once u get yr license, when u own a car you can go to town to pick something up in 15 mins whereas by public transport it would take about 2 hours and its such a hasstle

I know ur a sister but if a potential didnt have a drivers license I'd be so put off lol

I just get so nervous so I don't know how I will pass the test! It would make my life a million times easier if I drove but I just don't know if I'll be able to drive properly on the test and it's giving me anxiety just thinking about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

I live in US in a city where public transport is terrible. Been driving since I was 15.
          I'm from the UK. I can't uses buses as I have a phobia of them & it gets annoying having to uber all the time. Walkings not much of an option either as I live quite far from most places (would probably take me 1hr 45 mins to walk into town!)

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
            Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

I'm from the UK. I can't uses buses as I have a phobia of them & it gets annoying having to uber all the time. Walkings not much of an option either as I live quite far from most places (would probably take me 1hr 45 mins to walk into town!)
            Yeah. Just make dua and try your best. There is nothing wrong if you fail. Eventually you will succeed iA.

Comment

Insha Allah. I've already failed twice when I was 18, though I am glad I did as my intentions for driving at that time were not good.

If anyone has any tips on how to relax and calm my nerves, please share. I've heard eating a banana (or two) is good for calming nerves so I'll try that but more tips would be good.

Comment

I just get so nervous so I don't know how I will pass the test! It would make my life a million times easier if I drove but I just don't know if I'll be able to drive properly on the test and it's giving me anxiety just thinking about it!
                I failed the first time too sis its not a big deal just dont think of it as such a big thing sis, you might fail, its okay, i mean you know yr parents might not pass the test even though they've been driving for so long, doesn't mean they cant drive, it just happens that ppl make mistakes sometimes
                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Insha Allah. I've already failed twice when I was 18, though I am glad I did as my intentions for driving at that time were not good.

If anyone has any tips on how to relax and calm my nerves, please share. I've heard eating a banana (or two) is good for calming nerves so I'll try that but more tips would be good.
                  Read your adhkaar with meaning
                  Make dua
                  Know that Allah swt only wants the best for you
                  Don't put extreme pressure on yourself
                  If you pass you're safe for the roads, if you don't you're not - no big deal
                  £50 a week may be better than lying in your grave wishing you had more time to repent
                  There job is just to assess that you will not be a hindrance to yourself or other drivers so u do ur part and let them do there's

I passed on my 3rd time and my driving instructor said that she always felt like I was driving on a minefield without a worry in the world lol. I am a pretty rubbish driver though - like I end up hitting stationary objects. I don't even know how.
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I failed the first time too sis its not a big deal just dont think of it as such a big thing sis, you might fail, its okay, i mean you know yr parents might not pass the test even though they've been driving for so long, doesn't mean they cant drive, it just happens that ppl make mistakes sometimes
                    :jkk: true sis. I guess I'm just putting pressure on myself because the test is changing on 4 December so if I don't pass, I'll have to take the new test which looks harder!

Comment

:jkk: true sis. I guess I'm just putting pressure on myself because the test is changing on 4 December so if I don't pass, I'll have to take the new test which looks harder!
                      Tbh its not so hard when u drive in the snow or ice, u have to drive superslow so that makes it easier to do the test, do make sure ur car is hot so the windows dont get damp

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                        Read your adhkaar with meaning
                        Make dua
                        Know that Allah swt only wants the best for you
                        Don't put extreme pressure on yourself
                        If you pass you're safe for the roads, if you don't you're not - no big deal
                        £50 a week may be better than lying in your grave wishing you had more time to repent
                        There job is just to assess that you will not be a hindrance to yourself or other drivers so u do ur part and let them do there's

I passed on my 3rd time and my driving instructor said that she always felt like I was driving on a minefield without a worry in the world lol. I am a pretty rubbish driver though - like I end up hitting stationary objects. I don't even know how.
                        :jkk: good tips

Comment

There plenty of Youtube videos. Just search 'How to pass the practical test' or 'Driving test tips', most of it is just reinforcement but it might help.
                          :salams
                          Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

:jkk: i am obsessed with the driving videos & watch them quite a bit.

i had a bad lesson yesterday so my confidence is quite low. In all fairness to me, it was my first time driving in the dark!

Comment

Tbh its not so hard when u drive in the snow or ice, u have to drive superslow so that makes it easier to do the test, do make sure ur car is hot so the windows dont get damp
                              My main problem is that I drive too fast LOL so I'd defo fail if I had to drive in the snow!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X