Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is it to know how to drive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How important is it to know how to drive?

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    Alhamdulilah, with more lessons, you will get more experience eventually.
    I did play some simulation games online to kind of visualise a bit.
    Estimate the edge of the body of your car when turning to avoid hitting the kerb.
    Important to check blindspots, as I think thats one of main points. So get the habit going.
    The more mistakes you make, the more you learn actually.

The parking part is quite boring imo.
    Simulation games online seems like a really good idea :jkk: I will try it out

I can parallel park like an expert Alhumdulilah but just can't bay park and apparently that's easier than parallel park! I've not had much practise with manoeuvres though and my test is soon so I'll just have to keep on practising until my test.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
      Simulation games online seems like a really good idea :jkk: I will try it outI can parallel park like an expert Alhumdulilah but just can't bay park and apparently that's easier than parallel park! I've not had much practise with manoeuvres though and my test is soon so I'll just have to keep on practising until my test.
      Oh ok, cool.parallel park is the more difficult thing to do imo. Especially if in a situation where you squeeze in between 2 cars.

Comment

It would certainly open more doors for you. not being able to drive will limit you from getting jobs due to distance. and it's not always good to rely on public transport. ;)

Comment

I failed my test.

I didn't want to take it as my grandmother passed away on Friday and my test was on Monday and I have loads on my mind but my instructor was being long. Guess what, I went into the test not knowing how to reverse around the corner but subhanallah I got such a nice examiner who gave me three point turn lol but I messed up on a mini roundabout. Yes that's right, I did all the spiral roundabouts / countryside roads fine but messed up on a mini roundabout. (I thought I was going straight ahead so didn't signal but the exit was slightly to the right and anyway it wasn't even the way I was supposed to be going)

Oh well.

Comment

I went into the test knowing that I will fail (I didn't know how to reverse round the corner) and I wasn't fully ready (but my instructor kept telling me to go) but I was really gutted when I failed because I actually did well right up until the mini roundabout which was on the way back to the test centre. I know it's Qadr but I feel like such a looser, the examiner was really nice as well. I got country side roads as well which is what I wanted (driving at 60mph!) but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I've only had 27 lessons so I think I'll take a few more and then book another test

Comment

I went into the test knowing that I will fail (I didn't know how to reverse round the corner) and I wasn't fully ready (but my instructor kept telling me to go) but I was really gutted when I failed because I actually did well right up until the mini roundabout which was on the way back to the test centre. I know it's Qadr but I feel like such a looser, the examiner was really nice as well. I got country side roads as well which is what I wanted (driving at 60mph!) but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I've only had 27 lessons so I think I'll take a few more and then book another test
              Hold on a minute !!!

What did you do on the mini round about ? How can someone do anything possibly wrong on a MINI ROUNDABOUT ?? !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Apples View Post
                Hold on a minute !!!

What did you do on the mini round about ? How can someone do anything possibly wrong on a MINI ROUNDABOUT ?? !!!!
                It was independent driving so I was told to go ahead so obviously I thought that meant straight ahead (where a signal is not required) but the exit was at say 1pm and not straight ahead so a signal was needed. Anyway it was the wrong exit and I was supposed to go left I'm a bit confused tbh I had no idea I did anything wrong on that roundabout

Comment

It was independent driving so I was told to go ahead so obviously I thought that meant straight ahead (where a signal is not required) but the exit was at say 1pm and not straight ahead so a signal was needed. Anyway it was the wrong exit and I was supposed to go left I'm a bit confused tbh I had no idea I did anything wrong on that roundabout
                  Oh Yeah BIG difference between straight ahead and 1 o clock !!!!

So you went for 27 lessons and still failed !!!!!

Comment

Oh Yeah BIG difference between straight ahead and 1 o clock !!!!

So you went for 27 lessons and still failed !!!!!
                    So what, the average amount of hours that they recommend is 45 hours with an instructor plus 20 hours of private practise, so I'm good out here thanks.

Plus, I've not had 27 hours of driving as the first 10-12 lessons my instructor would sit for half the lesson drawing diagrams

Comment

So what, the average amount of hours that they recommend is 45 hours with an instructor plus 20 hours of private practise, so I'm good out here thanks.

Plus, I've not had 27 hours of driving as the first 10-12 lessons my instructor would sit for half the lesson drawing diagrams
                      Well you still failed
                      Ha !

You should write down all your weaknesses and ask your instructor to take you roads that test it

Comment

Bare rude

Comment

Well you still failed
                          Ha !

You should write down all your weaknesses and ask your instructor to take you roads that test it
                          so what if I failed, it's not the end of the world and anyway the new test looks easier so Insha Allah I should have a better chance of passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                            Bare rude
                            He should be called rotten Apple

Comment

That was a bad joke/cuss

Comment

Say sorry Apple
                                إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Working...
                                X