Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is it to know how to drive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How important is it to know how to drive?

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    My main problem is that I drive too fast LOL so I'd defo fail if I had to drive in the snow!!!
    Lolll me too i slip n stuff but on the test just slow it down
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

My main problem is that I drive too fast LOL so I'd defo fail if I had to drive in the snow!!!
      Pretend u are a granny taking 600 unboxed eggs on your journey. You could wear a grey hijab (grey hair) that day to get u in the role
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
        Pretend u are a granny taking 600 unboxed eggs on your journey. You could wear a grey hijab (grey hair) that day to get u in the role
        Lolll. I've got a lesson soon and I'm going to drive as slow as I can so my eggs don't crack! Haha I will definitely remember this when I'm driving!
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Lolll. I've got a lesson soon and I'm going to drive as slow as I can so my eggs don't crack! Haha I will definitely remember this when I'm driving!
          lol let us know how it goes
          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Meh, speed and make an omelet
            It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
            "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Read your adhkaar with meaning
              Make dua
              Know that Allah swt only wants the best for you
              Don't put extreme pressure on yourself
              If you pass you're safe for the roads, if you don't you're not - no big deal
              £50 a week may be better than lying in your grave wishing you had more time to repent
              There job is just to assess that you will not be a hindrance to yourself or other drivers so u do ur part and let them do there's

I passed on my 3rd time and my driving instructor said that she always felt like I was driving on a minefield without a worry in the world lol. I am a pretty rubbish driver though - like I end up hitting stationary objects. I don't even know how.
              You have answered the question.

Perhaps go on an advanced training course. It's not just you on the roads. All cars should be fitted with black boxes to detect poor driving. Too many mistakes in a short period of time and your licence should be taken off you.

Comment

salaams to all

not important for women
                it only encourages them to leave home more often

you do get a few exceptions but most women dont fall into this category.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                jazakallah
                Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Track down the owner of the car below and ask for lessons (?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	10765862

In seriousness, like other have said, adhkaar, Du'aas, and accepting what will happen... Obvious of course, but to take a lot more lessons leading up to the day of the test? Maybe a lesson or an extended one on the same day or just before going to the centre, so the nerves are settled a lot more, inshaaAllah.

I remember on one of my tests... I'd never ever had problems with them before, but on the day, just as I came out of the centre at the start of the test...

I clipped a bollard with the wing-mirror. :[
                  Had to take the rest of the test knowing I'd failed pretty much on the first minute. :]
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                  -------------------------------
                  "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                  NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    Track down the owner of the car below and ask for lessons (?)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87861[/ATTACH]

In seriousness, like other have said, adhkaar, Du'aas, and accepting what will happen... Obvious of course, but to take a lot more lessons leading up to the day of the test? Maybe a lesson or an extended one on the same day or just before going to the centre, so the nerves are settled a lot more, inshaaAllah.

I remember on one of my tests... I'd never ever had problems with them before, but on the day, just as I came out of the centre at the start of the test...

I clipped a bollard with the wing-mirror. :[
                    Had to take the rest of the test knowing I'd failed pretty much on the first minute. :]
                    I can literally do parallel parking with my eyes closed. On my first test my instructor told me beforehand that if I get that and fail, he will shoot me! I went to the test and guess what, completely went blank and kept stalling. I just couldn't believe it, gives me anxiety just thinking about it!

Comment

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
                      salaams to all

not important for women
                      it only encourages them to leave home more often

you do get a few exceptions but most women dont fall into this category.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                      jazakallah
                      It's actually better than getting an uber (with a male driver)

I'm not one to leave the house without necessity, but it will make doing things like visiting my family, going to appointments and going to halaqas a lot easier.

Comment

lol let us know how it goes
                        She just made me re cap on my manoeuvres today so I didn't have a chance to speed!

I just don't understand, I did the reverse around the corner perfectly when she taught me first and today I just didn't get it.

Comment

I think I am too dumb to drive.

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

How many of you drive? How easy has it made your life? Could you imagine a life without knowing how to drive?

Hit me up with some motivation please as my test is coming up and i am so close to just giving up as I just get so nervous and do some really dumb stuff

ive got a phobia of buses and I can't uber for the rest or my life so I do need to pass but it's just so hard controlling my nerves and it's costing me £50 per week for lessons, I can't really keep on forking out to only fail.
                            :wswrwb:

It is a very useful skill to have. Regardless of the day-to-day, if a distressing situation arises and transporting someone/something is required, then you are another person (you) capable of doing it.

Telling yourself "I am too dumb to drive" will also decrease your motivation and courage. Be brave.

Lastly, and this may help if you're Asian/penny-pincher, Uber is expensive.

Wanting to save some money for not using an Uber every time should motivate you.

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
                              :wswrwb:

It is a very useful skill to have. Regardless of the day-to-day, if a distressing situation arises and transporting someone/something is required, then you are another person (you) capable of doing it.

Telling yourself "I am too dumb to drive" will also decrease your motivation and courage. Be brave.

Lastly, and this may help if you're Asian/penny-pincher, Uber is expensive.

Wanting to save some money for not using an Uber every time should motivate you.
                              :jkk: you're right I should stop telling myself I am too dumb to drive!

i just don't understand bay parking & reverse around the corner, It's so complicated.

Comment

It's important

I drove to work and back, on the rare occasion I would go to the shops to get what I need

Alhamdullilah it was useful

Passed at 19, third time round
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                                X