• Show
Clear All

Re: Healthy lifestyle tips

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171005_132031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	10765894

(Wonky pic - but it's a salad with raw spinach, cherry tomatoes, tuna, some spaghetti, and a boiled egg).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171004_101422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	10765895

(Lettuce, red cabbage, red onion, sweetcorn, sweet peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes)

Snack on that rather than junk food.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]87896[/ATTACH]

(Wonky pic - but it's a salad with raw spinach, cherry tomatoes, tuna, some spaghetti, and a boiled egg).
        Mm looks good sis jazakAllahu khair for the tips
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          I think its poppy flower seed lol
          No it isn't poppy seed. Poppy seeds are much smaller than the black seeds that are mentioned in the Sunnah. The black seeds being referred to in this thread are known by the following names:

- Nigella seeds (or nigella sativa)
          - Kalonji (mispronounced as "kalvanji" in parts of Pakistan)
          - black onion seeds
          - some people mistakenly call it "black cumin" as well but both cumin seeds and black cumin seeds are long and thin, whereas the Sunnah black seeds look more like this
          https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0

They are the size of sesame seeds and you may have seen them sprinkled on top of naan. I also use these seeds in kofta salan (meatballs).

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]87897[/ATTACH]

(Lettuce, red cabbage, red onion, sweetcorn, sweet peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes)

Snack on that rather than junk food.
          Wow, I'm not usually interested in salads but that looks lovely. It reminds me a bit of the salad they serve at one of my favourite restaurants.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            No it isn't poppy seed. Poppy seeds are much smaller than the black seeds that are mentioned in the Sunnah. The black seeds being referred to in this thread are known by the following names:

- Nigella seeds (or nigella sativa)
            - Kalonji (mispronounced as "kalvanji" in parts of Pakistan)
            - black onion seeds
            - some people mistakenly call it "black cumin" as well but both cumin seeds and black cumin seeds are long and thin, whereas the Sunnah black seeds look more like this
            https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0

They are the size of sesame seeds and you may have seen them sprinkled on top of naan. I also use these seeds in kofta salan (meatballs).

Wow, I'm not usually interested in salads but that looks lovely. It reminds me a bit of the salad they serve at one of my favourite restaurants.
            JazakAllahu khair sis
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
              Lemon water in the mornings and 5 soaked almonds every morning

honey mask on your face - feels disgusting but leaves your skin amazing
              Assalamu alaykum. Does it keep your skin clear?

Comment

Originally posted by Climbing View Post
                Assalamu alaykum. Does it keep your skin clear?
                It makes it glowwwwwwwwwwww like crazy

but most of the time I feel too eww to put it on
                ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                  It makes it glowwwwwwwwwwww like crazy

but most of the time I feel too eww to put it on
                  Really? You put it alone or with something else? I feel that it breaks out the skin hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Climbing View Post
                    Really? You put it alone or with something else? I feel that it breaks out the skin hmm
                    Lol well I cleanse and exfoliate first and so honey is just like icing on the cake/face
                    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Literally just slice up everything really finely. If you sprinkle some lemon juice on top - it should last a couple of days in the fridge. You can also add tuna, eggs, salmon, chicken, cashew nuts, peanuts, to it too.

You can eat it as a side to roti, or add it in baguette for a sandwich, or just snack on it during the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X