Du'aas for my situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Du'aas for my situation

What are some things I can do to help my soul? Recently, I have been going through so much anxiety, depression, and fear. This is mostly due to the struggles I have been facing in school. I have never been through any struggle like this before, so I can say this is the most challenging time I'm currently going through in my life, and am struggling severely unlike the people I am surrounded by. One of the reasons of those struggles is that many aspects are not under my control like they used to be, so now I am needing to rely on Allah to take care of me. Although I've been good about my religion, these unfortunate circumstances have led me to increase my prayers and make du'aa constantly because I need Allah now more than ever. Despite me trying to be positive and have faith, I am still finding myself trapped in anxiety and doubt. I am away from my family for school for 2 more years if Allah wills, so being alone doesn't help either.
    My mind keeps going back to the mistakes I've made at school in my learning process and my fate from those mistakes, leading me to be depressed. I never thought I'd ever be in the situation I am in now.
    I appreciate you taking your time to read my situation and offering me some guidance. May Allah bless you.
    Last edited by Thy74; 18-09-17, 04:13 AM.

Re: Du'aas for my situation

I like this dua from the Quran: " رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ": "My Lord, indeed I am, for whatever good You would send down to me, in need."(Surah 28:24):

http://legacy.quran.com/28/24
    Last edited by Calender121438; 18-09-17, 04:20 AM.

Comment

:salams

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:
      للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي
      ‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’
      “O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”
      but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum

Start your day with morning adhkar, and also the duas for anxiety and depression inshaAllah. There are specific dua that the prophet (sas) used to make.

reflect on them as you say them.

Look at this time as a time of growth. What is Allah (swt) trying to teach you? If you think about it, you never had control, it was always Allah (swt) taking care of you. So step back, and try to see what it is that Allah (swt) trying to teach you? What are you supposed to learn. How can you grow? Reframe your situation. Could this be an opportunity for elevation, to draw closer to Allah (swt) to earn Jannah?

Fear, and anxiety, let go of your need for control, and let Allah (swt) do what He (swt) has planned for you. What He swt has planned for you is always better than your own plan, and everything is good for the believer, remember that. You are making Dua, thats good mashaAllah.

Try to read books on how to deal with anxiety and doubt, inshaAllah.

Your story reminded me of a time when I went through something very difficult in school. Looking back, althought it was a very painful time of myself, it was also a time when I learned the most grew the most and Allah (swt) opened doors for me to draw closer to Him (swt).

Read the story of Yusuf (as), do you think he felt like he had control? And yet look at how everything turned out for him.

Listen to stories of the prophets.

Life is short, remember that. It is too short to waste being depressed, anxious or fearful. Those emotions are there to teach you something. Ask Allah (swt) to help you to learn what He swt wants you to learn. and use your time well, listen to tafsir, nouman ali khan, listen to speakers, read Quran, read books.

Journaling helps as well.

One teachnique is to write down everythign that is on your mind, read it, and then rewrite it except this time with a postive spin. How can you be the hero of your story? What can you do? What is within your control? As long as you do your best with what you got, Allah (swt) will take care of the rest iA. He (st) won't let you fall. Trust that. As long as you are patient, you are passing your test. And a way to be patient is to be grateful. So practice gratitude and do your best inshaAllah.

Comment

Assalamu alaikum sister,

I'm glad you reached out. You cannot beat yourself up over your past. Everything that you are today is because of what has happened to you in the past. You may have made some mistakes but whatever the cost was you have eman right now and are relying on Allah (swt) the only one we can rely on without fear/doubt. the one who will never let us down, the one who loves us more than anyone can love us including our parents! He has written our destiny in a way that will be good for us, but the choices we make down the road determines if we will be amongst the companion of the right on the day of judgement (for Jannah) or the companions of the left (hell bound). Whatever has happened in the past was part of your destiny and therefore you cannot be upset with it for the fear of being upset with what Allah (swt) has decreed for you. When we worship Allah (swt) we must respect all this commands, his authority, his love and his Qadr.

I understand situations are difficult for you right now but consider it as a trial. And Allah (swt) only puts those who He loves under test. And the more He loves you the more difficult the tests are, and each test should bring you closer to Him in the end. So fear not sister, make sure in every sujood you ask Allah Rabbul Alamin for patience and perseverance and for the veils on your eyes to be removed (same duahs I make every sujood).

Just to give you an idea how severe tests can become:

1) Consider the case of Yaqub (Jacob) (AS). He lost his son Yousef (AS) in early childhood and didn't find him till much later. He cried till he became blind. Such is the test of Allah (SWT). But in the end because of what happened to Yousef (AS) he was able to save an entire nation from famine. One man's life was put through much difficulty to save an entire nation.
          2) The fitna of Mihna during Imam Ahmed Bin Hanbal Ash Shaibani (rahimullah). His teacher Imam Shafi'e (rahimullah) had seen in his dream RasulAllah (swas) commanding him to tell Imam Ahmed (rahimullah) to hold steadfast to his dean as a fitna is about to hit him. When the fitna did arrive (deviant sect claiming Qur'an is not the word of Allah(swt) but His creation) Imam Ahmed (rahimullah) was prisoned and beaten up every day to the point he became senseless. He did not budge because he knew this was a test. He endured torture for so long. Just because he knew this was a trial from his Rabb! If he hadn't endured and caved I don't think Islam would be what we see Islam as today.

From what I understand trials are a means of purifying our souls. Who knows what Allah (SWT) has written in your destiny! Maybe you are meant for such greatness that you could never imagine! I pray to Allah (SWT) to make our trials much easier than these great men and may he grant us guidance and perseverance, ameen.

Also, surround yourself with positive people. Because in times of stress one is often prone to develop bad habits and falling prey to the whispers of shaytan.

Hope this helped.
          Regards.
          A humble miskin brother.

Originally posted by Thy74 View Post
          What are some things I can do to help my soul? Recently, I have been going through so much anxiety, depression, and fear. This is mostly due to the struggles I have been facing in school. I have never been through any struggle like this before, so I can say this is the most challenging time I'm currently going through in my life, and am struggling severely unlike the people I am surrounded by. One of the reasons of those struggles is that many aspects are not under my control like they used to be, so now I am needing to rely on Allah to take care of me. Although I've been good about my religion, these unfortunate circumstances have led me to increase my prayers and make du'aa constantly because I need Allah now more than ever. Despite me trying to be positive and have faith, I am still finding myself trapped in anxiety and doubt. I am away from my family for school for 2 more years if Allah wills, so being alone doesn't help either.
          My mind keeps going back to the mistakes I've made at school in my learning process and my fate from those mistakes, leading me to be depressed. I never thought I'd ever be in the situation I am in now.
          I appreciate you taking your time to read my situation and offering me some guidance. May Allah bless you.
          Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
          Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
          That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Working...
          X