• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meriadoc
    replied
    Re: Skin care- Acne prone skin

Originally posted by Ghuraba321 View Post
    Accutane is the way to go!
    Accutane can have rather serious side effects for certain people, which is why my sister didn't take it.

=

She had acne for many years and tried everything and anything. Eventually, she bought some products from South Korea and they've seemed to do what the Western products couldn't. Apparently her skin has improved considerably and all she has is minor scarring which she's sorting out via the SK beauty items. They're a fraction of the price of what other companies charge, which is helpful if you're a student and can't afford expensive treatments.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

Originally posted by horizon View Post
    I was referring to the sisters Post about using shampoo on the face :) However, we should all be careful about things like our skin and body (with regards to treatments, etc.)
    agreed :)

Leave a comment:

• horizon
    replied

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    Yeah I know. I used to try things like that but I did find that for my skin in particular, it didn't work out so well. But you never know about other people. I was thinking that if anyone asked, I would tell them my methods and these other ones. But of course I would explain the consequences that might arise in using a product like that.
    I was referring to the sisters Post about using shampoo on the face :) However, we should all be careful about things like our skin and body (with regards to treatments, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

Please be mindful of doing this and recommending it to others. A dermatologist will likely advise you that this is a bad thing to do over the long term (even if you do it occasionally).
    Yeah I know. I used to try things like that but I did find that for my skin in particular, it didn't work out so well. But you never know about other people. I was thinking that if anyone asked, I would tell them my methods and these other ones. But of course I would explain the consequences that might arise in using a product like that.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied

Please be mindful of doing this and recommending it to others. A dermatologist will likely advise you that this is a bad thing to do over the long term (even if you do it occasionally).
    I don't know, sister. I used to frequent acne.org when reading about it and some said that their dermatologist recommended this. But then again, you'll never really know if they went to a dermatologist.

Leave a comment:

• horizon
    replied

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    [MENTION=145464]aelmo[/MENTION] I'm not sure if this will work with chronic acne, but you can wash your face with head and shoulders. I know it's weird to wash your face with shampoo, but it helps with breakouts. It's really drying, though. You can use it as a spot treatment, but you have to be really careful because it can burn your skin.

Have you seen a doctor? I have a family member with chronic acne but it's because they had pregnancy induced hypothyroidism.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied

Wow, that's lucky that you figured that out. Unfortunately though moisturizers make me break out which is such a pain. Alhamdililallah that I don't have very dry skin otherwise I would be in real trouble. lol.
    But its great that you found that hack.
    Yeah, alhamdulillah. Oh wow, that sucks. Even the oil free ones give you a hard time?

I forgot to mention that my sister had problems with her skin and she started using this AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser by Murad and it helped her a lot.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

Head and shoulders doesn't burn to wash your face with, but leaving it on can leave marks on your skin, from what I've heard.

Hm, yeah, I found out head and shoulders works on accident. I ran out of facial soap when I was 13 so I panicked and washed my face with shampoo as I was terrified of acne. It ended up reducing the blemishes I already had. I read about it online afterwards and others said that it works for them. I still wash my face with it, but you have to moisturize well or else your skin will get really dry. I think I heard moisturizing well helps prevent your face from producing excess sebum if the products you use dry out your skin.
    Wow, that's lucky that you figured that out. Unfortunately though moisturizers make me break out which is such a pain. Alhamdililallah that I don't have very dry skin otherwise I would be in real trouble. lol.
    But its great that you found that hack.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied

Head and shoulders and I don't get along very well. Personally I like the things I use because the ingredients are very soothing. It took forever to find out what worked for me. My routine doesn't dry out my skin or cause any burning sensations. But I never really heard of putting head and shoulders on acne. I have a face mask that gives off that cooling feeling that head and shoulders gives, so I see how it might work for some people.
    The problem is that using regular soaps and shampoos generally take out too much of the natural oils in your skin, so your body over compensates to try and bring back the oil and that kind of makes you break out more. Or so I've heard.
    But everyone's skin is different I guess.
    Head and shoulders doesn't burn to wash your face with, but leaving it on can leave marks on your skin, from what I've heard.

Hm, yeah, I found out head and shoulders works on accident. I ran out of facial soap when I was 13 so I panicked and washed my face with shampoo as I was terrified of acne. It ended up reducing the blemishes I already had. I read about it online afterwards and others said that it works for them. I still wash my face with it, but you have to moisturize well or else your skin will get really dry. I think I heard moisturizing well helps prevent your face from producing excess sebum if the products you use dry out your skin.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

[MENTION=145464]aelmo[/MENTION] I'm not sure if this will work with chronic acne, but you can wash your face with head and shoulders. I know it's weird to wash your face with shampoo, but it helps with breakouts. It's really drying, though. You can use it as a spot treatment, but you have to be really careful because it can burn your skin.

Have you seen a doctor? I have a family member with chronic acne but it's because they had pregnancy induced hypothyroidism.
    Head and shoulders and I don't get along very well. Personally I like the things I use because the ingredients are very soothing. It took forever to find out what worked for me. My routine doesn't dry out my skin or cause any burning sensations. But I never really heard of putting head and shoulders on acne. I have a face mask that gives off that cooling feeling that head and shoulders gives, so I see how it might work for some people.
    The problem is that using regular soaps and shampoos generally take out too much of the natural oils in your skin, so your body over compensates to try and bring back the oil and that kind of makes you break out more. Or so I've heard.
    But everyone's skin is different I guess.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
    salam alaikum

I suggest you look into the sunnah as that usually has all the answers.

2 things the sunnah recommends is honey and olive oil. Both are a form of medicine.
    just google Acne and olive oil and acne and honey you'll see there is lots of scientific evidence to back this up.

I also like simplicity, whats in honey?honey whats in olive oil?olive oil and both are full of barakah.
    No negative side effects,no prescription needed,available everywhere.
    That's very interesting. I don't doubt that they wouldn't be great but I feel like it would take a while to take effect. When I was younger I used to try things like that but I didn't have much patience for it, unfortunately. But it might be worth giving it another try!

Leave a comment:

• Samsandman
    replied

salam alaikum

I suggest you look into the sunnah as that usually has all the answers.

2 things the sunnah recommends is honey and olive oil. Both are a form of medicine.
    just google Acne and olive oil and acne and honey you'll see there is lots of scientific evidence to back this up.

I also like simplicity, whats in honey?honey whats in olive oil?olive oil and both are full of barakah.
    No negative side effects,no prescription needed,available everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

Originally posted by Ghuraba321 View Post
    Alhamdulillah indeed, sis.

You don't have to live with acne. It's not nice. I know it can cause things like low self-esteem, isolation, anxiety, low confidence, depression etc

Maybe you can talk to the doctor about it and see if they could consider you or something. If they refuse, maybe you can get the drug from a private doctor or dermatologist too, I'm not sure.
    Well if something happens and I start getting a lot of acne again then maybe I will look into that. I found that my acne problem is genetic, so I can't say for sure that it is gone forever. But so far so good! And what I do now I can do at home and that's always nice.
    Thanks a lot for the advice!

Leave a comment:

• Ghuraba321
    replied
    Skin care- Acne prone skin

Alhamdulillah indeed, sis.

You don't have to live with acne. It's not nice. I know it can cause things like low self-esteem, isolation, anxiety, low confidence, depression etc

Maybe you can talk to the doctor about it and see if they could consider you or something. If they refuse, maybe you can get the drug from a private doctor or dermatologist too, I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X