Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The weight loss/fitness thread !!! Alhamdulilah to motivate each other in sha Allah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weight loss/fitness thread !!! Alhamdulilah to motivate each other in sha Allah

Lets do this!!!

Lets make a long term weight loss thread (in sha Allah) to share resources, encourage each other and post our weight loss/fitness journey

So... basically I have been putting on weight constantly since 10 years old. before that I was skinny.

I am around around 6ft tall and 113 kilos. I don't look very chubby, but my health is seriously at risk, I'm technically obese and my Doctor had referred me to a dietitian in the past....

To lose weight I'm at the gym once a day for an hour. I do 40 mins of cardio and 20 mins of toning and stretching

My diet needs to improve as I need to learn to cook to make regular meals. I'm living off diet fizzy drinks at the moment.

I also would like to start doing squats, lifting too.

Lets go (in sha Allah ) !!!
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: The weight loss/fitness thread !!! Alhamdulilah to motivate each other in sha All

If you're having difficulties with your diet, you need to find fruit and vegetables which you enjoy. I don't mean like if you like bananas that you go get the first ones you see, some half-decent banana or some mediocre Granny Smith apples of questionable origin just to make sure you aren't hungry, but something you will want to eat. You usually find that in larger stores or in the heart of town obviously. I didn't eat kiwis since i was a kid, because they're usually hard, sour, small. Then the other day I bought two of some new kind which were big, had a golden kind of color, weren't too hard, but they were sweet - I could eat 20 of them in one day, though they're a bit more expensive, but hey, 2 of them were enough for breakfast along with a sandwich and some coffee.
    And it's going to take a bunch of attempts, you have to try produce from all kinds of stores until you find the right ones, sometimes they've got great apples in one store but horrible berries, and great berries in another store but horrible apples.

Also you have to facilitate the access to those kinds of meals so they're easier to make and hence become the obvious choice, especially if they taste good and have a nice texture. I eat salads often because I keep the cutting board clean and ready on one of the benches in the kitchen, I buy a pack of small plastic bags and put the container nearby so when I peel or cut the vegetables, I just drop all of the refuse into it, tie it up, throw it into the main bin. When picking stuff out from the fridge or elsewhere, take the sieve, gather everything into it so you don't have to go back and forth all the time, put the sieve's handle and tip horizontally over the sink so it hangs on while you wash each thing separately and put it back down, then you take it all to the cutting board. I've got vinegar and some herbs nearby, it's all there. Make some in bulk, store it in tupperware or something for the coming few days. We all more or less know what's healthier and what isn't(carbohydrates/dough/rice/pasta, fat/oil/cheese, sugar), the problem is we're either too lazy or we don't like it. Well then that's what we have to solve - make it easier, tune it to suit your taste.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Re: The weight loss/fitness thread !!! Alhamdulilah to motivate each other in sha All

I lost 18 pounds in the last month with my diet. I have always struggled with my weight, but I have finally found something that I am able to maintain. I stick to eating proteins chicken, fish, lamb, and goat and some beef (I went overboard with the beef, which isn't really good for you). It is ok to have some fat on the protein that you eat, and you should include organ meat once or twice a week if you have it available. Liver is probably the most nutritious part of the animal that many don't eat.

I have a light breakfast, which usually consists of lemonade that I make with stevia, an apple or banana, one or two eggs, and a handful of walnuts. I don't have lunch, I just sip on water and for dinner I make either a bake or saute. I find frozen veggies are cheaper and more nutritious than fresh (since they pick them at peak ripeness and flash freeze them, while fresh don't have time to ripen on the vine, so they lose the chance to get more nutrients from the host plant). I like to use tahini sauce in a lot of my meals, which is basically 2 spoons of tahini, juice of 1-2 lemons, salt, finely minced garlic and a dash of parsley all blended together, works really well on chicken and veggies, or grilled meat, even great on baked meatballs (make sure to add grated onions and finely chopped parsley to the ground beef).

I struggled for the first three days with this diet but it got easier as time went by. make sure to read all the ingredients of everything you buy. Don't buy it if it has High Fructose Corn Syrup or just plain old Corn Syrup. Give up sugar in general, there is nothing good in it, and slowly introduce stevia into your diet as an alternative. Give up diet sodas, its been said they may cause you to be hungrier after you drink it and it contains plenty of crap you don't want in your body. If you have a Whole Foods Store, I recommend you go and buy some Zevia soda, which is a soda with all natural ingredients sweetened with Stevia (Dark Cherry, and Soda taste good) and it has no artificial colors.

Try to drink to cups of green tea during lunch time, it will help keep you full, so you won't suffer hunger pains, and remember what the Prophet said about filling your stomach with 1/3 liquid, 1/3 food and 1/3 air. Portion control is key.

Also, potatoes are your friend. Just boil or bake them, and don't fry them or dress them up with ranch dressing or sour cream. Make sure to also drink plenty of water through out the day, and don't over do it on the fruit. What ever fruits you eat in a day shouldn't be more than the size of three large apples.

The key to losing weight is Diet. Exercise helps, but its more about 85% diet and 15% exercise.

Comment

Perhaps order your shopping online if that's available where you live. Don't order fizzy drinks and sugary stuff. When ordering online do it when you have time so you actually think about what and why you are ordering a certain product. Once you get into the habit of healthy eating then inshaa Allah you can go do your grocery shopping at the shops.

Another thing is when we are hungry we tend to snack on anything that's available so prepare salads in advance. You can make smoothies and freeze them. Also can make soups in large quantities and freeze them too. Just remember to take out from the freezer what you will be consuming in advance.

Planning your meals really helps.

Comment

There is a facebook group for people like you that would like a support group for healthy eating and working out. It's called Fit for Allah Squad. Feel free to pm me and I can add you!

Comment

I've put on too much weight since being unemployed. Gonna workout and eat healthy now insha'Allah!

Comment

Im 5ft 7 and i weighed 118

I had been going to nutritions since i was 10 years old and i had been called fat way too many times and i decided in july to go for sleeve surgery, i know many ppl say its the easy way out but i did it for my health as nothing else worked anymore and i did try countless times...

Now i lost 26 kg and im stuck at 92 kg rn, i really need to get into some sports or smt bc i need to get this weight down
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                Im 5ft 7 and i weighed 118

I had been going to nutritions since i was 10 years old and i had been called fat way too many times and i decided in july to go for sleeve surgery, i know many ppl say its the easy way out but i did it for my health as nothing else worked anymore and i did try countless times...

Now i lost 26 kg and im stuck at 92 kg rn, i really need to get into some sports or smt bc i need to get this weight down

you did the surgery and u lost 26 kg that's awesome masha'Allah.

But u do need to follow healthy lifestyle i.e healthy light wholesome meals + work out and if u hate exercise .. just try to eat less and move more .. till u used to it and adopt it as new lifestyle insha'Allah ..

prepare your meals in advance

wish u the best
                How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
                  you did the surgery and u lost 26 kg that's awesome masha'Allah.

But u do need to follow healthy lifestyle i.e healthy light wholesome meals + work out and if u hate exercise .. just try to eat less and move more .. till u used to it and adopt it as new lifestyle insha'Allah ..

prepare your meals in advance

wish u the best
                  Yea ur right but i love unhealthy food hahaha :( that didnt change bc of surgery
                  يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                    Yea ur right but i love unhealthy food hahaha :( that didnt change bc of surgery

I was trying to say surgery not enough to be fit and in shape. gotta work on our eating habits ..
                    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
                      I was trying to say surgery not enough to be fit and in shape. gotta work on our eating habits ..
                      Yea i know ur right sis

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Do you do fasting (intermittent)
                        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Working...
                        X