Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I stop talking myself into getting uneccessary beauty treatments

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
    Well, there is no way you're getting this perception out of thin air. There's a certain influence that has made you think this way..Maybe friends, maybe tv..Allahu Allam, you know yourself.

Whatever that influence is, stay away from it.
    MmmMmMmMMMmmm. Friends. About time I cut out half-ass company.
    Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
      Fake it till you make it, right? I jk, I jk.
      The natural you will be infinitely better than the fake you any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        When it comes to maturity, yes.
        Does it make me immature to be leaning towards things in my OP?
        Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
          The natural you will be infinitely better than the fake you any day of the week.
          I agree. I do love my natural look tbh. I can and do go out daily with no makeup. It is just the temptation of what I can change etc.
          Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
            Sister, you should especially abstain from Instagram.

Its only purpose is for a certain type of photography (ie. there is no need/requirement for such photography), which is why it is regarded as impermissible by many scholars.

Spending a lot of time on that app will create these types of feelings in you: feeling inadequate, jealousy, depression/sadness, anger, frustration, etc.

Delete the app and replace it with something better, like a deeni app (or just stop using apps gradually).
            Damn, I didn't even think of it like that. My explore page is full of landscape photography. Lol. But damn.....
            Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
              Does it make me immature to be leaning towards things in my OP?
              Just saying I usually only see teenage girls be so picky or insecure about their looks like this.

As people grow and mature they should grow out of that type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Just saying I usually only see teenage girls be so picky or insecure about their looks like this.

As people grow and mature they should grow out of that type of thing.
                MmmMMMMMMMmm. I see. I guess I am still growing. Soon I won't give a toss. I am sure.
                Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Just think about disgusting perverts being attracted to you if you're beautiful. Eeew GROSS right?

Now think of how awesome it would be if you just didn't care about the way you look and how free you will feel.
                  Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 10-08-17, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Why be a kartrashian, when you can be a khadeejah?

https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                      Why be a kartrashian, when you can be a khadeejah?

Tru.
                      Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                        Just think about disgusting perverts being attracted to you if you're beautiful. Eeew GROSS right?

Now think of how awesome it would be if you just didn't care about the way you look and how free you will feel.
                        That's a good way of thinking about it. Thank you.
                        Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Working...
                        X