Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I stop talking myself into getting uneccessary beauty treatments

Originally posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
    Fillers are cosmetic surgeries but are also semi permanent. I have a serious issue with fashion/beauty/makeup. Currently in the process of changing my mindset so I can accept who I am. I want to be able to become so secure in myself I don't want these things, but damn it is so hard. Also because we live in a time where we can change whatever we want, for whatever reason... Anything is pretty much possible. If I had $$$ I would get a lot changed.
    Whatever you see on the net, magazine covers, TV - it's not real.

Be confident with the way you look, and appreciate what Allaah the Most High has blessed you with.

Yes, the temptation is real, and it's easy to think and want to look a certain way, but really, if you have insecurities, low self-esteem, then no matter how 'good' you look, you will always feel inadequate.

I don't think you should worry about changing your physical appearance, strive to be a better person, spiritually, emotionally. Work on your character.

It's all about having a healthy mind set sister - those fake girls you see everywhere, they're not even real. Why would you want to be like them, when your purpose in life is to please your Creator?

Sure, you can experiment with make-up, accessories, be classy and sophisticated, but remember that nothing comes before obedience to the Allaah azza wa jal.

Comment

Fillers are cosmetic surgeries but are also semi permanent. I have a serious issue with fashion/beauty/makeup. Currently in the process of changing my mindset so I can accept who I am. I want to be able to become so secure in myself I don't want these things, but damn it is so hard. Also because we live in a time where we can change whatever we want, for whatever reason... Anything is pretty much possible. If I had $$$ I would get a lot changed.
      You sound a lot like a friend I used to have. She was obsessed with plastic surgery when there was nothing wrong with the way she looked. Her problem was that she would compare herself to what she'd see on TV, social media, etc., so she became very insecure. This is the case with so many women.

Like Indefinable said earlier, these women are very fake and all you have to do is watch makeup tutorials and you'll see what they really look like. Many times they look like your average woman. When a lot of the women you see have makeup caked on, their level of beauty becomes what you consider average. You'll end up unrealistic expectations and you'll think of yourself as ugly and those women as normal when in reality, practically no one looks like that without makeup. It's even worse because women tend to be hypercritical of themselves. I think you have have unrealistic expectations of yourself so the advice Indefinable gave you was spot on. It's hard not to compare yourself to those around you so the best thing you can do is stay away from social media and try not to look at things of the sort.
      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

You probably check instagram and watch TV too much...

For real.
        Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

How do I stop talking myself into getting uneccessary beauty treatments

Ehh...

Just how old are you OP?

Comment

Face cut into pieces? Abadaan.

Talking mainly about semi permanent treatments etc.
            The ones where you turn into fish pout face, yeah that's a really appealing look.

Any look you go for won't be natural so it's not really you. It will be fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
              You probably check instagram and watch TV too much...

For real.
              Nah. I am on IG - only social media I use. I use it for my photography. I don't want to look like anyone else. I am just weak, and convinced if I look better, I will feel better - which I know is total BS.
              Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Ehh...

Just how old are you OP?
                Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                  The ones where you turn into fish pout face, yeah that's a really appealing look.

Any look you go for won't be natural so it's not really you. It will be fake.
                  Fake it till you make it, right? I jk, I jk.
                  Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                    Whatever you see on the net, magazine covers, TV - it's not real.

Be confident with the way you look, and appreciate what Allaah the Most High has blessed you with.

Yes, the temptation is real, and it's easy to think and want to look a certain way, but really, if you have insecurities, low self-esteem, then no matter how 'good' you look, you will always feel inadequate.

I don't think you should worry about changing your physical appearance, strive to be a better person, spiritually, emotionally. Work on your character.

It's all about having a healthy mind set sister - those fake girls you see everywhere, they're not even real. Why would you want to be like them, when your purpose in life is to please your Creator?

Sure, you can experiment with make-up, accessories, be classy and sophisticated, but remember that nothing comes before obedience to the Allaah azza wa jal.
                    You are 100% right sister. Thank you so much for responding in such a kind way. I will work on building my imaan and becoming a better person inside.

<3
                    Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                      You sound a lot like a friend I used to have. She was obsessed with plastic surgery when there was nothing wrong with the way she looked. Her problem was that she would compare herself to what she'd see on TV, social media, etc., so she became very insecure. This is the case with so many women.

Like Indefinable said earlier, these women are very fake and all you have to do is watch makeup tutorials and you'll see what they really look like. Many times they look like your average woman. When a lot of the women you see have makeup caked on, their level of beauty becomes what you consider average. You'll end up unrealistic expectations and you'll think of yourself as ugly and those women as normal when in reality, practically no one looks like that without makeup. It's even worse because women tend to be hypercritical of themselves. I think you have have unrealistic expectations of yourself so the advice Indefinable gave you was spot on. It's hard not to compare yourself to those around you so the best thing you can do is stay away from social media and try not to look at things of the sort.
                      Needed to hear that. Or shall I say read? Lol. Thanks so much. <3
                      Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Comment

Nah. I am on IG - only social media I use. I use it for my photography. I don't want to look like anyone else. I am just weak, and convinced if I look better, I will feel better - which I know is total BS.
                          Well, there is no way you're getting this perception out of thin air. There's a certain influence that has made you think this way..Maybe friends, maybe tv..Allahu Allam, you know yourself.

Whatever that influence is, stay away from it.
                          Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Sister, you should especially abstain from Instagram.

Its only purpose is for a certain type of photography (ie. there is no need/requirement for such photography), which is why it is regarded as impermissible by many scholars.

Spending a lot of time on that app will create these types of feelings in you: feeling inadequate, jealousy, depression/sadness, anger, frustration, etc.

Delete the app and replace it with something better, like a deeni app (or just stop using apps gradually).

Comment

Does age matter?
                              Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Does age matter?
                                When it comes to maturity, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X