Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop talking myself into getting uneccessary beauty treatments

AA.

So I am really drawn towards beauty treatments and cosmetic surgeries. How can I stop this especially as I know it is wrong? I am comfortable with myself but there is something exciting about changing myself in ways in which I would look better. How can I stop caring about my image 100%?

<3
    Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Re: How do I stop talking myself into getting uneccessary beauty treatments

Wa alaikum Salaam,

Change comes from within. The difference between us and the Sahaaba (RA) was that when they intended to change, they were sincere in it. So you must be sincere before proceeding.

Firstly, beautifying yourself and then exposing yourself to non-mahrams is not permissible.

Here is a ruling regarding cosmetic surgery: http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/34846 (the question is from a man, so you can imagine how we are ALL conscious of our appearances)

Apart from the ruling, you should always keep in mind your fellow suffering Muslimeen. Each time you have a desire to undergo an unnecessary beauty treatment, give the money you would have spent on it away in Sadaqaah/Lillah.

Doing this will teach you about how wasteful the expenditure is, but will also benefit those who have nothing.

Comment

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
      As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Thank you so much.

I am new to this forum, so not quite sure if I am using it right.

It is a wasteful expenditure.

Thanks again.

:)
      Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by iKnowWhatiWant View Post
        AA.

So I am really drawn towards beauty treatments and cosmetic surgeries. How can I stop this especially as I know it is wrong? I am comfortable with myself but there is something exciting about changing myself in ways in which I would look better. How can I stop caring about my image 100%?

<3
        You should care about your image, but within the limits of what Islaam has ordained for us.

Don't look at those on Instagram/YouTube with tonnes of make up and filtered/photoshopped pictures. It's all fake.

Be grateful for what Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has blessed you with.

Comment

I am comfortable with myself but there is something exciting about changing myself in ways in which I would look better.
          :wswrwb:

Try makeup? But at home, of course.
          "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
          - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Why do you talk to yourself? That's strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              You should care about your image, but within the limits of what Islaam has ordained for us.

Don't look at those on Instagram/YouTube with tonnes of make up and filtered/photoshopped pictures. It's all fake.

Be grateful for what Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has blessed you with.
              Assalaamu Įlaykum.

You are so right.
              Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                Why do you talk to yourself? That's strange.
                Who doesn't talk to themselves eh?
                Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                  :wswrwb:

Try makeup? But at home, of course.
                  Makeup gets so boring. LOL @ but at home. If only it was that easy, man.
                  Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

So you actually want to really get your face all cut into pieces, because ... it's fun?

Smh. I will never understand the youth of today.

Comment

About going out without makeup, you just have to force yourself. Insha'Allah it'll get easier.

It's not worth it. - http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ruj&highlight=
                      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 10-08-17, 06:00 PM.
                      "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                      - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

So you actually want to really get your face all cut into pieces, because ... it's fun?

Smh. I will never understand the youth of today.
                        Face cut into pieces? Abadaan.

Talking mainly about semi permanent treatments etc.
                        Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                          About going out without makeup, you just have to force yourself. Insha'Allah it'll get easier.

It's not worth it. - http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ruj&highlight=
                          <3 <3 <3
                          Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Face cut into pieces? Abadaan.

Talking mainly about semi permanent treatments etc.
                            Wait... what kind of 'cosmetic surgery' are we talking about here?

I was thinking of rhinoplasty, lip fillers, etc etc.

Comment

Wait... what kind of 'cosmetic surgery' are we talking about here?

I was thinking of rhinoplasty, lip fillers, etc etc.
                              Fillers are cosmetic surgeries but are also semi permanent. I have a serious issue with fashion/beauty/makeup. Currently in the process of changing my mindset so I can accept who I am. I want to be able to become so secure in myself I don't want these things, but damn it is so hard. Also because we live in a time where we can change whatever we want, for whatever reason... Anything is pretty much possible. If I had $$$ I would get a lot changed.
                              Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

iKnowWhatiWant

Comment

Working...
                              X