Reluctant to make specific dua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reluctant to make specific dua

Lately I often find myself reluctant to make specific dua to Allah. Often times I want something specific, I really want something, a help in specific part of life but as I raise my hand to make dua to Allah, a voice in back of my mind reminds me of the saying "But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.". That voice ask me "how do you know what you are asking for is the best path, maybe the alternative (you not getting what you want) is the best path, and Allah knows best". This self doubt leaves me puzzled and often times I end up cutting my dua short and saying "Allah whatever is best let that happen". But after ward I feel bit cheated, like I had this opportunity to request something from Allah and I didn't, I didn't even make an effort.

anyone else fight with this thought process? What do you say to yourself to mange this constant self doubt when it comes to making dua for specific request.

Re: Reluctant to make specific dua

Why don't you make the specific dua with a condition
    Ask for whatever that thing is but then say something like but if this thing is not good for my dunya or my aakhirah and in my deen then grant me what is better than it

:salams
    Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

This is where a lot of people get confused, rather you should be specific, Allah is al Mujeeb, do you think He cannot bless us with what we are asking AND place khayr in it for us? We have not understood the might and power and mercy or Allah.

When making duaa you should ask Allah for whatever you desire as long as it is halal and attach it back to worship, there are evidences in Quran and hadeeth of the prophets making duaa to Allah and being very specific, Zakariyyah (as) despite his age and his wife being barren STILL made duaa for a child, and Allah accepted it.

Yes it is true that if it isn't destined for us it can never reach us, but surely your act of raising hands and asking is enough proof that Allah wants to answer your duaa, otherwise such a thought would never have crossed your mind.

Another thing we should actively do is begin to prepare for the acceptance of your duaa, e.g. If a person wants a child, start planning and working towards that, and even if it wasn't destined.. which I can't fathom because every single duaa I have made sincerely has been granted whether sooner or later (or I have been substituted for better) then you do not lose out, because one of three things surely happen when a person makes duaa.

The key is to be sincere and persistent and BELIEVE with all your heart.

I do not like the idea Muslims have that they make duaa half heartedly, O Allah if you want then grant me this and that. You are communicating with Allah, the al Qadir, al Jalee, give Allah His due right when making duaa and believe that your affair is in the Hands of al Rahman.
      Last edited by Hamnah; 28-07-17, 01:59 PM.
      اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
        This is where a lot of people get confused, rather you should be specific, Allah is al Mujeeb, do you think He cannot bless us with what we are asking AND place khayr in it for us? We have not understood the might and power and mercy or Allah.

When making duaa you should ask Allah for whatever you desire as long as it is halal and attach it back to worship, there are evidences in Quran and hadeeth of the prophets making duaa to Allah and being very specific, Zakariyyah (as) despite his age and his wife being barren STILL made duaa for a child, and Allah accepted it.

Yes it is true that if it isn't destined for us it can never reach us, but surely your act of raising hands and asking is enough proof that Allah wants to answer your duaa, otherwise such a thought would never have crossed your mind.

Another thing we should actively do is begin to prepare for the acceptance of your duaa, e.g. If a person wants a child, start planning and working towards that, and even if it wasn't destined.. which I can't fathom because every single duaa I have made sincerely has been granted whether sooner or later (or I have been substituted for better) then you do not lose out, because one of three things surely happen when a person makes duaa.

The key is to be sincere and persistent and BELIEVE with all your heart.

I do not like the idea Muslims have that they make duaa half heartedly, O Allah if you want then grant me this and that. You are communicating with Allah, the al Qadir, al Jalee, give Allah His due right when making duaa and believe that your affair is in the Hands of al Rahman.
        JZK sister very well written. It is true there are many examples in hadith and Quran of prophets asking for specific dua from Allah. But the bold bit is the hard part when one is inflicted with self doubt. When one questions if this the best route for me, then one stops BELIEVING with all his/her heart that this is what she really wants and sincerity drops at that point. We do end up taking a passive path overall.

I just can't shake this doubt off of "is this the best path for me'.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X