Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friendship

Salam aleykum,
    what is wrong with me? Or is the society wrong? When i go to the mosque, we say salam aleykum, how are you, and most of the time thats it. I want to find muslim friends, but still no success. Everyone in the mosque is turkish, they speak turkish most of the time, but i dont understand a word of it. Maybe i should start learning turkish? Maybe they dont think im really muslim, or just dont like me, even though we pray together. I have a lot to say and nobody to say it to. How do you form friendship with other muslims?

Re: friendship

Wa alaikum salam

Say it all here.

If you are in the masjid and pray with them it is obvious that you are muslim, and yes its good to learn the language, maybe they couldnt communicate with you.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Where this happens?

Comment

Salaam brother, apologies for what you are experiencing but I feel it's a common thing entering a new environment. I'm assuming you to be a new convert so pls correct me if I'm wrong. Do what you feel you need to get closer to them but I don't think you need to learn another language. Keep trying I'm sure you will click with other members of that group eventually. Maybe start attending hosted sporting events the masjid is offering and things like that. It sounds like you wish to express yourself and discuss matters and this is the right place to do that. May allah make it easier on you brother inshallah hope to read more from you in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by dan40123 View Post
          Salam aleykum,
          what is wrong with me? Or is the society wrong? When i go to the mosque, we say salam aleykum, how are you, and most of the time thats it. I want to find muslim friends, but still no success. Everyone in the mosque is turkish, they speak turkish most of the time, but i dont understand a word of it. Maybe i should start learning turkish? Maybe they dont think im really muslim, or just dont like me, even though we pray together. I have a lot to say and nobody to say it to. How do you form friendship with other muslims?
          Salam,

Are you a convert? And in whitch country is this? Try if possible another less homogeneous mosque where there are people from different backgrounds.
          If this isn't possible, just communicate in english and try to make small talk, after a while you can ask them to meet you outside the mosque.

Comment

Salam,
            i got to jummah yesterday , i met an old friend and spoke a little. This takes place in Bulgaria, east Europe. Its nice to have a conversation with another muslim. Alhamdulillah its been almost 3 years since i converted. the mosque is on the opposite side of the town where i live, at least we have one. Its been there since the ottoman empire its quite big. In some places in Bulgaria the khutbah is given in bulgarian, but here its in turkish and i dont understand turkish. I have thought to ask about that, but also i think some of the people here dont understand bulgarian good. Some of them are really struggling when trying to speak in bulgarian. Also is this true that the attitude toward born muslims and converts is different? Also my sister is not speaking to me , she doesnt really know what islam is. Once a long time ago she told me she too believed in God but that was the end of the convesation. My parents are in the same position, but at least they are speaking to me. Stupid media talks about islam only when there is something bad happening. Maybe they are doing it on purpose, to scare people. I have been on several jobs, and there is no one praying there. Once or twice i asked about that my boss and he told me something like "Go away" or "Dont care about that", and i quit the job. I have quit several jobs because of this.

Comment

may allah make you stread fast in the deen give you hasanat in this dunya and hereafter.
              رَّبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ1

Comment

walaykum salam Dan,

Sadly this is a common problem for the Ummah in many parts of the world. I know several Muslims in Britain who have experienced the same thing. Masjids can really vary from place to place. Some places are very welcoming of converts and new people from diverse backgrounds, some places are more cliquey. It's possible that the people there don't talk much to you because there's a language barrier, or maybe they are just oblivious to the fact that it would be a nice idea to introduce themselves and start a conversation.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

AW: friendship

Originally posted by dan40123 View Post
                  Salam aleykum,
                  Hey Bulgarian brother.Thats so awesome that I see a bulgarian here. I am a convert too and I understand what you feel in those masjids full of turks,we have them here too,they dont talk to anybody lol
                  If you want someone to talk to,I dont have muslim friends just like you so you can always send me a PM.We are neighbors after all.I live very close to Bulgaria :)
                  first its angels,then mankind,then jinn,then gog-magog,then shaytan,the its me,the worst of creation

Comment

Working...
                  X