Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wife doesn't always eat halal. Wut do?

Originally posted by Rhed View Post
    So I told her to only eat what's halal. But she just tells me she picks and chooses...whatever dat means. She eats outside meat from like fast food places and such. I understand there's some school of thought that allows u or something.

Idk...wut do I do?
    Yuk. That's disgusting. Dunno what to advise you. Explain to her that it's not allowed
    82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Re: Wife wants to eat noodle that has beef broth in it. Told her she shouldn't. She w

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
      Doesnt saying Bismillah before eating make the food halal?
      Im not sure
      Its best to ask a scholar
      All i remember is that if ahlil kitab slaughtered it then say the basmallah and u can eat it
      But are they even slaughtering it under religion nowadays

Comment

Re: Wife wants to eat noodle that has beef broth in it. Told her she shouldn't. She w

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        Im not sure
        Its best to ask a scholar
        All i remember is that if ahlil kitab slaughtered it then say the basmallah and u can eat it
        But are they even slaughtering it under religion nowadays

#makebigmacshalal
        There is rest only in the aakhira.
        Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
        and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
        then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
        That's right, a nude dog.
        The Deepweb is disgusting.
        - Unknown -

Links
        The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
        Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Salaam everyone. I’m new to this site and found this thread but not sure to start another for my own issue as it’s similar to the OP of this thread. I met a Muslim man recently for marriage but now since talking I found out that he just enters KFC and other places and eats the chicken, which in America is not certified halal. I did say to him that it’s not on and I wouldn’t want to marry someone who does this as I feel how would I raise my kids if he cuts corners in religion. Now he said since he was talking to me he hasn’t had it as he saw I was a practicing lady but just recently when he was going on vacation then he ate mcdonalds at the airport so am I right in just ending things here and not tolerating such behaviour? Part of me says I seem to have dodged a bullet by saying we are not compatible but another part says that maybe if I had gave him a chance he would have maybe changed. Any ideas everyone please

Comment

Originally posted by Laraib_7866 View Post
            Salaam everyone. I’m new to this site and found this thread but not sure to start another for my own issue as it’s similar to the OP of this thread. I met a Muslim man recently for marriage but now since talking I found out that he just enters KFC and other places and eats the chicken, which in America is not certified halal. I did say to him that it’s not on and I wouldn’t want to marry someone who does this as I feel how would I raise my kids if he cuts corners in religion. Now he said since he was talking to me he hasn’t had it as he saw I was a practicing lady but just recently when he was going on vacation then he ate mcdonalds at the airport so am I right in just ending things here and not tolerating such behaviour? Part of me says I seem to have dodged a bullet by saying we are not compatible but another part says that maybe if I had gave him a chance he would have maybe changed. Any ideas everyone please
            Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

While personally I dont agree with the particular ruling there is a valid difference of opinion regarding wether meat in the west qualified as the meat of ahlul kitab

As for breaking things off I really don't know what to advise so I'll refrain from posting my opinion
            "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              ...there is a valid difference of opinion regarding wether meat in the west qualified as the meat of ahlul kitab...
              I'm not sure it is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

While personally I dont agree with the particular ruling there is a valid difference of opinion regarding wether meat in the west qualified as the meat of ahlul kitab

As for breaking things off I really don't know what to advise so I'll refrain from posting my opinion
                Could you post what you think because I’m unsure and came here for advise please.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  I really dont have the knowledge to comment but there are some senior ulema upon the sunnah who have issued this ruling

Personally I disagree and don't eat the meat but this issue is not so black and white
                  "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

So do you think I did the right thing breaking things off?

Comment

Could you post what you think because I’m unsure and came here for advise please.
                      I would advise looking into other areas of his deen to see if hes deficient

Comment

I wasnt really clear in what I meant

I wasn't trying to say the opinion is correct but that this difference of opinion we should have respect towards those who have made their ijtihad

Comment

​​​​​Do you have any male family members? Such as a father, brother, or any other guardian?

Men can take advantage of women, whatever your job, qualification, status, etc.

He is a grown man. Eating Haram is a big deal. The vegan trend is in full swing so he could easily opt for a halal option if he is dying from starvation. There are halal alternatives available.

A husband is supposed to be a guardian. We should look upto them, then our children will look upto them with respect too.

How many times will you babysit him with Haram and halal. How long will he tolerate your warnings (it will be whinings for him) until he just dumps you.

He meets you and suddenly he is enlightened. I wouldn't take his words so seriously, especially men that talk to women alone for marriage and don't even question if she has a wali or not.
                          ​​
                          These religious practises are a basic, especially for born Muslims and those that are serious about marriage. We are not talking about wanting an Alim or Mufti. All types of Muslims know about Haram meat and halal. Whether they take it seriously is another matter.

He needs to be upfront, if he doesn't care then that's fine because it will save you both from wasting time. There are muslim women who don't care about halal Haram so he can get married to them.

If he does care, you will need to be very careful because how do you know he is committed.

He shouldn't be doing it for a practicing lady. He should be doing it because he cares about his religion.

That's what serious people find attractive.

If you have a wali, please for the sake of not being taken for a ride, involve him. Our walis are there for a reason and we need use them and remind them about their job.

I'm guessing you most likely don't have a wali, then you will have to tell this person that this is a big concern for you and tell him you need time to make a decision.

If he starts messaging with dumb love jargon, I would be weary. In the meantime, you should pray isthikarah.
                          See how he behaves.

Also, don't be so vulnerable and needy because that is what some men love to manipulate and make you feel guilty.

I don't know this man, but we all know a good man, who is looking into marriage will be serious about eating Haram.

Last edited by Ya'sin; 08-02-20, 05:26 PM.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Chuck it in the bin

She can make in beef broth

Throw in a couple of bones in a saucepan, add some spices, let it boil and voila

:zzz:

Halal and wholesome
                            ^ me

2017 :crying2: :nonono:
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Hey
                              you should have checked this things before marriage, seriously!
                              but now you should convince her your way

Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

Comment

So do you think I did the right thing breaking things off?
                                I really sense a manipulator. I would say look for someone else. Don't let your emotions get the better of you, think with your mind and not your heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X