Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insomnia

Ibn Masud said: "Falling asleep when remembering Allah is from Shaytan, if you want you can test this: when you lie down and want to fall asleep, try remembering Allah." (Bukhari)
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Wa3laikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatu sister,

I've had insomnia after undergrad. The way I got over it might not work for u but why not give it a try.

1) Meditation. Yes this actually work, no not the Astral projection crap but just meditating and focusing on your breath and nothing else.
      2) Increasing the level of happiness in your life and reducing stress+depression. It is no wonder that anti depressants are sometimes used as insomnia meds.
      3) Avoid siestas and infact any naps all day.
      4) Reduce the amount of light from pc/tablet/phone you are exposed to in the nighttime. I've solid references from scientific publications that proves blue light emitted from all screens increases alertness and reduces sleep. You can use a filter easily available from app store to turn your screen reddish.
      5) Finish Esha salaah immediately after the adhan goes off (5 minutes after adhan according to Sunnah) coz a salaah with good khushu often leaves one with more alertness (does for me lol, kinda like coffee). Plus one is not supposed to pray while in a state of hunger or sleepiness if it can be avoided.

Ok cant remember anymore right now, will add more if I can recall them.

Wish you the best!

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
      Assalamu alaykum

I have Insomnia, can someone give me some tips or some duas that I can pray that will help me? I'm feeling uneasy about something subhanallah & due to this I'm having trouble sleeping. I know it doesn't help, but I usually like to wind down before bed time with a cuppa tea.

Im a wreck by morning & need to be up early so I'm functioning on very little sleep. If anyone has any tips of what I can pray/drink/do etc to allow me to sleep, I would be most grateful
      Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
      Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
      That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Works for me, still stuck in ayah 5 of Surah Munafiqun (for 5 days lol). Not a native speaker of Arabic tho and its even more effective for me I we have to learn the vocabulary as well.

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        Do some hifz before you sleep
        Hifz takes alot of mental energy and is tiring well in my case I find it like that
        Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
        That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
          Wa3laikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatu sister,

I've had insomnia after undergrad. The way I got over it might not work for u but why not give it a try.

1) Meditation. Yes this actually work, no not the Astral projection crap but just meditating and focusing on your breath and nothing else.
          2) Increasing the level of happiness in your life and reducing stress+depression. It is no wonder that anti depressants are sometimes used as insomnia meds.
          3) Avoid siestas and infact any naps all day.
          4) Reduce the amount of light from pc/tablet/phone you are exposed to in the nighttime. I've solid references from scientific publications that proves blue light emitted from all screens increases alertness and reduces sleep. You can use a filter easily available from app store to turn your screen reddish.
          5) Finish Esha salaah immediately after the adhan goes off (5 minutes after adhan according to Sunnah) coz a salaah with good khushu often leaves one with more alertness (does for me lol, kinda like coffee). Plus one is not supposed to pray while in a state of hunger or sleepiness if it can be avoided.

Ok cant remember anymore right now, will add more if I can recall them.

Wish you the best!
          :jkk: some great tips

What I've found really helpful is to listen to Surah baqarah with headphones on from a recitor with a soothing voice. I'd like to think I'm cured from my insomnia now, Wa lilahil hamd

Comment

BarikAllahu feek. I'm glad to hear you have been cured. Btw this is just a side note but I recently found out from Ibn Kathir's tafsir that whoever recites Surah Bakarah and Imran every day its either very difficult for satan to enter their house or almost impossible. Wish I could listen to it on headphone but I don't understand Arabic fully (yet, soon InshaAllah!) but if you are in the habit of finding audio recitation of Qur'an soothing may I recommend the following to you:
            Yasin, At-Rahman and Wakia (Sheikh Mishary)
            Wakia by this blind Qari from Palestine (MashaAllah!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKI...9TqX60&index=3
            Alaa and Qadr by Imam Muda Mujahideen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hfv...9TqX60&index=4
            Qalaam- Fatih Seferragic.

Wish there was an easier way to find great Qari, almost everything on the internet belongs to the mainstream ones like Sheikh Mishary.

:jkk: some great tips

What I've found really helpful is to listen to Surah baqarah with headphones on from a recitor with a soothing voice. I'd like to think I'm cured from my insomnia now, Wa lilahil hamd

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
              BarikAllahu feek. I'm glad to hear you have been cured. Btw this is just a side note but I recently found out from Ibn Kathir's tafsir that whoever recites Surah Bakarah and Imran every day its either very difficult for satan to enter their house or almost impossible. Wish I could listen to it on headphone but I don't understand Arabic fully (yet, soon InshaAllah!) but if you are in the habit of finding audio recitation of Qur'an soothing may I recommend the following to you:
              Yasin, At-Rahman and Wakia (Sheikh Mishary)
              Wakia by this blind Qari from Palestine (MashaAllah!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKI...9TqX60&index=3
              Alaa and Qadr by Imam Muda Mujahideen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hfv...9TqX60&index=4
              Qalaam- Fatih Seferragic.

Wish there was an easier way to find great Qari, almost everything on the internet belongs to the mainstream ones like Sheikh Mishary.
              :jkk:

at the moment I am really enjoying listening to Khaled al habashi, his recitations are readily available on YouTube. Another favourite is Khaled al jaleeel. I will check out your recommendations tonight Insha Allah.

Yes, subhanallah, the power of al baqarah is amazing

Check out mansour al salimis recitation, it's beautiful masha Allah

Comment

JazakAllah khair for the recommendation. Yea I practically live off Quranic audio all day so these will come much handy indeed!. Thnks again.

:jkk:

at the moment I am really enjoying listening to Khaled al habashi, his recitations are readily available on YouTube. Another favourite is Khaled al jaleeel. I will check out your recommendations tonight Insha Allah.

Yes, subhanallah, the power of al baqarah is amazing

Check out mansour al salimis recitation, it's beautiful masha Allah

Comment

why i could not post here [MENTION=1038]sarah[/MENTION]
                  Originally posted by ;7451090
                  Try exercising 3 hours before going to sleep ( or any time throughout the day but NOT prior to sleeping because it induces adrenaline as well as other stress responses in the body that prevent sleeping ). This way your body will ache for sleep.

Worst case scenario try melatonin supplementation. They're much less drastic than sleeping pills and your body naturally makes them. However I wouldn't depend on them for the rest of my life, I'd just take them to reschedule my sleeping.

And you will not sleep if you drink tea before bed it's full of caffeine ( in my body, tea wakes me up much more than coffee for some odd reason) so if you must, buy decaf tea and drink that instead. I also hear milk naturally makes us sleepy so warm up some milk before bed. Also cherries naturally induce sleep as well.

I'm sure you can look up many ways to naturally induce sleep but from personal experience, the more tired I get through the day, the easier I sleep so try to keep busy in the day time (exercise as well for only about 10 - 20 minutes of HIIT or cardio workouts on YouTube).
                  And of course you must get off your phone. It may seem silly but sometimes I just put on YouTube just to listen to people talking to help me sleep, maybe this will help or maybe something like ocean sounds or birds chirping help.

May Allah ta'ala help you sleep.
                  [MENTION=137526]Layla_[/MENTION]

:salams Ukthi

I also loose my sleep when i take tea (usual indian tea +milk) before sleep.

try Warm milk before sleep and after wudu (before sleep) keep reading Shahadha untill you sleep. Problems pray to Allah with 2 rakat salathul hajath and read '' hasbunallaha waniyamal wakeel (understanding its meaning)

Believe Allah is enough for his Slaves
                  My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

[MENTION=140263]Sarah5[/MENTION]

Sister when I quote your name in the above post its says this Below ( i call it a Shaitan Captcha )

Sorry, you have been blocked
                    You are unable to access ummah.com

http://www.ummah.com/forum/editpost....postid=7491007
                    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                      [MENTION=140263]Sarah5[/MENTION]

Sister when I quote your name in the above post its says this Below ( i call it a Shaitan Captcha )

Sorry, you have been blocked
                      You are unable to access ummah.com

http://www.ummah.com/forum/editpost....postid=7491007
                      I apologize, I have no idea why. I haven't blocked you. How strange.

Comment

Working...
                      X