Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia

Assalamu alaykum

I have Insomnia, can someone give me some tips or some duas that I can pray that will help me? I'm feeling uneasy about something subhanallah & due to this I'm having trouble sleeping. I know it doesn't help, but I usually like to wind down before bed time with a cuppa tea.

Im a wreck by morning & need to be up early so I'm functioning on very little sleep. If anyone has any tips of what I can pray/drink/do etc to allow me to sleep, I would be most grateful
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Re: Insomnia

:salams

Try chamomile tea
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Jazakallah khayr

I've tried that but just didn't get on with the taste. I forgot I had it actually, Insha Allah I will try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
        Jazakallah khayr

I've tried that but just didn't get on with the taste. I forgot I had it actually, Insha Allah I will try it again.
        Try it with honey and milk
        It's quite nice that way
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
        ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          Try it with honey and milk
          It's quite nice that way
          Sounds good, I've got some nice raw Turkish honey so Insha Allah will add that and some milk tonight and try. Jazakallah khayr for the suggestion

Comment

The chamomile tea worked a treat Wa lilahil hamd. Jazakallah khayr.

Comment

[MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION]
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

I have Insomnia, can someone give me some tips or some duas that I can pray that will help me? I'm feeling uneasy about something subhanallah & due to this I'm having trouble sleeping. I know it doesn't help, but I usually like to wind down before bed time with a cuppa tea.

Im a wreck by morning & need to be up early so I'm functioning on very little sleep. If anyone has any tips of what I can pray/drink/do etc to allow me to sleep, I would be most grateful
                I used to have some level of insomnia and this really helped

Go for a 5-10 walk outside before you sleep if your area's safe. The cool breeze is good for your brain.

Be really active in the mornings and don't sit down much.

Also, make sure where your sleeping is very clean (no artificial light tv phones etc also for atleast half an hour before you sleep.

Lastly build a habit on getting into bed at an exacttime and stay there till you fall asleep and when you try and sleep just keep reciting istighfar and adhkar before you sleep and u'd see its as if the shaytaan would try and make you fall asleep lol but it works or maybe Allah just gives yoi what you wish for because of the good deeds.
                Also keep your eyes open until you cant anymore and they shut themselves.
                It all starts with a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
                  I used to have some level of insomnia and this really helped

Go for a 5-10 walk outside before you sleep if your area's safe. The cool breeze is good for your brain.

Be really active in the mornings and don't sit down much.

Also, make sure where your sleeping is very clean (no artificial light tv phones etc also for atleast half an hour before you sleep.

Lastly build a habit on getting into bed at an exacttime and stay there till you fall asleep and when you try and sleep just keep reciting istighfar and adhkar before you sleep and u'd see its as if the shaytaan would try and make you fall asleep lol but it works or maybe Allah just gives yoi what you wish for because of the good deeds.
                  Also keep your eyes open until you cant anymore and they shut themselves.
                  Jazakallah khayr for the tips. There's no way I can go outside though before I sleep, I live in a very quiet area. I can walk around in my garden but im scared of being outside after Maghrib!

I think one of my main issues is that I am usually on my phone browsing the net before I sleep. I really need to work on this

Lol at third tip, so true! The other night when I couldn't sleep I prayed the night prayer and was making dua making the most of the last third of the night and all of a sudden I was so sleepy. Defo shaytaan audhoo billahi minash shaytaan ir Rajeem
                  Last edited by Layla_; 26-07-17, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                    [MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION]
                    Well I don't suffer from it anymore Alhamdulillah except for occasionally being unable to sleep and that is due to lack of a timetable e.g. during holidays etc.. My advice is to get into a routine whereby you wake up early (and will therefore feel sleepy enough to sleep early) and for that you need something to do during the day for example work or study.

May Allah help OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                      Well I don't suffer from it anymore Alhamdulillah except for occasionally being unable to sleep and that is due to lack of a timetable e.g. during holidays etc.. My advice is to get into a routine whereby you wake up early (and will therefore feel sleepy enough to sleep early) and for that you need something to do during the day for example work or study.

May Allah help OP.
                      I have no choice but to wake early. Sometimes im so tired all day but as soon as its time to sleep, I'm literally wide awake. The chamomile tea worked yesterday so Insha Allah I shall continue with that

Comment

2:18 am

:(

Never mind, Insha Allah there is khayr in this

Comment

2:18 am

:(

Never mind, Insha Allah there is khayr in this
                          Try exercising 3 hours before going to sleep ( or any time throughout the day but NOT prior to sleeping because it induces adrenaline as well as other stress responses in the body that prevent sleeping ). This way your body will ache for sleep.

Worst case scenario try melatonin supplementation. They're much less drastic than sleeping pills and your body naturally makes them. However I wouldn't depend on them for the rest of my life, I'd just take them to reschedule my sleeping.

And you will not sleep if you drink tea before bed it's full of caffeine ( in my body, tea wakes me up much more than coffee for some odd reason) so if you must, buy decaf tea and drink that instead. I also hear milk naturally makes us sleepy so warm up some milk before bed. Also cherries naturally induce sleep as well.

I'm sure you can look up many ways to naturally induce sleep but from personal experience, the more tired I get through the day, the easier I sleep so try to keep busy in the day time (exercise as well for only about 10 - 20 minutes of HIIT or cardio workouts on YouTube).
                          And of course you must get off your phone. It may seem silly but sometimes I just put on YouTube just to listen to people talking to help me sleep, maybe this will help or maybe something like ocean sounds or birds chirping help.

May Allah ta'ala help you sleep.

Comment

Do some hifz before you sleep
                            Hifz takes alot of mental energy and is tiring well in my case I find it like that

Comment

:jkk: great tips! I particularly like the YouTube one!

Hifdh before sleeping is also a great idea. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                              X