X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shay5
    replied
    Re: Ahhhh Yawns...

Concerning the meaning of that, it was said that the Shaytaan likes to see a person yawning because it makes him look different and so he laughs at him. It does not mean that the Shaytaan is the one who makes him yawn. And it was said that yawning is attributed to the Shaytaan because yawning comes from fullness of the stomach, which generates laziness, which happens under the influence of the Shaytaan.

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

("Yawning is attributed to the Shaytaan because it promotes whims and desires, because it stems from heaviness of the body, excessive relaxation and fullness of the stomach. So what is meant is a warning against the thing that leads to that, which is eating too much. ")

Al-Manaawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

("It is attributed to him because he is the one who calls for giving the self its share of desires. What is meant here is to warn against the things that lead to that, which is eating too much and eating one's fill, which makes the body feel too heavy and tired to do acts of worship.")

The Prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."
    Yawning indicates laziness at times and of course people will yawn when tired but it is also associated with laziness and time wasting which is Haram and means you aren't active while you could be doing acts of Ibadah.
    Last edited by shay5; 11-06-17, 02:37 AM. Reason: Taken from posts by : Tayoofa and Abu Jarir

Leave a comment:

• rafhelp
    started a topic Ahhhh Yawns...

Ahhhh Yawns...

What is the concerns of yawning as related by muslim?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sbadiglio-1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	10789530

I have read when one feels like yawning one shoudl try nd suppress it as much as he can (Hadith)

I have read when you do yawn you should recite Aaozo Billah Himinesh Shaytaan nir Rajeem

So does shaytaan cause you to yawn.

People say that you yawn when you are tired, however many people go to sleep without yawning, but to sleep you must be tired, so being tired cant be the sole or most important cause.

What exactly is a yawn and what does it signify? Why is important to cover your mouth when you yawn. What comes out of the mouth when you yawn, is it just stale air or trapped air?

So when you feel like yawning, you should try and avoid it and recite the dua above, is that correct?

I have yawned few times in the past and its like my jaw opens wide and then i almost get a cramp and pain in my jaw, is this normal.

I sat next to someone, they looked at me and then yawned, why is this?

oh....and please dont yawn after reading this!
Working...
X