Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you go to make Hijrah

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where would you go to make Hijrah

    Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

    As a European I am wondering where one would go to make Hijrah. Which countries/cities are suitable?
    Perhaps there are people here able to share their experience on making Hijrah, especially issues such as acquiring permanent residency.

    JazakAllah khairan

  • #2
    Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

    Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatu

    I think it may be a case of where you are suitable for. In the most part you cannot rock up in a country for longer than a visit unless you have study plans or work plans. In that case what are your qualifications, how do you plan to make a living and what standard of living can you go down to? I think many of us feel that 'hijrah' is going to be some kind of panacea and we will be welcomed with open arms, but often that is not the case. I have lived in two Muslim countries and I suppose you can say I was both shocked and disappointed and it wasn't what I expected in terms of an increase in iman. It made me realize how important that academic qualifications are. In the West you can have a minimum wage job and be topped up by tax credits etc but that is not the case in most of the Muslim countries, so you need to go with either an in demand job or business idea.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

      Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
      Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatu

      I think it may be a case of where you are suitable for. In the most part you cannot rock up in a country for longer than a visit unless you have study plans or work plans. In that case what are your qualifications, how do you plan to make a living and what standard of living can you go down to? I think many of us feel that 'hijrah' is going to be some kind of panacea and we will be welcomed with open arms, but often that is not the case. I have lived in two Muslim countries and I suppose you can say I was both shocked and disappointed and it wasn't what I expected in terms of an increase in iman. It made me realize how important that academic qualifications are. In the West you can have a minimum wage job and be topped up by tax credits etc but that is not the case in most of the Muslim countries, so you need to go with either an in demand job or business idea.
      can you share your exp sis?
      i personally don't feel right staying in england and plan on moving, by profession is that im an IT engineer and work here with a v-good salary but i don't mind giving big pay etc if it means ill be in a better place i guess.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

        Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
        Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatu

        I think it may be a case of where you are suitable for. In the most part you cannot rock up in a country for longer than a visit unless you have study plans or work plans. In that case what are your qualifications, how do you plan to make a living and what standard of living can you go down to? I think many of us feel that 'hijrah' is going to be some kind of panacea and we will be welcomed with open arms, but often that is not the case. I have lived in two Muslim countries and I suppose you can say I was both shocked and disappointed and it wasn't what I expected in terms of an increase in iman. It made me realize how important that academic qualifications are. In the West you can have a minimum wage job and be topped up by tax credits etc but that is not the case in most of the Muslim countries, so you need to go with either an in demand job or business idea.
        Jazakillahkhair ukhti. I am still in uni at the moment. Once I graduate insha'Allah I'll be an engineer though I'm not quite sure how in demand those are elsewhere.
        Could you perhaps share more of your experience with us?

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

            Put your trust in Allah SWT and don't leave the Muslim country you decide to migrate to at the first sign of difficulty.

            I hear so many stories of Muslims leaving Muslim Countries a month or few after realizing that finding a Job that pay as well as their Western Job is difficult.

            Think about it bro, we have very poor Muslim communities in the West and many of us live with social welfare but stay patient but we can't do the same thing in a Muslim land.

            Istagfurllah.

            If you're working now, see if you can save enough money to run an online business that can net you 1500 a month to keep you aflot in your new Muslim Country.
            Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

            If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

              Make hijra to a place that implements sharia and is guarded by muslims and muslims only

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                Make hijra to a place that implements sharia and is guarded by muslims and muslims only
                Salaam Alaykom Akhi.

                Majority of the scholars believe that it's more about the people that reside in that country rather than the law in that country. To my knowledge, no government today implement a full sharia.

                To be able to practice deen openly, wear hijab, salat, zakat, sawm etc. That's the legitimate criteria according to the ulema.
                Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

                If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                  Originally posted by Blossomm View Post
                  Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

                  As a European I am wondering where one would go to make Hijrah. Which countries/cities are suitable?
                  Perhaps there are people here able to share their experience on making Hijrah, especially issues such as acquiring permanent residency.

                  JazakAllah khairan
                  Walaikum asalam

                  UAE, Saudi and Gulf countries are the usual options for non-arabs as language is not a huge barrier for english speakers.

                  I'm not sure about residency but I think you'll have to accept living in these countries as an outsider. I know of people who have lived there for decades and still dont own their own properties.

                  Like Umm Fatima said, depends a lot on your qualifications and what standard of living you're expecting.

                  The other thing is how 'islamic' you want the city to be, the more islamic cities will be a bit more boring for us in terms of less of the tourist attractions and entertainment we're used to in europe but also less fitna. And you might find yourself a bit isolated if you're looking to socialise with expats from back home.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                    Thats quite low I thought the Jordan economy was more developed than that. My mum was offered a job once at princess noura uni, without Celta, 2k per month with usual benefits. But those were the good old days.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                      Jordan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                        Anywhere outside of this house atm
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                        O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                        Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                          Originally posted by Strivingbro View Post
                          Thats quite low I thought the Jordan economy was more developed than that. My mum was offered a job once at princess noura uni, without Celta, 2k per month with usual benefits. But those were the good old days.
                          That salary was very high for me as I didn't have a degree at the time. That is probably the maximum that a qualified Jordanian would get. Generally speaking public sector salaries are not great, considering that Jordan is an expensive place to live and the economy has fallen in recent years. I assume that your mum got offered that job as an external candidate? That makes a big difference. A teaching job in a university will have a better job than a school but they will be looking for much higher qualifications (Phd now, whereas Masters before) The locals however get understandably miffed when Brits/Americans get higher salaries than them whilst being less qualified. Schools that claim to be 'British' or 'American' and teach in english medium maybe only have one or two native speakers in the whole school, so they are willing to pay over the odds for a native speaker. I was offered jobs when I went to schools to enquire if they had places for my own children.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                            Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                            Put your trust in Allah SWT and don't leave the Muslim country you decide to migrate to at the first sign of difficulty.

                            I hear so many stories of Muslims leaving Muslim Countries a month or few after realizing that finding a Job that pay as well as their Western Job is difficult.

                            Think about it bro, we have very poor Muslim communities in the West and many of us live with social welfare but stay patient but we can't do the same thing in a Muslim land.

                            Istagfurllah.

                            If you're working now, see if you can save enough money to run an online business that can net you 1500 a month to keep you aflot in your new Muslim Country.
                            Brother, people on welfare remain patient because they have been handed money to eat and their rent gets paid. This does not exist in most Muslim lands (well I don't know any where it exists) so if you don't have a job=you don't have money=either you start begging on the streets or you leave. I used to think that you should just trust in Allah swt and turn up in a country and see what happens, but now after living the reality of it I see that the wise person ties his camel (ie gets relevant qualifications, researches job opportunities etc) and puts his trust in Allah swt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Where would you go to make Hijrah

                              But most people will usually live in a country that is catered for them one of the factors is law.
                              As u can see the difference between england/usa and saudi arabia/ japan
                              One has high crime rates the other doesnt. The law thats governs a city is one of the most important factors when making hijra.
                              To practise your deen openly i think theres more then what you said. Yes for example in england a women can wear niqab but she gets harrassed and spat on
                              to practise your deen openly means you have safety and everyday thats decreasing not only in the west but even in middle eastern countries. In egypt how many people were killed coz they wanted sharia
                              And there are places where sharia is fully inplemented but people believe lies of the taghut media and dont look into Islam fully so they think its not worthy of hijra to these places

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X