No announcement yet.

So how can I train myself to eat less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So how can I train myself to eat less?

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
    Interesting question, and I have no idea. Having said that, this makes a lot of sense.
    Thank you for that answer.

And thanks for the link as well. I think its an undisputed fact in health talk that the first thing early morning cup of hot water usually with lemon, honey, ginger etc, is very good for health and weightloss, but for normal drinking, hmm, I would think it would be room temperature and not hot.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
      Thank you for that answer.

And thanks for the link as well. I think its an undisputed fact in health talk that the first thing early morning cup of hot water usually with lemon, honey, ginger etc, is very good for health and weightloss, but for normal drinking, hmm, I would think it would be room temperature and not hot.
      I'll have to give that a try, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rea1234 View Post
        Ramadan is coming up and one of the things that I am nervous for is overeating during iftar. Im going to try to in shaa Allah fit in 3 liters of water a day because that would help me eat less. Also, maybe trying to eat healthier food so that way I can have more energy and be full during my fast.
        the way i told my cousin to do it by eating more green stuff tbh. for every bite on a samosa or whatever it might be take 2 big bites out of an apple or eat half a banana, basically for every morsel or food have 2 bites from a fruit and make it 4x the quantity, itll fill you up quick.

Comment

Salam,

Nice post to read, very interesting, it makes sense how to do it.. [MENTION=144004]Thestarsareshining[/MENTION].

Thanks, [MENTION=135002]Rea1234[/MENTION], yes I guess so, so are you drinking 2 or 3 litres atm?
          As-Salaam-Alaikum Sister Sky Lark
          Sometimes we know what we should be doing, but then when you see the mouth watering food you get carried away and forget what you mentally told yourself and that was not to overeat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
            I've found the best way to train yourself to eat less takes time. You usually have to eat a little less every week, decreasing your food intake a little every week that follows. After a month, you will notice that you get fuller with less food because your stomach has reduced in size internally.
            Brother, I agree with you 100% on this. It took me 2 months to cut down on how much I ate (I love food) and the portion size. For a food lover it's a nightmare, but the health benefits outweigh that. I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              Yeah the dinner table at iftar has more variety than dinner at other times of the year. I don't think it's supposed to be this way.
              For sure, and no it shouldn’t be that way at all. Mom is out of the country and for the first time we are having less fried food Alhamdulillah. Eating a lot more healthier now than ever before.

Comment

Try these tips:

1. drink a glass of water (with Lemon if you can) before starting each meal.

2. Make sure half of your plate is salad, 1/4 is the main dish and 1/4 has veg of some kind.

3. Eat the salad and veg first and you might find you're too full to eat much of the main meal.

4. Eat with your hands and pause between mouthfuls (research has shown this requires more energy than eating with cutlery and is better for you... plus it's sunnah)

5. Don't go back for seconds.

For Ramadan I tend to have a smoothie and a bowl of fruit for Iftar because I struggle to pray Taraweeh if I eat a full meal... instead I have a proper meal (nothing friend) for suhoor.

Comment

Salam,

Nice post to read, very interesting, it makes sense how to do it.. [MENTION=144004]Thestarsareshining[/MENTION].

Thanks, [MENTION=135002]Rea1234[/MENTION], yes I guess so, so are you drinking 2 or 3 litres atm?
                  Yea, its kinda hard with ramadan but let me tell you what I do. I drink 2 water bottles during suhoor time(1 liter), and then 2 water bottles after iftar.

Comment

This is interesting and good to know, because the stretching is something nobody wants, so have to be careful there. Rather not overdo, and go the moderate way. I suppose 2 litres but do you think that is much, at all?
                    No it actually flattens the stomach over time. That is because your not eating alot of food since the water makes you full. When I did it I ate less food and my stomach felt flatter.

Comment

[MENTION=135002]Rea1234[/MENTION]

I think Ramadan is a great opportunity to train yourself to eat less, especially for those who try to lose some weight or have health issues.

Usually people stuffed their bodies with white flour which makes them full only for a short time, then they start feeling hungry again in less than an hour. It's because their bodies not taking enough nutrients and because carbs trigger food cravings.

We need to know how much calories our bodies need and try to not exceed that. Each meal we have should consists of a source of protein, healthy fats, small portion of carbohydrates; the best is quinoa and oatmeal imo. Please know that carbohydrates are found almost in all foods even in vegetables & milk. So, don't be afraid of not taking your enough of carbohydrates. In fact, carbohydrates should be the smallest portion of our food. Also, you can have source of sugar preferably natural stuff as date, one type of fruit or dark chocolate. our bodies, particularly brains, need quick sugar, but in a very small amounts and the best time to have them is the beginning of your day, breakfast meal.

little by little your body will get used to this and start carving them instead of just loads of plain carbohydrates and saturated fats. Drinking enough water is important as well.

If you want u can take a look at food picture thread and see. That may give you ideas. I think most people eat enough Alhamdulillah
                      How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by Rea1234 View Post
                        Ramadan is coming up and one of the things that I am nervous for is overeating during iftar. Im going to try to in shaa Allah fit in 3 liters of water a day because that would help me eat less. Also, maybe trying to eat healthier food so that way I can have more energy and be full during my fast.
                        After you break your fast with a date, drink a glass of room temperature water mixed with the juice of one lemon. Wait 5-10 minute then go eat. When you're at the food, use smaller plates so you don't over load on food. The bigger the plate, the bigger the temptation is to eat more. Also remember the words of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) and only fill your stomach with 1/3 food, 1/3 fluid and 1/3 air. And maybe after an hour or two from dinner, sip on some green tea and eat a fruit.

Comment

Well, its all in your head, not in your stomach. Once you realize that it can help you to eat less. Take small portions trough the day and drink much water. Sometimes your body wants water while you think you need to eat.

Comment

Ask yourself if you really enjoyed that food. Every time You eat something ask yourself "if its the best" "if its worth driving extra half hour to get". Most food tobehonest isn't that tasty. Fat people like me, we just eat cuz we see food. Whether its good or bad. Once you start criticizing food and its taste, you will realize there are many food that you don't really enjoy eating but u eat cuz its there.

Comment

Working...
                            X