Last thing you did to Step out of your comfortzone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last thing you did to Step out of your comfortzone

what is the last thing you did (could be small or big) that was outside your comfort zone? That made you nervous, scared but you pushed for it.

Few years ago, I was always pushing my boundaries, mostly because I grew up in a small bubble and everything in life involved me expending my bubbles. Now as I got older, that bubble got bigger and I don't find myself pushing as much, which I miss. I miss that nervous, scared but excited and pride for being able to conquer something I wasn't comfortable in.

Goal is to motivate each other to keeping pushing because growth is outside our comfort zone

Re: Last thing you did to Step out of your comfortzone

Climbed a rock .
    Knew I would struggle to come down.
    Sheer drop to the sea one side, other side rocks.
    My friend made a video of me trying to come down.
    Well they found it funny. :(

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Excellent thread btw

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
        what is the last thing you did (could be small or big) that was outside your comfort zone? That made you nervous, scared but you pushed for it.

Few years ago, I was always pushing my boundaries, mostly because I grew up in a small bubble and everything in life involved me expending my bubbles. Now as I got older, that bubble got bigger and I don't find myself pushing as much, which I miss. I miss that nervous, scared but excited and pride for being able to conquer something I wasn't comfortable in.

Goal is to motivate each other to keeping pushing because growth is outside our comfort zone
        Amazing thread idea!

Comment

Did a trust fall

Comment

talk about islam with my classmates i think, on tuesday
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

This is a good topic. I don't recall anything in particular that happened recently. I try to challenge myself frequently, even though sometimes it takes conscious effort. My husband and I, a couple years ago, decided to do one scary thing, or a challenge, each month for the full year. Mine that year was running a half marathon, went up the side of a small mountain, in a foreign country, in the pouring rain. I had only trained for 10k. When I came in, my lips were blue from being cold for so long. The motivation was that I didn't know if I would get the chance to do that race in that country again. It was an interesting experience. These days, challenges are more education or work related.

Comment

drive on a busy and fast road
                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

I have a fear of water, especially too much water.

So today I cleaned the kitchen, thus coming into contact with kitchen tap water.

Then I did wudhu like almost straight after, meaning I went into contact with lots of water, so stepped out of my comfort zone.
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Used a public restroom. I despise those things, I've seen cleaner bins.

Comment

A manager wasn't in, so I was asked to look after a team, whose manager wasn't present.. I've never done anything like that before, and I was terrified.. but I went ahead and did it.
                      And I survived the day.. haha my family were texting me like are you still alive lool, coz I was proper panicking the day before I was asked, and contemplating pulling a sickie.. due to dread. lool
                      Alhamdulillah
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I work as a consultant, we are always expected to know things we've never done before, the learning curve is always very sharp and stressful
                        But one thing i pushed myself for is an interview... i hate interviews, the thought gives me anxiety... had to study all my things again, prepare for it... الحمدلله its over, horrible time... but u need it to progress in life...
                        * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
                          This is a good topic. I don't recall anything in particular that happened recently. I try to challenge myself frequently, even though sometimes it takes conscious effort. My husband and I, a couple years ago, decided to do one scary thing, or a challenge, each month for the full year. Mine that year was running a half marathon, went up the side of a small mountain, in a foreign country, in the pouring rain. I had only trained for 10k. When I came in, my lips were blue from being cold for so long. The motivation was that I didn't know if I would get the chance to do that race in that country again. It was an interesting experience. These days, challenges are more education or work related.
                          I love the challenge you and your husband have. Inshallah, we might copy that in future. For now, we are focusing on small/simple challenges instead of big ticket item. I do have running 5K (running and not walking) on my list of challenge for this year

Comment

I hate talking on the phone. I am good face to face conversation and am very extrovert in party setting but making phone calls & communicating drains me. I have to push myself extra hard & put it on my to do list 10 times before I finally make that call. I do talk on phone everyday with few people like my mother and 2 friends and hubby, but everyone else is a drag. Well I was assigned to call 4 people (a cousin, 3 cousin in law) about my nephews Aqiqha. It took me 4 days to make those calls, I had to mentally prep myself before making the call and it was only 5 minute call really. No big deal, everyone said "Oh thanks for invite, Inshallah we will come". I don't know why It takes so much effort on my side to make the calls. But I am done, I made all 4 & I did my part. Sign of relief

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                              I love the challenge you and your husband have. Inshallah, we might copy that in future. For now, we are focusing on small/simple challenges instead of big ticket item. I do have running 5K (running and not walking) on my list of challenge for this year
                              That's great. It's a good place to start. My challenge today was having acupuncture done on my face. I didn't count the needles, but I would say there were at least 20. Oi! It's supposed to be a good rejuvenator of the skin. We will see... I'm going back next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X