Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone apostates

:salams

I just saw the following video which made me wonder what the correct ruling is regarding murtadeen. enlighten me please.

[LINK REMOVED - AA]
    Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 18-05-17, 06:10 PM.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Re: If someone apostates

:wswrwb:

In a country ruled with shariah, the case is reported to the authorities, and they take care of it.
    If they find the person guilty, and the person does not revert subsequently, capital punishment is applied.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
      :wswrwb:

In a country ruled with shariah, the case is reported to the authorities, and they take care of it.
      If they find the person guilty, and the person does not revert subsequently, capital punishment is applied.
      is there a clear command how we should deal with it, for example a friend?

[MENTION=30214]Abu 'Abdullaah[/MENTION] why?
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        is there a clear command how we should deal with it, for example a friend?

[MENTION=30214]Abu 'Abdullaah[/MENTION] why?
        Call them back to Islam, if they don't return, then cut ties with them. It doesn't have to be dramatic, you can pinpoint how they are wrong and ask them why they allow themselves to be wrong, and why they won't come back to what is right. And if they are arrogant and hostile, which they are most of the times, you can act as if you brushed it off like it's nothing, don't say anything more, but you can decide to stay at home more and more when they ask you to come with them somewhere, and you stop contacting them so frequently, until eventually you're apart from them.
        You behave the way it makes sense to behave - you see your friend drinking or something, why would you join them? You don't. If the subject of religion comes up, you give your input on what you think, you don't look for arguments because it's not sensible - which is how rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) did also. He wasn't excessive in speech, he wasn't getting into shouting matches, he told and reminded people, and if he saw someone was still going to do something bad, he didn't drag them by the clothes or something, all of what he did makes sense.
        So you just withdraw as the apostates are bound to do a lot of haram and you wouldn't be doing that yourself, nor does it make sense to be around it.

Usually there's some reason they're adamant about apostasy, and you being right won't bring them back, which is why it's useless to argue. Ask them every year or two how they're doing, and when they eventually get out whatever it is in them that stops them, then you ask them again why they left Islam and why they insist on being wrong etc.

We don't take the law into our own hands, otherwise there would be destruction and injustice everywhere because we're not omniscient.
        Last edited by Thunderstorm; 18-05-17, 08:10 PM.

Comment

People are free to choose their religion in their private life but if they are betrayers in a sense that they are trying to attack the belief of the Islamic society and spread the wrong and advocate for it, their punishment is the punishment of the betrayers ! like Jews who would convert into Islam and then they would return just to pretend that Islam is wrong, they would use this method as a propaganda tool against the Islamic society.
          Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Hmm i see :jkk: [MENTION=139017]Thunderstorm[/MENTION]

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by ALAS View Post
              People are free to choose their religion in their private life but if they are betrayers in a sense that they are trying to attack the belief of the Islamic society and spread the wrong and advocate for it, their punishment is the punishment of the betrayers ! like Jews who would convert into Islam and then they would return just to pretend that Islam is wrong, they would use this method as a propaganda tool against the Islamic society.
              Yes, that was the context in which the command was given to rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam). And that is why our countries should incorporate it into their legislation.
              It's dangerous for everyone to let laymen exact justice and investigate however, as they can make themselves guilty of spying and murder, and in turn be murdered by another vigilante, and that vigilante by another vigilante etc., all because nobody knows who started it and who is 100% right. And if somebody came knocking on your door, saying "let me rummage through your house so I can decide whether I will kill someone or not", most people will not allow strangers into their homes to look through their things for "clues" or evidence, let alone potentially be an accomplice in some capacity to what may amount to murder or at very least manslaughter.
              Like I said, vigilantism is dangerous for individuals as well as the entire society, authority is important and there's a reason why certain people were given authority in the whole of a society.

Comment

Working...
              X