Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riba' in housing

:salams

If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?

I see many muslims live in poverty just bc they choose to rent a house for about 60 years and then end up with nothing to pass onto their children, they threw away at least 300.000 euros in a lifetime on rent

Whereas when u pay intrest on a 150.000 euro loan its gna be only about 15.000 euros u throw away...

Warning: Its a question not a fatwa
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Re: Riba' in housing

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    :salams

If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?

I see many muslims live in poverty just bc they choose to rent a house for about 60 years and then end up with nothing to pass onto their children, they threw away at least 300.000 euros in a lifetime on rent

Whereas when u pay intrest on a 150.000 euro loan its gna be only about 15.000 euros u throw away...

Warning: Its a question not a fatwa
    renting isn't riba .... some contracts sure but not all .... if you rent directly from the landlord he wont charge you anything however the ones through a agency charges you interest etc.
    plus i guess the mindset should be that we dont need to leave anything behind if we can then sure but if you cant then dont, besides who's to say they will distribute what you've left behind properly according to shariyyah they might do more hard by fighting over the things you leave behind.

Comment

Originally posted by babadods View Post
      renting isn't riba .... some contracts sure but not all .... if you rent directly from the landlord he wont charge you anything however the ones through a agency charges you interest etc.
      plus i guess the mindset should be that we dont need to leave anything behind if we can then sure but if you cant then dont, besides who's to say they will distribute what you've left behind properly according to shariyyah they might do more hard by fighting over the things you leave behind.
      But u pay for something that will never be yours?
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

you're paying for a service ... thats not riba lol
        id totally take out a loan but its haraam so im happy with renting rn as it does not compromise my religion.

Comment

Think of avoiding riba as a downpayment on jannah

Thing is with riba the barakah is gone, that very house you buy will be a source of misery in this world and the next,
          [MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION] if the choice is renting or war with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala then I'm going to rent

It's not rocket science
          It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
          "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Thing is with riba the barakah is gone, that very house you buy will be a source of misery in this world and the next,
            [MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION] if the choice is renting or war with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala then I'm going to rent

It's not rocket science
            Hey dont insult me for asking this question lol, it just doest seem right to me to pay at 500-1000 a month for something you dont ever receive, hence i thought it was haram, also, there is intrest on rent that goes to the state instead of the bank

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

It's not rocket science
              yeah man totally agree, ive seen homes of riba owners and i swear they more and more issues with the house, more repairs and they also cant save money etc, families having a fights etc its just not worth it tbh for this and the next life.

Comment

yeah man totally agree, ive seen homes of riba owners and i swear they more and more issues with the house, more repairs and they also cant save money etc, families having a fights etc its just not worth it tbh for this and the next life.
                The sin of riba is not worth it no

My parents never fight and we dont have problems with the house, and they can save, much more then a person who rents because they dont have to pay rent -.-'

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Hey dont insult me for asking this question lol, it just doest seem right to me to pay at 500-1000 a month for something you dont ever receive, hence i thought it was haram, also, there is intrest on rent that goes to the state instead of the bank
                  Sorry i didn't mean to come across as insulting

My parents bought a house on riba and the misery they have gone through subhanAllah.
                  It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                  "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Hey dont insult me for asking this question lol, it just doest seem right to me to pay at 500-1000 a month for something you dont ever receive, hence i thought it was haram, also, there is interest on rent that goes to the state instead of the bank
                    and who made you the big boss to judge what seems right or wrong lool
                    im kidding but seriously don't you think it doesn't seem right you do pay the riba etc and deal with it you go against the allah who gave you life, money food and everything yet you disobey him and go against him. is it worth getting the small loan and at the end having a house? when on the last day you'll be burning for god knows how long? all i can say it will be much longer than the 20 30 years loan.

what if you knowing all this riba stuff and you take the loan regardless what if allah the one who gives you money to pay for the loan stops giving you the money to pay for it? you end up selling things and by the qadr of allah you get no jobs and fall behind you spend all your savings and now your house is gone and your on the streets. then what? what if allah holds you accountable to that in this world? this honestly shits me up and keeps me away from things that would anger allah i live alone in my apartment that i rent and this is what i say to myself.

Comment

The sin of riba is not worth it no

My parents never fight and we dont have problems with the house, and they can save, much more then a person who rents because they dont have to pay rent -.-'
                      well they aint really saving anything if you are in debt of 100k your down 100k the man with a penny/euro in his pocket which is halal and is debt free is richer than your parents who have 500 ruros in their bank kuz the man with a penny is in his positives bu tur parents are in the minuses simple maths eyyy haha

excuse me for the terrible spelling and grammar im coding at work and replying to you guys lol

Comment

Sorry i didn't mean to come across as insulting

My parents bought a house on riba and the misery they have gone through subhanAllah.
                        well my parents haven't had any misery, even my aunty as a single mum bought a house and yes she had to fix some things but it was an old house, my granny & granddad bought a house and theyre fine,
                        i'm not saying i want a riba' loan, but i definately would want to buy a house with an islamic loan if such a thing is possible, i mean i prefer it over rent,
                        imagine u buy a house at age 25, it costs 150.000 euros no riba', if you pay the (islamic halal) loan on a 20 year bases which is only 625 euros a month, then you are 45, imagine u live until ur 75, you have 30 more years to save the same amount of money, 625 euros, you leave your children with 225.000 euros and a house, whereas if you rent you leave your children with nothing but your last name.

and i am not a person focussed on money wallah i would live in a shed as long as i have some books and a prayer mat in sha Allah, but i'm just seeing it how it is, in the example i gave the person who chose to rent spoiled 375.000 euros over 50 years (if his rent is 625 euros a month), and to my knowledge wasting is haram as well?

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

and who made you the big boss to judge what seems right or wrong lool

well my parents haven't had any misery, even my aunty as a single mum bought a house and yes she had to fix some things but it was an old house, my granny & granddad bought a house and theyre fine,
                          i'm not saying i want a riba' loan, but i definately would want to buy a house with an islamic loan if such a thing is possible, i mean i prefer it over rent,
                          imagine u buy a house at age 25, it costs 150.000 euros no riba', if you pay the (islamic halal) loan on a 20 year bases which is only 625 euros a month, then you are 45, imagine u live until ur 75, you have 30 more years to save the same amount of money, 625 euros, you leave your children with 225.000 euros and a house, whereas if you rent you leave your children with nothing but your last name.

and i am not a person focussed on money wallah i would live in a shed as long as i have some books and a prayer mat in sha Allah, but i'm just seeing it how it is, in the example i gave the person who chose to rent spoiled 375.000 euros over 50 years (if his rent is 625 euros a month), and to my knowledge wasting is haram as well?

simple math innit?

btw i'm not judging anything, i don't have any intention of taking a riba' loan, i'm just doing the simple maths and i conclude

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

wasting? its only wasting if your spending it on waste here you are paying to provide a roof over your wife and kids and who says you need to own a house to leave behind that's such a materialistic thing we live for something better and our nabi SAW left nothing behind, who says you need to own a house who says that is what makes a man a man ...wallah its useless when the guy died hes rolling in his grave kuz his family is fighting over the property and then ppl are not distributing it properly that all comes on the head of the dead and he suffers in the grave for the fasaad his wealth he left behind him has caused. ppl these days dont distribute according to islam they keep it all in family and the shares given is wrong its not islamic no one gives a portion to charity they keep it all, this is a very big sin on the head of the dead.

Comment

simple math innit?

btw i'm not judging anything, i don't have any intention of taking a riba' loan, i'm just doing the simple maths and i conclude
                              according to your maths a man with a debt but more savings is richer than the man with no debt and less savings lol
                              but yh don't get me wrong i aint bashing you for this im sure you're wise enough to make the right decision and the right decision is life sucks so just rent even if you seem "poor", but dw in the eyes of the good you are the richest

Comment

Working...
                              X