Riba' in housing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riba' in housing

The debate is whether all ribas are actually ribas because they are treated as such.

Comment

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
      The debate is whether all ribas are actually ribas because they are treated as such.
      Wym, riba is tiba theres no way atound it... even insurance is a form of it and haram and we all do that one cus its obligatory
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Loans have taken very diverse uses and significance over time in terms of purpose and cost.Interest free loans and "riba " in housing are not strictly the same.

Comment

If u can buy a house the halal way fair enough if u cant then rent simple

Comment

People should own their own house and not be at the mercy of landlords, who can put you and family out, or put your rent up by whatever they like.

Only people who rent are those that don't have responsiblities. No elderly parents that need modified accomodation, or kids that need space etc.

I think tenents are just helping their landlord pay his mortgage. Makes no sense. You pay money your whole life, you land lord eventually has a free hold property. You pay your own mortgage your whole life you eventually have your own property.

Lack of stability in living arrangements, poverty and not being able to accomodate your family in your tiny flat can also lead you to compromise on your dean.

I'm worried we're going to end up with a generation of muslims who just move from house to house, paying their kuffar landlords rents.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
              If u can buy a house the halal way fair enough if u cant then rent simple
              Pretty much my thoughts
              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                :salams

If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?

I see many muslims live in poverty just bc they choose to rent a house for about 60 years and then end up with nothing to pass onto their children, they threw away at least 300.000 euros in a lifetime on rent

Whereas when u pay intrest on a 150.000 euro loan its gna be only about 15.000 euros u throw away...

Warning: Its a question not a fatwa

Wa'alaikum As'salam,

renting a house isn't Riba -- you are paying to the landlord for the use of his property.
                "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
                western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Is the question meant to be if renting involves Riba and buying involves Riba?
                  Watch those eyes

Comment

with Islamic bank being so prevalent now, is riba really an issue any more when it comes to buying house. Alhamdulillah for it. the problem with renting is not just the money but you are at mercy of your landlord. There are so many rules renter has to follow from not making any modification to the house including not painting the walls or having ugly spills that will stain the carpet to your contract can be terminated any moment & you have to find a new place.

My cousin stopped working after her husband came to USA & they were happy renting. She saw no problem in it, it was the perfect house for them, until the owner called one day and said he needs the house vacant because he wants his daughter to live there. He gave them few months to find another place but there is a shortage of rental place & in panic they choose an apartment she didn't like. After 6 month of looking she finally found another house she likes but its not in great neighborhood. But this is their 3rd move and they are expecting a new baby. who knows if the new house will workout for them or not. Had she continued working after her husband started working & saved up, they could have brought a house and wouldn't have to worry about contract termination. BTW the house in my area are cheap & many people buy house with cash & Islamic banking is available too.

those who fantasize life in old country remember most of our parents had house. Rent is not an issue in old country, especially those in the village. Also I don't know anyone who buys house in west for purpose of leaving something behind for kids. That is not the mentality in USA because government will take everything when you get old & need lot of health care. People buy it so they don't have housing expense in retirement age. Coming up with rent money from social security income is very tight & relying on kids is not fair on the kids especially for those who have all girls. If you buy a house in your 30's and take 30 year to pay off, by the time you stop working the house will be free

Comment

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
                      People should own their own house and not be at the mercy of landlords, who can put you and family out, or put your rent up by whatever they like.

Only people who rent are those that don't have responsiblities. No elderly parents that need modified accomodation, or kids that need space etc.

I think tenents are just helping their landlord pay his mortgage. Makes no sense. You pay money your whole life, you land lord eventually has a free hold property. You pay your own mortgage your whole life you eventually have your own property.

Lack of stability in living arrangements, poverty and not being able to accomodate your family in your tiny flat can also lead you to compromise on your dean.

I'm worried we're going to end up with a generation of muslims who just move from house to house, paying their kuffar landlords rents.
                      You make it sound as if owning a property is the easier way forward.
                      Without any assets its pretty much impossible here in the UK to save up enough to buy a house cash on your average salary ....especially considering most Muslims earn below the average.
                      I imagine it is the same case in much of the 'developed' world

Comment

Working...
                      X