Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riba' in housing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Riba' in housing

    Originally posted by aynina View Post
    :salams

    If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?

    I see many muslims live in poverty just bc they choose to rent a house for about 60 years and then end up with nothing to pass onto their children, they threw away at least 300.000 euros in a lifetime on rent

    Whereas when u pay intrest on a 150.000 euro loan its gna be only about 15.000 euros u throw away...

    Warning: Its a question not a fatwa
    [email protected] of two evils. weirdest defination of evil.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Riba' in housing

      Originally posted by babadods View Post
      according to your maths a man with a debt but more savings is richer than the man with no debt and less savings lol
      but yh don't get me wrong i aint bashing you for this im sure you're wise enough to make the right decision and the right decision is life sucks so just rent even if you seem "poor", but dw in the eyes of the good you are the richest
      I dont understand you, the math i made is simple and clear i would think, and no the prophet didnt leave anything behind, but no one should fight over money after one died, Allah made clear laws about how it should be shared after ones death.

      U dont sound logical to me, you spend money throughout your life and you dont have anything left in the end vs u spend money on something of which you will have something left, the difference is clear to me
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

      O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

      Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Riba' in housing

        Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
        [email protected] of two evils. weirdest defination of evil.
        Riba' is evil, even though it now seems rent isnt riba'

        I still see tenting a waste of money if you can buy through the same work
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

        O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

        Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Riba' in housing

          Originally posted by aynina View Post
          I dont understand you, the math i made is simple and clear i would think, and no the prophet didnt leave anything behind, but no one should fight over money after one died, Allah made clear laws about how it should be shared after ones death.

          U dont sound logical to me, you spend money throughout your life and you dont have anything left in the end vs u spend money on something of which you will have something left, the difference is clear to me
          i like talking about the present your maths talks about 20-30 years in the future what if you die then and ur burden of a loan is passed down then what ... plus ur so called logic doesn't make sense, if its haraam then its haraam simple nothing else should be added to it if it's haraam you suck it up and say ok and then leave it there no point thinking of how good it is etc and how renting is crap and doesnt make sense, its the halal way so just do it.

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Riba' in housing

            Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Riba' is evil, even though it now seems rent isnt riba'

            I still see tenting a waste of money if you can buy through the same work
            well i guess tough luck and just accept it lol your not destined to own a house and many die without one its simple really. if you want a house make dua for allah to give you more rizq so you can buy one but for now if you can't afford it then pay for a house as its not wasting money its you paying for a need like food is ... if you don't eat you die but if you eat it's wasting it as it comes out as shit .... just like that if you don't have a home you're not providing for your family with a place etc so you have to rent one for them and just live with it i guess. money isnt something you keep its something thats supposed to be spent and spend it to benefit your aakhirah and the future of your kids etc what good is leaving a house when your kids have no appreciation for it how about you feed them halal and let them live in a riba free house so that allah may have mercy on them and make them the coolness of your eyes.

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Riba' in housing

              Originally posted by babadods View Post
              i like talking about the present your maths talks about 20-30 years in the future what if you die then and ur burden of a loan is passed down then what ... plus ur so called logic doesn't make sense, if its haraam then its haraam simple nothing else should be added to it if it's haraam you suck it up and say ok and then leave it there no point thinking of how good it is etc and how renting is crap and doesnt make sense, its the halal way so just do it.
              If my parents die now they leave me with a house thats worth let's say 200.000 euros and they have lets say 5 years on their loan eft that means i sell the house for 200.000, then i have 200.000 and i pay of the 5 years left on their loan which will leave me with lets say 190.000 euros. share that with my brother and i can afford myself a house without having to take a loan even, Alhamdulillah how easy you can make the life of your children if you do this for them, again, i'm not superficial and i don't nee all of this, but its just logical thinking.

              i don't need to be rich, i don't care about money or wealth, all i'm saying is why live in poverty if with the same means you can have certain things...
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

              O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

              Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Riba' in housing

                Originally posted by aynina View Post
                If my parents die now they leave me with a house thats worth let's say 200.000 euros and they have lets say 5 years on their loan eft that means i sell the house for 200.000, then i have 200.000 and i pay of the 5 years left on their loan which will leave me with lets say 190.000 euros. share that with my brother and i can afford myself a house without having to take a loan even, Alhamdulillah how easy you can make the life of your children if you do this for them, again, i'm not superficial and i don't nee all of this, but its just logical thinking.

                i don't need to be rich, i don't care about money or wealth, all i'm saying is why live in poverty if with the same means you can have certain things...
                well the final answer is that riba to begin with is haraam the fact your parents took it out is a major sin for them and on their heads till death and beyond unless allah forgives them.
                and im saying you live in poverty so that your not held accountable if you cant afford it keep renting i cant see why you don't see this main point and keep saying "well with renting its not yours and with a loan its yours in years" the biggest point is its not what allah likes so dont do it simple other bs explanations don't make sense to me if its not allowed then bas leave it at that don't say well eventually it's your property etc and its not the same you can rent riba free so take that option simple

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Riba' in housing

                  Originally posted by babadods View Post
                  well the final answer is that riba to begin with is haraam the fact your parents took it out is a major sin for them and on their heads till death and beyond unless allah forgives them.
                  and im saying you live in poverty so that your not held accountable if you cant afford it keep renting i cant see why you don't see this main point and keep saying "well with renting its not yours and with a loan its yours in years" the biggest point is its not what allah likes so dont do it simple other bs explanations don't make sense to me if its not allowed then bas leave it at that don't say well eventually it's your property etc and its not the same you can rent riba free so take that option simple
                  you should have noticed since post 12 i was talking about an islamic loan, since i would never take a riba' loan, and i was just proving the point that buying is better then renting if the loan is haram.

                  my parents arent muslims, so i wouldnt follow in their footsteps in terms of taking riba' loan, even though my savings are collecting riba' as we speak, because they put them on a riba' savings account
                  يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                  O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                  Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Riba' in housing

                    Originally posted by aynina View Post
                    you should have noticed since post 12 i was talking about an islamic loan, since i would never take a riba' loan, and i was just proving the point that buying is better then renting if the loan is haram.

                    my parents arent muslims, so i wouldnt follow in their footsteps in terms of taking riba' loan, even though my savings are collecting riba' as we speak, because they put them on a riba' savings account
                    tbh theres no such thing as a riba free loan especially in the west if there is then sure take the loan and pay them back riba free but its very hard to find one.
                    "buying is better then renting if the loan is haram"
                    i assume you mean halal? then yes it is however some ppl like me are very cautious when it comes to dealing with ppl i have never and inshaa allah allah keeps it this way owed anyone money and even if there was a halal loan i wouldn't take it much rather just rent a place out.
                    plus im very unpredictable i travel a lot and i tend to stay in different places sometimes for extended time being tied down by a loan would drive me mad so personally for me a halal loan is a no go but to others its fine however a haraam loan is deffo a no go.

                    i've been replying to you according to the first post didn't realise you were talking about a halal loan in the middle.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Riba' in housing

                      Originally posted by babadods View Post
                      tbh theres no such thing as a riba free loan especially in the west if there is then sure take the loan and pay them back riba free but its very hard to find one.
                      "buying is better then renting if the loan is haram"
                      i assume you mean halal? then yes it is however some ppl like me are very cautious when it comes to dealing with ppl i have never and inshaa allah allah keeps it this way owed anyone money and even if there was a halal loan i wouldn't take it much rather just rent a place out.
                      plus im very unpredictable i travel a lot and i tend to stay in different places sometimes for extended time being tied down by a loan would drive me mad so personally for me a halal loan is a no go but to others its fine however a haraam loan is deffo a no go.

                      i've been replying to you according to the first post didn't realise you were talking about a halal loan in the middle.
                      yes i meant a halal loan, well then i understand your point

                      also if renting is completely harmless, its also nice if you can buy a house and rent it out to someone, and then with the money the person who rents pays you with you can pay of your own house or rent,

                      lol if i was rich i would just rent out some houses, but that probably wont ever happen haha
                      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                      O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                      Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Riba' in housing

                        Originally posted by aynina View Post
                        yes i meant a halal loan, well then i understand your point

                        also if renting is completely harmless, its also nice if you can buy a house and rent it out to someone, and then with the money the person who rents pays you with you can pay of your own house or rent,

                        lol if i was rich i would just rent out some houses, but that probably wont ever happen haha
                        coolioooo guess we on the same page now

                        i can buy a house but it'll be a pain dealing with it im happy with the 2 i have now (owned by family and riba free but i tc of it) tbh allhamdulillah

                        if i was rich i would move to a cave and customize it to my liking get solar panels etc and just live like a caveman ... modern caveman Click image for larger version

Name:	cave.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	10765517

                        thought of it many times even told my farther to sell all the houses he owns and to just go live off the grid but apparently im being crazy ... ill show em one day lol


                        i was thinking of buying this recently
                        https://www.kyero.com/en/property/41...r-sale-huescar

                        but parents are against it and they wont live with me :(
                        Last edited by babadods; 17-05-17, 01:30 PM.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Riba' in housing

                          renting isn't riba, buying a house on a mortgage is
                          I wouldn't mind living with inlaws or renting a place, unless hubby can afford buying a place (they're expensive though so i'm not expecting this lol) but wouldn't be okay with him getting a mortgage.. since that's haram.
                          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                          [al-An’aam 6:59]

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Riba' in housing

                            WARNING

                            The limit has been exceeded for back and forth posts between the genders in the thread.

                            Please desist from further activity and minimize the interaction in the future.

                            RAS

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Riba' in housing

                              Do you know the reason why Riba is bad regardless of Islam? The house you buy will only increase the difficulties for your children to buy an house. Before Riba/loaning was a thing houses were incredibly cheap (compared to now). 20-30 years ago you could buy a house for 50-100k and an appartment for less than 40k. Now you can only buy a garage or a car for that money.
                              Inflation is corrupting this world more than enough already. So I advice you stay away from it.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Riba' in housing

                                Originally posted by aynina View Post
                                :salams

                                If renting is riba' and buying is riba' isnt buying a house the lesser of 2 evils since u actually have something after 20-30 years whereas if u rent you throw away the amount of money which could have afforded you 2 houses if not 3 in a lifetime?
                                3 houses? lol. the house next door is on sale for £600,000. by the time I can afford to own one, I will be sleeping in my grave.
                                Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

                                -Quran (57:20)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X