Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning into a vegan

Assalam u Alaikum.

I haven't said or admitted to myself. I usually make decisions without saying or affirming them. I understand the concept of one turning into a vegetarian, be that because of animal brutality or health conscious or other spiritual reasons. But turning into a vegan is something I'm not coming to terms with.

Why should I not be having milk? Or cheese? By avoiding these things, am I deliberately sinning or something? I'm just a bit confused in this matter.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Re: Turning into a vegan

If you do not like something then don't have it...Allah made it halal for us so we CAN have it if we want to....
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Islamically you are allowed to avoid certain foods as long as you don't think they should be impermissible to eat when they are allowed.
      Last edited by usernametaken; 03-05-17, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Why become a vegetarian and reject the lawful and good food Allah has made for us so we can eat from it and be grateful? The prophet (saws) drank milk and ate halal meat, and you should too. Follow his sunnah and you will be successful.

Comment

I dont think i could ever survive without meat. I had to for a week due to lack of halal meat when I was abroad and it felt horrible. But there is alot of preservatives, pesticides mixed with alot of the food we eat. Not to mention genetically modified food. So avoiding some foods is healthier and probably will reduce likelihood of cardiac diseases and some cancers.

For health reasons i can understand avoiding red meat and fatty foods.

Unless your allergic to milk why avoid it
          Its so beneficial

Comment

Are you a vegan or thinking of becoming one? Tbh I don't get why..
            Don't get me wrong..I understand vgetarians (I am v sensitive and contemplated this a few timez) but I don't get vegan..
            The way animals are treated these days is not good..despte halal slaughter, even pre slaughter the animal should be treated well islamically afaik.. And we consume too much meat as a whole
            Ngl I love the taste and don't wanna become veggie..being overly sensitive has its downsides :/
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Being a vegan sounds like too much hard work. Imagine survival on avocados alone. Yuk.

I knew a vegan at work who was so so tactful that every time we made a cup of tea she'd remind us how we are consuming the waste products of a cow. Charming
              82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
                Being a vegan sounds like too much hard work. Imagine survival on avocados alone. Yuk.

I knew a vegan at work who was so so tactful that every time we made a cup of tea she'd remind us how we are consuming the waste products of a cow. Charming
                How did she consume her required daily amounts of calcium?

Comment

^There is plenty of calcium in other things like sesame seeds, tofu and I think even nettles contain calcium and a few other vegan foods.

As someone else has pointed out, it's permitted for you to switch to a vegan diet if you prefer to eat that way as long as you do not consider it haram to eat meat or dairy products as some vegans can get very evangelical as though it's a grave sin to do so and Islamically that attitude is totally wrong.

If you're wondering why a person would choose to go vegan, I know of people who have and they have a number of reasons such as:

- they had health problems which were alleviated by a plant based diet
                  - they found out many calves are killed at birth and thrown away as a "waste product" due to the dairy industry needing to keep cows pregnant all the time to produce lots of milk and they considered this cruel and unethical (and they also consider the veal industry to be cruel as well)
                  - they do not trust the meat and dairy industry because they believe feeding animals GM food, injecting them with artificial hormones and/or unnecessary antibiotics (as well as keeping them in cages in factory farms) cannot possibly lead to the production of wholesome, healthy food

So there are valid reasons for choosing the lifestyle, though I strongly dislike the sort of people who try to guilt trip you for drinking lassi or that sort of thing.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Is that true?
                    It all starts with a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
                      Is that true?
                      Yes as I don't post things which are untrue. It's called lying and not permissible in islam
                      82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                        How did she consume her required daily amounts of calcium?
                        Allah alone knows. Though she ate lots of avocados and green foods but was I found quite rude to non vegans

Comment

Yes as I don't post things which are untrue. It's called lying and not permissible in islam
                          I mean were you consuming wast products of a cow?
                          It all starts with a thought

Comment

Why would u even choose to not eat milk/cheese/yoghurt/ice cream
                            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
                              I mean were you consuming wast products of a cow?
                              Would you consider milk as the waste product of a cow?

Comment

Working...
                              X