Best place in UK for muslims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best place in UK for muslims?

[QUOTE=Halal-Brother;7392007]Assalamo aleikom!

Originally posted by mazuiz View Post
    How come you guys have so many accents in such a small country
    Its mad in the dunya

Comment

[QUOTE=Abu julaybeeb;7392775]
      Originally posted by Halal-Brother View Post
      Assalamo aleikom!

Its mad in the dunya
      Sure is:rotfl:

Comment

[QUOTE=mazuiz;7392796]
        Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        Sure is:rotfl:
        as someone who lives alone (no im not anti family etc i just alone lol im the most family friendly person you'll know) id say sheffield is a very good city to live in especially if its in a muslim area however better would be bradford as you can wear and be what you want without anyone saying anything and yes there are bad people but there are bad people everywhere.

pros for sheffield:
        job opportunities
        diversity in muslim populations
        lots of masjids
        halal food can be found
        very good education in gov schools.

cons for sheffield:
        can get expensive
        not the most social city for muslims
        not much in terms of islamic events
        might be travelling a mile or so for a halal butcher or food
        more fitna
        less safe for practising and covering muslims women
        no islamic schools

pro bradford:
        cheap to live in
        butchers and shops very close by
        lots of halal shops
        lots of muslims who are practising and covered
        plenty of big ulemah and masjids (yes you have ulemah of haqq too)
        very social city for muslims
        practising men and women are respected by the locals so it's a safe environment and also safe for kids
        private islamic schools for girls and boys both better than gov schools

cons for bradford:
        less diversity in muslims
        gets bad reports in media
        less job opportunities (but you have leeds next door which is great)
        schools aren't very good in terms of education (gov schools)

just about me i've lived in both cities and this is my experience i know leeds,oldham and huddersfield too :)

hope this helps

:insha:

Comment

The midlands are probably best place
          82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

South West :inlove:

Comment

[QUOTE=babadods;7393034]
              Originally posted by mazuiz View Post

as someone who lives alone (no im not anti family etc i just alone lol im the most family friendly person you'll know) id say sheffield is a very good city to live in especially if its in a muslim area however better would be bradford as you can wear and be what you want without anyone saying anything and yes there are bad people but there are bad people everywhere.

pros for sheffield:
              job opportunities
              diversity in muslim populations
              lots of masjids
              halal food can be found
              very good education in gov schools.

cons for sheffield:
              can get expensive
              not the most social city for muslims
              not much in terms of islamic events
              might be travelling a mile or so for a halal butcher or food
              more fitna
              less safe for practising and covering muslims women
              no islamic schools

pro bradford:
              cheap to live in
              butchers and shops very close by
              lots of halal shops
              lots of muslims who are practising and covered
              plenty of big ulemah and masjids (yes you have ulemah of haqq too)
              very social city for muslims
              practising men and women are respected by the locals so it's a safe environment and also safe for kids
              private islamic schools for girls and boys both better than gov schools

cons for bradford:
              less diversity in muslims
              gets bad reports in media
              less job opportunities (but you have leeds next door which is great)
              schools aren't very good in terms of education (gov schools)

just about me i've lived in both cities and this is my experience i know leeds,oldham and huddersfield too :)

hope this helps

:insha:
              Akhi where whatever you want where ever
              Wear a qameese or thobe with ur trousers above ur ankles this shows more commitment to Allah i see sisters wearing niqab in some of the most white non muslim areas masha Allah Allahumma barik lahun
              If they do it we have to as well theres no double standards in our religion and think about the blessing
              Dont think about what people are gonna say everytime they say something bad youl be getting the reward and if you got a beard their probably scared of you 😁😁

Comment

All I read is soccer teams...

Comment

tower hamlets

Comment

[QUOTE=Abu julaybeeb;7393265]
                    Originally posted by babadods View Post

Akhi where whatever you want where ever
                    Wear a qameese or thobe with ur trousers above ur ankles this shows more commitment to Allah i see sisters wearing niqab in some of the most white non muslim areas masha Allah Allahumma barik lahun
                    If they do it we have to as well theres no double standards in our religion and think about the blessing
                    Dont think about what people are gonna say everytime they say something bad youl be getting the reward and if you got a beard their probably scared of you ����
                    i know what you're saying but ive been in situations where ive been stabbed and ive seen guys tease and pull women scarves in city centre, you see life one way i see it another and that's completely normal its just the experiences that we have had.
                    there's no double standards but there's also not putting you're self in a position to be mocked or anything, you do you're best in keeping safe and leave rest to allah, thats tawakkul.
                    na im just a rebel no really scared of anyone nor do i care about the whispers of the people they can do what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                      Wa Alaykumussalam
                      Personally i'd say in the North is awesome, i'd be more specific and say a region/city but I'm scared of giving away my location, lol.
                      Lots of halal food places, very multi cultural, loads of muslims, nice area, lots to do, and so forth :)
                      Tbh there are lots of Muslim friendly cities... London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds, and loadz more i'm sure.
                      Luton and Bradford too but personally I don't know whether i'd like to live in those places lol
                      dont be such a scardy cat sis, no one's going to track you down from name of city! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jannahseeker, View Post
                        dont be such a scardy cat sis, no one's going to track you down from name of city! :D
                        I know, I'm not worried about that, lots of UF members have mentioned their city on various threads, a city is massive, even if people knew, no one would ever know who I am anyway, but its just a worrisome thought in case there are any creepy people on here, as cities in the UK are way smaller than say the equivalent in US, as its so much more massive.. Plus I think one time here I accidently mentioned it on a thread or alluded to it, I cant remember.. and yeah, something happened as a result of that. So never again. lol.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I know, I'm not worried about that, lots of UF members have mentioned their city on various threads, a city is massive, even if people knew, no one would ever know who I am anyway, but its just a worrisome thought in case there are any creepy people on here, as cities in the UK are way smaller than say the equivalent in US, as its so much more massive.. Plus I think one time here I accidently mentioned it on a thread or alluded to it, I cant remember.. and yeah, something happened as a result of that. So never again. lol.
                          maashallah!!! better to be safe than sorry! :up:

Comment

So what city is the best?!
                            إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

I have to warn you that if you are contemplating Bradford.. please youtube bradford accent and deeply ponder upon this before making a desicion..

(lol I'm j/king.. but the strong bradford accent is well ummm... yeah :) )

I would say Liverpool has the most unique accent in a way. Accents aren't important..

Seriously research well and do istikhaarah too, tbh lots of cities in the UK have a big muslim population.. some more so than others but I dont think its as hard as other countries.. where muslims are a lot more sparse
                              I didn't realise the op was asking for the "best" accent,

Thought he wanted to know which is the best place for Muslims, in uk
                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                                I didn't realise the op was asking for the "best" accent,

Thought he wanted to know which is the best place for Muslims, in uk
                                He's not asking about the accent, he's referring to the best place in the UK for Muslims to live. I already answered my opinion on that with some of my posts on here.. with the cities I listed etc, the accent thing wasn't serious and was a bit of a tangent.
                                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
                                X