Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place in UK for muslims?

Assalamo aleikom!

What would you say is the best place in the UK for muslims to live in and why?.

Re: Best place in UK for muslims?

Wa Alaykumussalam
    Personally i'd say in the North is awesome, i'd be more specific and say a region/city but I'm scared of giving away my location, lol.
    Lots of halal food places, very multi cultural, loads of muslims, nice area, lots to do, and so forth :)
    Tbh there are lots of Muslim friendly cities... London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds, and loadz more i'm sure.
    Luton and Bradford too but personally I don't know whether i'd like to live in those places lol
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Scottish Highlands.

Comment

Thats pretty much all of them

Comment

London or birmingham would be the best in my opinion

Comment

I have to warn you that if you are contemplating Bradford.. please youtube bradford accent and deeply ponder upon this before making a desicion..

(lol I'm j/king.. but the strong bradford accent is well ummm... yeah :) )

I would say Liverpool has the most unique accent in a way. Accents aren't important..

Seriously research well and do istikhaarah too, tbh lots of cities in the UK have a big muslim population.. some more so than others but I dont think its as hard as other countries.. where muslims are a lot more sparse
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

Liverpool accent is disgusting

Comment

lol that's a bit tight.. It is hard to understand though..

personally I'm not a fan of the london accent its a bit too posh, and some ppl mock the brummy accent too.. actually same with yorkshire accent especially bradistan.. so everyones basically mocking someone else's lol.

Same with scottish/irish/welsh.. they're cool but the hardcore versions of the accents can be tough to understand

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  Liverpool accent is disgusting
                  They have that 'kh' sound going for them.

Comment

I just remember speaking to some guy in liverpool
                    Everytime he said something I just said yh yh thats all i could say since i didnt know what he was sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Halal-Brother View Post
                      Assalamo aleikom

What would you say is the best place in the UK for muslims to live in and why?.

Where ever you go in the uk brother just make sure theres a masjid close by, theres halal food and theres alot of muslims in the community

Comment

on the general topic of accents.. I remember once I was speaking to a scottish customer and I genuinely could not understand anything she was saying at all.. as it was a really really strong accent...I had to keep asking her to repeat it.. and she was getting kinda annoyed.. but it was awkward because I just couldn't understand her and she needed help with a query.. finally I sorted out her issue.. and I heard her say to someone in the back 'bloody british accent.. I couldn't understand a thing she was saying' lool I always thought our accent was clear.. but it just shows that the other person finds our accent equally hard

Oh yeah and our cousins in Texas.. they were struggling to understand our british accent when we were on skype!And yet we understood their accent perfectly lol.. that was weird and funny :) I thought it would be vice versa.. as brits accents are generally clear and US southern accents can be a bit more difficult to understand..lol

Comment

i like the American accent non country version..what else...oohh yeh aussie accent...hmmmmm accent that i find annoying.. heh...don't wanna be rude so nm
                          Indeed we belong to Allah,
                          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

London.

Comment

How come you guys have so many accents in such a small country

Comment

Working...
                              X