This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awkward Proposals

My Ustadh asked for my hand from my Wali today and I had to refuse because I'm not ready yet... But now I have to face him tomorrow..... Talk about awkward :( .I really don't know how to behave right now .....I'm seriously contemplating changing my madrasah

Re: Awkward Proposals

Originally posted by QueenOfNothing View Post
    My Ustadh asked for my hand from my Wali today and I had to refuse because I'm not ready yet... But now I have to face him tomorrow..... Talk about awkward :( .I really don't know how to behave right now .....I'm seriously contemplating changing my madrasah
    That is indeed very awkward.

Comment

Change it.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

I say change it. Now you know the fitnah is there and it will be more khayr for the sake of both of you to change. Shaytan will slowly whisper in his heart and he may fall into his traps and same to you. Best to avoid such evils from happening.

Comment

I would change school of my daughter whose teacher wanted to marry her.

Comment

Oh boy..things won't be the same after that. I'd change madrasah if I was u, and hopefully you'll get a female teacher this time

Comment

Oh wow that is awkward sis.. wonder how common this is. I would say to change it, because things wont be the same anymore, you might be worried to ask questions, when he is looking around and you two look at one another (not in that way, but just how people make eye contact with their students), you might both assume certain intentions of one another, might be more fitna etc. But when you said you don't know how to behave, you mean in front of him? How is the class structured.. is it interactive or just like him teaching, and how many of you approx. are there? Are there other good madrasahs in the area? How far along are you in your studies? These qs are key to consider too.
              Last edited by Creamcake; 10-04-17, 12:10 PM.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
              [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

LOOOL, that is hilarious
                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Change it! Why he asking for ur hand in proposal man... like did u see him checking u out or anything that might of made u think aaahh no wonder

And why is he teaching females... tut tut
                  "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Oooft girl id definately change schools... i cant even go to the shop anymore cus that guy asked my number... igh i hate such akward situations
                    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                      Oooft girl id definately change schools... i cant even go to the shop anymore cus that guy asked my number... igh i hate such akward situations
                      Lols ur post reminded me I used to frequently visit an Islamic book store (I hoard Darussalam books) and the sales rep began knocking off a pound or two cause I visited so much. So they began expanding their shop in to women's jilbab and one day at the counter he asked me about women's bags and if that would make a good selling idea I was like yea why not. Next thing I know the guy asks me to come after maghrib and help him pick out which bags would be best to sell (probably from a catalogue or something) so i was like ain't u closed after maghrib... lols then he was like the shop will be closed but you can come in to pick out bags with me

Ha. Avoided that shop like a plague since
                      "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Why i like online shopping so much its so much more safer and convenient

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                          Lols ur post reminded me I used to frequently visit an Islamic book store (I hoard Darussalam books) and the sales rep began knocking off a pound or two cause I visited so much. So they began expanding their shop in to women's jilbab and one day at the counter he asked me about women's bags and if that would make a good selling idea I was like yea why not. Next thing I know the guy asks me to come after maghrib and help him pick out which bags would be best to sell (probably from a catalogue or something) so i was like ain't u closed after maghrib... lols then he was like the shop will be closed but you can come in to pick out bags with me

Ha. Avoided that shop like a plague since
                          ughhh i hate when that happens, to your favourite places first ofcourse....
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Awkward Proposals

I can so relate lol.

I've had a proposal from an ustadh :/ that's one reason why I don't want a male ustadh anymore.
                            The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                              ughhh i hate when that happens, to your favourite places first ofcourse....
                              Yea sis that shop was like the closest one to my mums house so I could leave the younger ones with my mum if I felt like getting some new books :') it's ok though I guess it was for the best I ain't got space for any more books atm.

Comment

Working...
                              X