Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth it to pay someone else to make your CV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it to pay someone else to make your CV?

Assalaamualaikum

I am thinking to pay someone 5-20 euros to fix up my CV and also write some pre-made recommendation letters for me to certain type jobs? Is it worth it or waste of money?

I hate the whole process that is involved trying to find a job through unknown resources.

[MENTION=113742]GoogleSlayer[/MENTION] , Your thoughts on this?

Re: Is it worth it to pay someone else to make your CV?

:wswrwb:

if you're in uni, a lot of unis have career counseling centers that do that for free.
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

hmm... uni career council center is quite good idea.

Comment

Is it worth it to pay someone else to make your CV?

That is such a scam. There's bucketloads of free information out there on how to create a good cv.

I wouldn't be surprised if this "cv expert" just Googles "how to make a good cv".

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          That is such a scam. There's bucketloads of free information out there on how to create a good cv.

I wouldn't be surprised if this "cv expert" just Googles "how to make a good cv".
          yeah probably is, I sort of want someone to proof-read it for me as well and try to get some sort of "quality" for 20 euros. I have been using some templates that I have found off the internet for a while, though I haven't had to use my CV. Usually I get next job from my previous job, but this time I found few jobs that interests me and I want to put out my A-game.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
            Assalaamualaikum

I am thinking to pay someone 5-20 euros to fix up my CV and also write some pre-made recommendation letters for me to certain type jobs? Is it worth it or waste of money?

I hate the whole process that is involved trying to find a job through unknown resources.

Bro, if they have good ratings then it might be good. However i am not sure. Can you send me the link?
            Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
              Bro, if they have good ratings then it might be good. However i am not sure. Can you send me the link?
              hmm... I was looking at few fiverr.com among those who didn't steal some girl's photo from IG. My uni career services are much more professional and honest.
              Last edited by HelloEverybody; 08-04-17, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Assalaamualaikum

Wa Alaykumussalam
                Don't do this, you're getting ripped of, you can do a better job yourself, plus you wont feel right because you know you didn't write it yourself.. Just use google, plus get help from your school/uni career counsellor. And of course.. just message some of the reliable sons on here, for proof reading it.
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record
                [al-Anaam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                  Wa Alaykumussalam
                  Don't do this, you're getting ripped of, you can do a better job yourself, plus you wont feel right because you know you didn't write it yourself.. Just use google, plus get help from your school/uni career counsellor. And of course.. just message some of the reliable sons on here, for proof reading it.
                  University will provide better route indeed.

As for proof reading by sons, I think that might work.

Why wouldn't I feel right if I bought my CVs with my skills and achievements on it? I have horrible writing skills and I don't want it to prevent me getting a job.

Comment

No son.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      No son.
                      No to proofreading or CV buying?

Comment

Assalaamualaikum

It's beneficial if you have someone, such as a recruiter, help create your CV. I have a number of colleagues who have had success with this, mainly because the recruiter knows the field, knows what other candidates CVs look like and what companies are looking for, even down to font size and style. I guess it depends on the field and what you're hoping for, but I wouldn't just pay anyone; would need to be someone who knows the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
                          It's beneficial if you have someone, such as a recruiter, help create your CV. I have a number of colleagues who have had success with this, mainly because the recruiter knows the field, knows what other candidates CVs look like and what companies are looking for, even down to font size and style. I guess it depends on the field and what you're hoping for, but I wouldn't just pay anyone; would need to be someone who knows the field.
                          hmm... I have never dealt with a recruiter within my field, could be good idea if I get connected with one in the future.

Comment

hmm... I was looking at few fiverr.com among those who didn't steal some girl's photo from IG. My uni career services are much more professional and honest.
                            tried this https://www.google.com/search?q=onli...ine+cv+creator ??
                            Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Working...
                            X