• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Dua In Sujood (Series of questions)

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Making random sujoods outside of salah is a bid'ah.

Ever heard of Rasoolallah :saw: or the sahaba suddenly going to sujood when they wanted to make du'a? Nope.
    Take it easy, man. Everything isn't bidah. At best, this has difference of opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Making random sujoods outside of salah is a bid'ah.

Ever heard of Rasoolallah :saw: or the sahaba suddenly going to sujood when they wanted to make du'a? Nope.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

You can make Sujood outside of Salaah and make Duaa in any language you wish.

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/18352

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

1) Just read the regular sujood tasbeeh (Subhana rabbiyala'la) thrice then do your own du'aas. You can do as many as you like.
    2) Yes after you have said subhana rabbi yal a'la.

Leave a comment:

• Comets
    started a topic Dua In Sujood (Series of questions)

Dua In Sujood (Series of questions)

I understand Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said that the best time to make dua is during sujood (in salah). I will try to make this as easy as possible to understand in case anybody gets confused about my question.
    During sujood, one can make dua, I am told this dua must be in Arabic, there are a number of duas, one being "Sub-hana Rabbi yal a'la" 3 times. I was taught that this was to be said every time, my questions are, can you read another dua instead of "Sub-hana Rabbi yal a'la"? I understand that there are other duas, but how many times must they be said in sujood? 3 times too? or must I say "Sub-hana Rabbi yal a'la" 3 times then say another dua (all while in sujood) or can "Sub-hana Rabbi yal a'la" be replaced with another dua? Also, I cannot speak Arabic, the duas I find on the internet e.g. Subboohun, Quddoosun, Rabbul-malaa'ikati warrooh. are general duas, they aren't my own duas. How do I say my own dua in sujood if I cannot speak Arabic? Can I say it in English?

Summary:
    1) Any other duas apart from Sub-hana Rabbi yal a'la in sujood?
    2) Can I say my own dua in English rather than saying Sub-hana Rabbi yal a'la in sujood?

Sorry if this is confusing, I like pinpointing everything.
Working...
X