Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a sibling who is much more successful than you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a sibling who is much more successful than you?

I'm interested to read your replies. How has your relationship with your siblings changed over time as you got older? Did you siblings turn out different to what you or your parents expected them to be?

Re: Do you have a sibling who is much more successful than you?

Originally posted by The Grave, View Post
    I'm interested to read your replies. How has your relationship with your siblings changed over time as you got older? Did you siblings turn out different to what you or your parents expected them to be?
    Successful in what way?

Comment

Personal question!

Comment

If you mean in the worldly sense then yes, my brother and didi are more successful than me. They got into successful careers, earn a pretty good wage and so on. If you mean in the Islamic sense, Didi practises in some areas and not others whereas my brother seems to have little to no regard for the Islamic rules on anything. He drifts through life like a lost person and sadly, many younger relatives look up to him like a role model. Even their parents see him as a good role model cos' of his worldly success and also because he's so tenacious and gets on with people easily, so they see him as a really nice person and overlook his dismissive attitude towards everything Islamic.

I do not envy him in the slightest. What a pointless and meaningless way to go about life.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
          If you mean in the worldly sense then yes, my brother and didi are more successful than me. They got into successful careers, earn a pretty good wage and so on. If you mean in the Islamic sense, Didi practises in some areas and not others whereas my brother seems to have little to no regard for the Islamic rules on anything. He drifts through life like a lost person and sadly, many younger relatives look up to him like a role model. Even their parents see him as a good role model cos' of his worldly success and also because he's so tenacious and gets on with people easily, so they see him as a really nice person and overlook his dismissive attitude towards everything Islamic.

I do not envy him in the slightest. What a pointless and meaningless way to go about life.
          that last sentence neelu. That right there is the truth.
          'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
          Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
          علي الحبشي

Comment

Yes success is subjective
            so are many things in life

Comment

Define successful, it is different things to different people.
              Everyone is successful in their own ways, Alhamdulillah :)
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
              [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
              X