Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imitating the appearance of the kuffar

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
    Yea.. again I don't see what this has to do with women.

Even in the Sharee'ah they say the man is the طالب ie the seeker and the woman is the مطلوبة ie the one being sought. This is the asl.

So how can we make a comparison between the genders here when they aren't the same.
    :jkk:

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    [MENTION=85559]Thunder94[/MENTION] as far as I know it's wajib for men to wear their pants above their ankles, but it seems like an aspect of the sunnah that's only being practiced by the 'religious brothers'. I've wondered why that is the case. Yet when it becomes fashionable to wear ur pants like that and grow a beard, all of a sudden you see it becoming more widespread. I'd be nice if they stuck to the sunnah regardless of it being popular or unpopular. Part of the hikmah behind these guidelines is to be distinct from other nations. But you're right in the sense that you can't completely compare the hijab of a muslimah to the shar'i guidelines of men's dress code. However, both parties should try to emulate the Prophet صَل الله عليه و سلم and the sahabah/sahabiyat رضي الله عنهم . The hypocrisy I'm talking about is the disconnect between how some brothers dress and what they expect their futures wives to wear.
    I believe I heard that there is a difference of opinion in regards to pants above ankles, so again, it sort of negates the comparison to a woman's dress code. I do understand what you're trying to say though, :jkk:
    And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Dose big framed glasses doe, loool

Comment

:wswrwb:

Isn't it that more you love someone you want to imitate them? Like those people, who following these celebs and footballers. They want to dress like celebs, eat places like them, buy same products like them etc.

Where is our love to Allah SWT and Prophet Muhammad SAW? Surely more we learn about Deen and grow to love of it, we want to implement in any aspect of our life.
        Islam is way of life, Allahdulillah. So, we should embrace as much as possible we can in our everyday life.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
          السلام عليكم

The prophet (saw) said: "من تشبه بقوم فهو منهم" "whoever resembles a people will be from amongst them"

I see many brothers nowadays clean shaven or with a very thin beard wearing tight trousers and big framed glasses. Where did they get this appearance from? Even practising brothers who attend the masjid have become sucked into this fashion and resemble the kuffar completely. And now due to the beard being in fashion, many brothers keep the beard but will wear skin tight trousers with massive boots just to be in line with the latest trend, not to mention it takes heaps away from their manhood.

Another point is that we expect the sisters to wear hijab just like the prophet's wives and the bros are dressing like some next hipster. Is this justice? We need to give stength to each other, when sisters see brothers in Islamic appearance, it motivates them to continue to wear the hijab as they'll think that there are other people who share the struggle of standing out just like them. Likewise, sisters who wear hijab/niqab give strength to the brothers and inspire them follow the sunnah in their appearance. We're in this together.

I understand maybe for work/university you have to wear general western clothing but at least when you go to the masjid or whenever you go out for anything else, wear a thobe keep your trousers above your ankles and keep the beard.

You are a muslim and you are men and your appearance is the sunnah, not those hipsters or celebrities.

Just some bro love advice :)

The Prophet salallahu 'alaihi wa salam dressed just like the rest of arabs of the VII century, including the fiercest enemies of Islam. The "sunnah clothing" concept is absurd. Not to say that the prophet used to wear the "dressing of the kuffar". He dressed nice byzantine and yemeni clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by in_great_trouble View Post
            The Prophet salallahu 'alaihi wa salam dressed just like the rest of arabs of the VII century, including the fiercest enemies of Islam. The "sunnah clothing" concept is absurd. Not to say that the prophet used to wear the "dressing of the kuffar". He dressed nice byzantine and yemeni clothes.
            Maybe not the exact clothing but the concept still applies such as keeping the beard and wearing loose clothing. When I talk about kuffar clothing, I am referring to to their latest fashion specifically such as tight trousers etc

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
              Maybe not the exact clothing but the concept still applies such as keeping the beard and wearing loose clothing. When I talk about kuffar clothing, I am referring to to their latest fashion specifically such as tight trousers etc
              If you refer to clothing that contradicts our shari3a I agree, but then the issue is not wearing the clothing of the kuffar but not abiding by the shari3a.

Comment

If you refer to clothing that contradicts our shari3a I agree, but then the issue is not wearing the clothing of the kuffar but not abiding by the shari3a.
                Clothing of the kufaar generally refers to clothes they are known by, so it is included in the shariah as a condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                  Clothing of the kufaar generally refers to clothes they are known by, so it is included in the shariah as a condition.
                  If you live in a "kafir country" then you can't say that certain clothes are "specific to the kuffar" or that "they are known by X clothes".

Comment

If you live in a "kafir country" then you can't say that certain clothes are "specific to the kuffar" or that "they are known by X clothes".
                    I can say that because it's true. One example would be the robe that Catholic priests wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                      I can say that because it's true. One example would be the robe that Catholic priests wear.
                      I was talking about the clothing everyone wears, not about the SPECIFIC wearings of groups that commit unislamic stuff.

Comment

I was talking about the clothing everyone wears, not about the SPECIFIC wearings of groups that commit unislamic stuff.
                        But you said there are no clothes specific to kufaar when there are plenty of examples to choose from. Another example would be clothing that has national flags and symbols.

Comment

SubhanAllah muslim brothers have distain for their own brothers just because they try to imitate the sahaba
                          And why do we always give in to negative stereo types for brothers who wear thobes/Qamees
                          Allahu musta'an
                          People also love deflecting the issue of dressing by saying "it only matters what's on the inside"
                          Geeeez
                          Last edited by mazuiz; 13-03-17, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mazuiz View Post
                            SubhanAllah muslim brothers have distain for their own brothers just because they try to imitate the sahaba
                            And why do we always give in to negative stereo types for brothers who wear thobes/Qamees
                            Allahu musta'an
                            People also love deflecting the issue of dressing by saying "it only matters what's on the inside"
                            Geeeez
                            So paranoid and far from reality your post. I don't see people talking crap about the thobers. I wonder which imaginary world have you fabricated in your mind for the sake of feeling righteous and superior.

Comment

Working...
                            X