Imitating the appearance of the kuffar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imitating the appearance of the kuffar

One of the subjects that disgust me the most is Muslim men looking like Muslims and how they have learned how to dodge that in every manner available

Prior to western influence, Muslims knew what dressing like a muslim meant

now that we have allowed the kuffar to enter our minds and corrupt our deen, we have no idea what dressing like a muslim means

pathetic
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
      It's not about who invented what akhi. The prophet (saw) and the sahaba used to wear long garments and the closest clothing we have to that is thobes not some tight yellow chinos. That's my point basically.
      Ok fine but you did bring up who invented what.

Comment

There's no specific dress/clothing in Islam. As long as you're modest, that's all that should matter.

Comment

السلام عليكم

The prophet (saw) said: "من تشبه بقوم فهو منهم" "whoever resembles a people will be from amongst them"

I see many brothers nowadays clean shaven or with a very thin beard wearing tight trousers and big framed glasses. Where did they get this appearance from? Even practising brothers who attend the masjid have become sucked into this fashion and resemble the kuffar completely. And now due to the beard being in fashion, many brothers keep the beard but will wear skin tight trousers with massive boots just to be in line with the latest trend, not to mention it takes heaps away from their manhood.

Another point is that we expect the sisters to wear hijab just like the prophet's wives and the bros are dressing like some next hipster. Is this justice? We need to give stength to each other, when sisters see brothers in Islamic appearance, it motivates them to continue to wear the hijab as they'll think that there are other people who share the struggle of standing out just like them. Likewise, sisters who wear hijab/niqab give strength to the brothers and inspire them follow the sunnah in their appearance. We're in this together.

I understand maybe for work/university you have to wear general western clothing but at least when you go to the masjid or whenever you go out for anything else, wear a thobe keep your trousers above your ankles and keep the beard.

You are a muslim and you are men and your appearance is the sunnah, not those hipsters or celebrities.

Just some bro love advice :)

:jkk:
          I have heard that this hadith prohibits religious appearance of other communities.
          Last edited by arfatzafar; 10-03-17, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I thought the hipster look was very Muslim look & more and more brothers are picking up beard look even the non-practicing once. Before beard indicated somewhat of a pious brother, now it means nothing because everyone has it. It is not even a fashionable beard the semi-practicing brothers use to keep. Everyone has fist long beard including the atheist guy

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
              Ok fine but you did bring up who invented what.
              Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing,

He have good nasiya, instead we have certain muslims arguing pointlessly
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

السلام عليكم
                Another point is that we expect the sisters to wear hijab just like the prophet's wives and the bros are dressing like some next hipster. Is this justice? We need to give stength to each other, when sisters see brothers in Islamic appearance, it motivates them to continue to wear the hijab as they'll think that there are other people who share the struggle of standing out just like them. Likewise, sisters who wear hijab/niqab give strength to the brothers and inspire them follow the sunnah in their appearance. We're in this together.
                I agree thumma I agree.. it's so hypocritical of brothers to on the one hand expect their wives to cover up according to the sunnah and on the other hand they themselves look like they've been inspired by a fashion magazine. Where's the 'adl in that? I'm not saying that brothers should wear thobes 24/7, but at least do the minimum and wear your pants above your ankles..

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                  One of the subjects that disgust me the most is Muslim men looking like Muslims and how they have learned how to dodge that in every manner available

Prior to western influence, Muslims knew what dressing like a muslim meant

now that we have allowed the kuffar to enter our minds and corrupt our deen, we have no idea what dressing like a muslim means

pathetic
                  Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                  Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing,

He have good nasiya, instead we have certain muslims arguing pointlessly
                  We still have some rijaal around on here Alhamdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by arfatzafar View Post
                    I have heard that this hadith prohibits religious appearance of other communities.
                    Yes but the hadeeth can also have more general implications aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Yul Brynner View Post
                      There's no specific dress/clothing in Islam. As long as you're modest, that's all that should matter.
                      There's no obligatory dresscode but we do have the sunnah.

Comment

Yes.

But I don't see how this relates with the sisters and their hijab. I think sisters may fear fitnah between themselves or feel jealous (if their circle of friends or Muslim sisters they knew didn't wear hijab and went out adorned), but I doubt they would feel that way towards the brothers. If 75% of the brothers wear the latest trends and some even wear haram clothes (due to being too tight), I doubt it sets the standards for the sisters.

Besides that, we live in the West and the culture and environment there are what dictates what women should or shouldn't wear... the kuffar imitating Muslims are just a minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
                          :wswrwb:

I understand your point, but women are required to dress that way. A brother wearing fashion clothes doesn't really compare imo, since there is more leniency on the male dress code. Not talking about the skin tight jeans, but the other stuff you mentioned.

Also, is wearing big framed glasses or whatever the latest fashion trend out there really imitating the kuffar? In that case, is wearing jeans / t shirt also imitating them? I don't think people associate those things with the kuffar.
                          Yes, the first point is what I am saying too.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                            I agree thumma I agree.. it's so hypocritical of brothers to on the one hand expect their wives to cover up according to the sunnah and on the other hand they themselves look like they've been inspired by a fashion magazine. Where's the 'adl in that? I'm not saying that brothers should wear thobes 24/7, but at least do the minimum and wear your pants above your ankles..
                            One's an obligation (hijab) , dressing close to the Sunnah for a male is not an obligation - it's really not the same. I feel like a better comparison would be someone who wants a wife in niqab but doesn't have a beard themselves (shaves it off).
                            And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
                              One's an obligation (hijab) , dressing close to the Sunnah for a male is not an obligation - it's really not the same. I feel like a better comparison would be someone who wants a wife in niqab but doesn't have a beard themselves (shaves it off).
                              Yea.. again I don't see what this has to do with women.

Even in the Sharee'ah they say the man is the طالب ie the seeker and the woman is the مطلوبة ie the one being sought. This is the asl.

So how can we make a comparison between the genders here when they aren't the same.

Comment

[MENTION=85559]Thunder94[/MENTION] as far as I know it's wajib for men to wear their pants above their ankles, but it seems like an aspect of the sunnah that's only being practiced by the 'religious brothers'. I've wondered why that is the case. Yet when it becomes fashionable to wear ur pants like that and grow a beard, all of a sudden you see it becoming more widespread. I'd be nice if they stuck to the sunnah regardless of it being popular or unpopular. Part of the hikmah behind these guidelines is to be distinct from other nations. But you're right in the sense that you can't completely compare the hijab of a muslimah to the shar'i guidelines of men's dress code. However, both parties should try to emulate the Prophet صَل الله عليه و سلم and the sahabah/sahabiyat رضي الله عنهم . The hypocrisy I'm talking about is the disconnect between how some brothers dress and what they expect their futures wives to wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X