No announcement yet.

Different shades of love and their significance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does Love Run Out in So Many Muslim Marriages?

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
    why do they stop making an effort?
    I dunno sis, complacency? It's easy to take people for granted once you get used to them. We do this to our family members now without even realizing.

The title of this thread suggest that love comes at a limited quantity at the beginning of marriage, and will run out after number of years because you've used it all up. That's not how love works, sis. Now, don't ask me how love works, I'm not an expert. =p

**probably like a rechargeable battery.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
      I dunno sis, complacency? It's easy to take people for granted once you get used to them. We do this to our family members now without even realizing.

The title of this thread suggest that love comes at a limited quantity at the beginning of marriage, and will run out after number of years because you've used it all up. That's not how love works, sis. Now, don't ask me how love works, I'm not an expert. =p

**probably like a rechargeable battery.
      lolss

'does love die' maybe that one is better.

hmm... perhaps when the balance is broken. nafsi love overtakes loving for the sake of Allah.
      Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

no, love just doesn't "run out" BUT if your love stemmed from material reasons then your love may fluctuate for material reasons too
        BUT
        it wouldn't have been true love to begin with, would it?

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
        but love will always run out if the source is not Allah. isn't that a given?
        i removed off-topic posts by the way and i feel this thread is more suited outside of the marriage section as the topic you raised is more than just marital love
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
          no, love just doesn't "run out" BUT if your love stemmed from material reasons then your love may fluctuate for material reasons too
          BUT
          it wouldn't have been true love to begin with, would it?

i removed off-topic posts by the way and i feel this thread is more suited outside of the marriage section as the topic you raised is more than just marital love
          :jkk:

so love fluctuates based on what it stems from.. because the thing we place our love for isn't constant. like someone might not always appreciate what we do and so our love for them goes down and vice versa i.e. highs and lows. But when we just do it for the sake of Allah, our love for the person won't go down because we are not expecting anything from them in return. we just expect our reward from Allah. so the only way to have constant, stable love between people whether it be spouse, parents, friends is doing everything for the sake of Allah and expecting only from Him.

I guess there's different types of love.. love separate from 'loving for the sake of Allah' because those types of love are natural and placed in us by Allah and there is no harm in doing so. If I'm not mistaken. So perhaps true love does exist other than 'loving someone for the sake of Allah' only.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
            Honestly sooo many reasons, my dearest Mackerel :)
            You're right of course in saying that if two people marry and are not practising, this will have a huge influence on this
            Even people who are both practising experience this.. maybe because they take each other for granted, or have got bored of each other, maybe they've stopped putting effort and time into their marriage, or ones needs aren't being met, that they just focus on the kids and not each other, soo many other reasons
            But the main thing is don't worry about this, Insha ' Allah your marriage will be fine, my dear Sardine :)
            We will all have kebabs and biryani and halwa, and he will be the coolness and comfort of your eyes in the world and the hereafter. Ameen!
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
              Wa Alaykumussalam
              Honestly sooo many reasons, my dearest Mackerel :)
              You're right of course in saying that if two people marry and are not practising, this will have a huge influence on this
              Even people who are both practising experience this.. maybe because they take each other for granted, or have got bored of each other, maybe they've stopped putting effort and time into their marriage, or ones needs aren't being met, that they just focus on the kids and not each other, soo many other reasons
              But the main thing is don't worry about this, Insha ' Allah your marriage will be fine, my dear Sardine :)
              We will all have kebabs and biryani and halwa, and he will be the coolness and comfort of your eyes in the world and the hereafter. Ameen!
              is that what I am to you, a fish lolss.

Even having never been married,I just firmly believe that if two people truly love Allah then their marriage will have continuous barakah.

ameen. may Allah grant you the same and more :) creampie

Comment

Working...
              X