Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staying in the bathroom more than necessary (it is haram/makrooh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Staying in the bathroom more than necessary (it is haram/makrooh)

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    Lol

ما شاء الله يا علامة، تقبل الله منكم

ايوه كلنا نحتاج مراجعة عشان نضبط ما درسنا. ويش تدرس الحين؟
    الشرح الممتع يا باشا

آمين son. آمين

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
      I'm going to build a wall, a very large wall, believe me, and you're going to pay for it.
      :rofl1:

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
        They clearly do because I gave you the word they used in the book for bathroom:الخلاء

And الخلاء is a place where they would go to relieve themselves only.

So this only has to do with a place you go to relieve yourself.

If a bathroom has a toilet and a shower together, does this ruling still apply if you take a long time in the shower although it is in the same place as the toilet? Or is this ruling only for a person who is on the toilet?

That's a question we can ask.
        If both are in the same room then I assume the ruling is the same.

Bathroom is used as a general term to mean both bath/shower and toilet but in some places/cultures - they have separate places and words for each place.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
          If both are in the same room then I assume the ruling is the same.

Bathroom is used as a general term to mean both bath/shower and toilet but in some places/cultures - they have separate places and words for each place.
          Nobody cares about Pakistani culture.

:dispirited:

Comment

Nobody cares about Pakistani culture.

:dispirited:
            Isn't it the same for Arabs? I think it is.

Comment

Isn't it the same for Arabs? I think it is.
              Not sure, son. Not sure.

Comment

Not sure, son. Not sure.
                I believe the texts refer to الخلاء which is where people used to go to relieve themselves (in the desert environment).

So it only refers to places where they go to the bathroom. As for showering, they had other places for that.
                ...And الخلاء is a place where they would go to relieve themselves only.

So this only has to do with a place you go to relieve yourself...
                -_-

Comment

Yes concerning the Arabs of old.

No one does the above now except probably some bedoin tribes.

I thought you meant modern day Arabs. Because the context was modern day Pakistanis.

Comment

Originally posted by Poster View Post
                    Abu Jarir is a great guy. But you know, the dishonest media, they'll say Abu Jarir isn't legit. He's legit though, believe me. You know why? That's because they're fake news. Have you ever seen this much applause for him? It's tremendous. The crowd went wild. Believe me.
                    :rotfl:

Comment

Quick question for clarification.

In Pakistan, the bathroom and toilet are usually (traditionally) two separate rooms/places though many have 'updated' to have the bath and toilet in the same room. Are the rulings for bathrooms/toilet the same if a room has only a bath/bathing place and the toilet is somewhere else?
                      Interesting point. In todays society we use bathroom for many things besides just using toilet. Its a place to take shower or long bath relaxing or apply facial/pedicure, cut nails, blow dry hair, apply makeup, get dress, brush teeth....etc Most of the activities does not expose oneself

Comment

people are chilling in bathrooms/toilets these days in the west because they made a lowly place look so pretty.
                        in those poorer countries where people have holes in the ground or go outside where it's dark and scary, no one would be taking a second longer than necessary
                        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

:salams

I hate the bathroom, makes me wanna vomit.. Especially public one's. Disgusting, I never use them except in extreme circumstances, and even then, I walk on eggshells, I don't want any disease.

sadly, with my OCD, when I do ghusl, I tend to be there longer.

And Allah :swt: knows best.
                          Last edited by Serinity; 09-03-17, 10:18 AM.
                          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                            Interesting point. In todays society we use bathroom for many things besides just using toilet. Its a place to take shower or long bath relaxing or apply facial/pedicure, cut nails, blow dry hair, apply makeup, get dress, brush teeth....etc Most of the activities does not expose oneself
                            This ^ Plus our toilet and bathroom are separate
                            Like hair removal especially can take a while.. and sometimes there's no place to do this besides the bathroom.. alongside some of the stuff above. So what do we do??

Comment

Working...
                            X