Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staying in the bathroom more than necessary (it is haram/makrooh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in the bathroom more than necessary (it is haram/makrooh)

The following is proof that it is between haram and makrooh to remain in the bathroom for a long period of time for no reason. Hence, reading/playing games/using the phone, etc... all of this falls under it.:

ويحرم لبثه في الخلاء فوق حاجته: أي يجب عليه أن يخرج حين انتهائه لعلتين:

1. أن في ذلك كشفا للعورة بلا حاجة

2. أن الحشوش والمراحيض مأوى الشياطين والنفوس الخبيثة فلا ينبغي أن يبقى في هذا المكان الخبيث

Fiqh al-Hanbali:

It is prohibited to stay in the area where he relieves himself (i.e. the bathroom) more than is needed. Thus, it is obligatory on him to leave as soon as he is finished. They used two things as evidence:

1. It involves unveiling the 'awrah (private parts) for no reason.

2. Bathrooms and toilets are the dwellings of the devils and evil souls. Hence, it is not befitting for a person to remain in filthy places (for no reason).

The later scholars said it is not haram but makrooh due to the lack of evidence to say it is haram from the Sunnah.

From: Ash-Sharh Al-Mumti' by Ibn 'Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him)

Re: Staying in the bathroom more than necessary (it is haram/makrooh)

:jkk: May Allah swt forgive me.

Even though I knew this when we got a new bathroom I used to go sit on the floor and just admire it for like an hour

cos the tiles were warm... and u know them sparkly ones
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I never understood why people would sit in the toilet so long unless they have medical conditions or problems

was discussing this with some non muslims, some of them sit there and use their phone, me and another non muslim lady were like urgh :/ what is this disgracefulness lol

I think it's unhygienic, put the phone down and keep it out of the bathroom

also, wash your hands when you touch the light and the door handle, I have to wipe handles with tissue or open the door using tissue
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Quick question for clarification.

In Pakistan, the bathroom and toilet are usually (traditionally) two separate rooms/places though many have 'updated' to have the bath and toilet in the same room. Are the rulings for bathrooms/toilet the same if a room has only a bath/bathing place and the toilet is somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

In Pakistan, the bathroom and toilet are usually (traditionally) two separate rooms/places though many have 'updated' to have the bath and toilet in the same room. Are the rulings for bathrooms/toilet the same if a room has only a bath/bathing place and the toilet is somewhere else?
          I believe the texts refer to الخلاء which is where people used to go to relieve themselves (in the desert environment).

So it only refers to places where they go to the bathroom. As for showering, they had other places for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Our toilet and bathroom are still separate.

And no the rulings are not the same.
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

:jkk:
              [MENTION=132744]A.Basheer[/MENTION] I see you're Hanbali now yeah? ما شاء الله عليك يا عم

#HumbleMadhab
              Last edited by Deeni Akh; 07-03-17, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                :jkk:
                [MENTION=132744]A.Basheer[/MENTION] I see you're Hanbali now yeah? ما شاء الله عليك يا عم

#HumbleMadhab
                آوه يا باشا. بتدرس انت الكتاب ده ولا أيه؟ أو لسه؟

Comment

What is necessary is different for everyone though. I do find it gross that people read or use their electronics while on the toilet, but for some people they can't go unless they're in a relaxed state. If reading a little read helps empower the bowels to let things go, then I can't really fault them for bringing a book or a phone with them while in the washroom.
                  وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                  "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                  Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                  [2:186]

.:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                    آوه يا باشا. بتدرس انت الكتاب ده ولا أيه؟ أو لسه؟
                    دحين بدرس كتاب زاد المسقنع، المتن اللي شرحه الشيخ في الممتع :)

و انت يا أفندم، خليت بلوغ المرام و لا ايه؟

Comment

دحين بدرس كتاب زاد المسقنع، المتن اللي شرحه الشيخ في الممتع :)

و انت يا أفندم، خليت بلوغ المرام و لا ايه؟
                      Learn English or go home
                      immigrants

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
                        Learn English or go home
                        immigrants
                        I see trump's fitnah has creeped into the american muslims too... :/

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                          I believe the texts refer to الخلاء which is where people used to go to relieve themselves (in the desert environment).

So it only refers to places where they go to the bathroom. As for showering, they had other places for that.
                          You mean the places where they go to the toilet.

The rulings should be clear on this.

Comment

I see trump's miguidance has creeped into the muslims too... :/
                            That's fake news

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
                              That's fake news
                              What is

Comment

Working...
                              X