Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the rights of Allah are violated...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When the rights of Allah are violated...

    When the rights of women or men are violated, we object and are vocal and rebuke the wrongdoers. We strive to correct the affair and campaign against the violations.

    But, when Allah's rights are violated by men and women, we make excuses for the wrongdoers and feel there is no reason to rebuke them or campaign against the wrong. Rather, we excuse the wrongdoers by saying, it is their choice as to whether or not they want to fulfil the rights of Allah.

    Examples:
    People neglect salah. Response: Faith is a choice, it is in the heart, don't be judgemental.

    A woman doesn't wear hijab. Response: Her faith is in her heart, don't put all one's faith in their appearance.

    People deal in riba. Response: Times have changed, to get ahead in life, we have no choice, don't be so harsh.

    A man abuses a woman. Response: Oppression is haram. Women have to be respected and given their rights. Take him to court.

    A woman refuses to respond to her husband's request for intimacy (just because). Response: Women today are corrupt, she has no shame, let the community know.

    I am not saying we allow people to get away with wronging one another. What I am saying though is, why do we care more about our rights than those of Allah?

    By: Shaykh Younus

  • #2
    Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

    Good way of looking at it. جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

    I think it's different because when the rights of Allah are violated, Allah has the power to either punish or forgive the wrongdoer. And as we have been given freewill, well not much can be done.

    However when the rights of the creation are violated by a fellow creature, then it's a different matter because that person may not have the power to exact justice and therefore it is the duty of the rest of creation (for as Muslims, are we not commanded to correct oppression and stand against it?)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

      :salams

      Allah forgive me if I say anything wrong. Ameen.

      But I feel this has a wrong tangent to it. Like, The rights of Allah, is not like the rights of the people. Allah does not need us, has no need of us.

      First, one of the rights of Allah :swt: are:

      1. To be worshipped.
      2. To be obeyed.

      WE advice them, but we can not force them.

      Allahu alam.
      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
      Do not say about Allah but Truth.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

        Ruthless thread bro

        :jkk:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

          But Allah doesn't need us to pray to him so why does it matte if we don't pray, it's not harming Allah

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

            Also, defaulting on one's obligations towards Allah isn't the same as breaching the rights of the creation. For example, sins against Allah may be forgiven if Allah so chooses; but when you wrong a mortal or an animal, is not the forgiveness of that person needed first? Or something to that effect. Not disagreeing with OP, just want to understand fully.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

              Originally posted by Morose View Post
              Also, defaulting on one's obligations towards Allah isn't the same as breaching the rights of the creation. For example, sins against Allah may be forgiven if Allah so chooses; but when you wrong a mortal or an animal, is not the forgiveness of that person needed first? Or something to that effect. Not disagreeing with OP, just want to understand fully.
              There seems to be a long discussion about the topic.

              If you steal from a person, yes you have to return what you stole back to him as expiation.

              Or if you back bite someone, yes you have to seek forgiveness for that person or go back and say something nice about him/her instead.

              As for the rights of Allah, then the asl is you must repent in order for Allah to forgive your sins and you must replace your evil needs with good deeds.

              {But indeed, I am the Perpetual Forgiver of whoever repents and believes and does righteousness and then continues in guidance} Taha

              All throughout the Quran, Allah mentions those who believe and do righteousness and repenting and asking for forgiveness. This is the asl or the general rule. Are there exceptions? Sure... Allah can forgive anyone who meets Him with no shirk.

              And there is a hadeeth about a man coming on the day of judgment with mountains of good deeds but those who he wronged will take them from him and he will end up in the Fire. Perhaps this will serve as an expiation for him if he wronged someone, not waiting for a person to forgive him. Because a person can be really stubborn and never forgive... what then?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

                Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                There seems to be a long discussion about the topic.

                If you steal from a person, yes you have to return what you stole back to him as expiation.

                Or if you back bite someone, yes you have to seek forgiveness for that person or go back and say something nice about him/her instead.

                As for the rights of Allah, then the asl is you must repent in order for Allah to forgive your sins and you must replace your evil needs with good deeds.

                {But indeed, I am the Perpetual Forgiver of whoever repents and believes and does righteousness and then continues in guidance} Taha

                All throughout the Quran, Allah mentions those who believe and do righteousness and repenting and asking for forgiveness. This is the asl or the general rule. Are there exceptions? Sure... Allah can forgive anyone who meets Him with no shirk.

                And there is a hadeeth about a man coming on the day of judgment with mountains of good deeds but those who he wronged will take them from him and he will end up in the Fire. Perhaps this will serve as an expiation for him if he wronged someone, not waiting for a person to forgive him. Because a person can be really stubborn and never forgive... what then?
                جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

                Very good post bro. Just to clarify though, can the right of Allah upon us be compared to the rights for example a Muslim might have over us?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

                  Originally posted by Morose View Post
                  جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

                  Very good post bro. Just to clarify though, can the right of Allah upon us be compared to the rights for example a Muslim might have over us?
                  We iyyak son. Wa iyyak.

                  I read something as I was searching and it seems like a very long topic.

                  http://fatwa.islamweb.net/fatwa/inde...twaId&Id=61286

                  It says one can't say the rights of the slaves of Allah take precedence over the rights of Allah; and you can't say the opposite either.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When the rights of Allah are violated...

                    Jazakhallahu khairan
                    Amazing this, this is very true.
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X