Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby cravings - sisters only

Salama aleykum my lovelies!!

Haven't used this website in ages! Hope you're all doing well. Anywhoooo, here I am having intense baby cravings, like literally I spend hours watching documentaries on maternity wards, couples having their long awaited baby (babies in certain cases) and I just want one!!! With no c section or peridural, I want to feel every single moment!!! I remember when I had my first one, subhanAllah it was amazing, he was so tiny and adorable, I miss all the breastfeeding, dressing up, bath time, and just being a mother to a newborn. Sometimes when I help my first child with basic stuff, he's like, I can do it mum, I'm a big boy. Deep down, I'm like I know you can do it, I just miss it!!
    Any ideas on how to get over this phase? Ps: I'm divorced with no potentials lined up, so no comments like try for a baby plz
    "Hide your good deeds (from the people) just like you hide your evil deeds."

Re: Baby cravings - sisters only

That is sweet...maybe help look after new mums...do you have any in your family? Maybe you can babysit....or study to be a a midwife or daycare worker...Also look on the bright side...you have a child...many women are struggling to conceive one....I know this doesn't solve your issue but it definitely will help you to gain perspective....
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Wa 'alaykum as salaam,

Have you thought about fostering or adoption? :)
      And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

I love babies too lol x

Welcome back to the forum sis x
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Tell me about them !!!

I've been married for almost 4 years and I don't have a baby...I spend long hours dreaming about what it would be like to have my own little special one. Infertility hurts ... the pain gets more & more intense with each passing month.

I spent the last 2-3 days with my sister & her 6-month old son and I would just delight in gazing lovingly at him & holding him close to me...it was such a beautiful feeling... my heart deeply longed to have one of my own. The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts.

I strongly believe that the most precious jewels a woman can ever wear around her neck are the arms of her children.

Comment

Originally posted by Macbook View Post
            Salama aleykum my lovelies!!

Haven't used this website in ages! Hope you're all doing well. Anywhoooo, here I am having intense baby cravings, like literally I spend hours watching documentaries on maternity wards, couples having their long awaited baby (babies in certain cases) and I just want one!!! With no c section or peridural, I want to feel every single moment!!! I remember when I had my first one, subhanAllah it was amazing, he was so tiny and adorable, I miss all the breastfeeding, dressing up, bath time, and just being a mother to a newborn. Sometimes when I help my first child with basic stuff, he's like, I can do it mum, I'm a big boy. Deep down, I'm like I know you can do it, I just miss it!!
            Any ideas on how to get over this phase? Ps: I'm divorced with no potentials lined up, so no comments like try for a baby plz
            Wa Alaykumussalam sister, hope you're well Insha ' Allah.
            I know that feeling.. sometimes I find myself watching videos of newborn babies and the routines and in clothing stores gravitating to the baby section which is soooo unbelievably cute (Even though i'm not married, lol).
            Have you considered adopting a baby? Or (if you have time) working in a pre-school in the baby room? Not sure if this is something you'd want to do, and not the same as your own baby, but it would be plenty of hours looking after like a 3 month old, sleeping, feeding, changing nappies, etc, during working hours.

Comment

Working...
            X