Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some say uni is the only choice for livelihood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some say uni is the only choice for livelihood?

When they can get an apprenticeship?

Re: Why do some say uni is the only choice for livelihood?

Since the other thread turned into a sisters' night out discussion, I will repost Muhammad Tim's answer to a question I asked:

Assalāmu ’alaykum warahmatullāhi wa barakātuhu,

This is a blameworthy mentality, in my opinion. The summary of it is that we are willing for our daughters to compromise in their obligations to Allāh, and their hayaah, for the sake of “protecting them” against a potential divorce. This is completely contrary to the Sunnah of the Prophet ﷺ and his companions.

Just because having a job is everyone’s goal doesn’t mean that it should be our goal. We have a goal more lofty than that: to worship Allāh as He deserves to be worshipped. Allāh said,

“And if you follow most of the people on the earth, they will misguide you from the path of Allāh.”

I don’t say this only for sisters; rather, I believe that brothers shouldn’t be going to mixed universities in many circumstances. There are so many other options for people who fear Allāh, but a person has to open their eyes and stop following the majority for the sake of it. So many people end up going, taking ribaa, having illicit relationships, and then not even being able to get a job after that, or having a worthless degree.

Allāh knows best

Comment

So university education should be done with a goal in mind and a purpose.

Not to just go in there and waste time and money with any old degree program because if you don't, you will be looked down upon or because everybody is doing it.

And like the above said, there are plenty of options out there for people who want to guard themselves from haram.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
        So university education should be done with a goal in mind and a purpose.

Not to just go in there and waste time and money with any old degree program because if you don't, you will be looked down upon or because everybody is doing it.

And like the above said, there are plenty of options out there for people who want to guard themselves from haram.
        The goal in mind for many sisters for going to Uni is simple...it buys them time 3/4 years of not having to get married and being "free". It's been admitted by several sisters on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
          Since the other thread turned into a sisters' night out discussion.
          What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
            The goal in mind for many sisters for going to Uni is simple...it buys them time 3/4 years of not having to get married and being "free". It's been admitted by several sisters on this forum.
            :jkk:

As always, very insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              What do you mean?
              I was just kidding...

I should've added the good ole :dispirited:
              Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 04-03-17, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Don't be so stupid
                ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                  Don't be so stupid
                  Maybe for you it was more of a matrimonial institution but for many it is what I said...an opportunity to just buy them time. It was only the other day a sister said she wanted to quit and her mother said she is getting married then and remarkably she decided to stay on. Young women are as fickle as they come.

Comment

Any sort of learning that results you to be independent is nice. Independent as in that you either work for yourself or you have own business. It is nice to be in control, you could wear a thobe or niqab and no one would comment or bat an eyelid. Even if they do, you would have the power how to deal with it. Simply that control you have. Not being dependent on decisionmakers who are non-muslim.

Especially businesses that produce services or infrastructure for muslims, for example burial services for muslims, which comes to first in my mind.

Comment

Maybe for you it was more of a matrimonial institution but for many it is what I said...an opportunity to just buy them time. It was only the other day a sister said she wanted to quit and her mother said she is getting married then and remarkably she decided to stay on. Young women are as fickle as they come.
                      Yes didn't you know it was a matrimonial institution which is why I am on husband number 4 now -_-

don't be such a buffoon

and it was most likely because she knew what type of brothers are lurking about these days. Why would she do that to herself
                      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Yes didn't you know it was a matrimonial institution which is why I am on husband number 4 now -_-

don't be such a buffoon

and it was most likely because she knew what type of brothers are lurking about these days. Why would she do that to herself
                        Easy tiger.

Comment

don't be such a buffoon

You:

"unis these days are pretty much matrimonial institutes, and girls and boys are flying off proposals back and forth and in every direction".

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7337237

Do you forget what you write?

Comment

You:

"unis these days are pretty much matrimonial institutes, and girls and boys are flying off proposals back and forth and in every direction".

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7337237

Do you forget what you write?
                            no, but why do you remember everything

Comment

no, but why do you remember everything
                              It was only yesterday evening you made that comment...what's sad is you don't remember what you are saying. Makes me wonder if you really believe what you write.

Comment

Working...
                              X