Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pursuing Further Education.

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
    Side question: what's your position on muslims using Biological WMD in a war?
    This is a hard one. I'm not sure about the permissibility of it, but religion aside, I'm completely against Biological weapons not just for muslims but for everyone. They wreak havoc on the ecosystem and cause all sorts of damage. The problem with the use of such weapons isn't the immediate effect, it's the future effects. Although atomic bombs are chemical and not really biological, their effects are seen to this day, you have mutated vegetables and high incidents of cancer. If we're talking about using fatal viruses and bacteria, there's no guaranteeing you can sterilize the area after the mass infection. And even after outbreaks stop, they may come back in the future in different strains. There were outbreaks of Ebola in 1976, they isolated the virus and eventually there were no signs of it coming back. Next thing you know it's back, but this time, in different strain. That's what we call the emergence of a disease. So imagine genetically engineering a pathogen made to kill and most likely be resistant to all antibiotics or interferons.

Sure in the short run, it's very effective at defeating the enemy, and it's very easy and much less dangerous than going out there in battle but because we live on a planet where everything is interconnected with its surroundings (sub'ana Allah) it'll come back and bite us even harder.

Comment

I don't think it's that important as you can get a job without an education.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
        This is a hard one. I'm not sure about the permissibility of it, but religion aside, I'm completely against Biological weapons not just for muslims but for everyone. They wreak havoc on the ecosystem and cause all sorts of damage. The problem with the use of such weapons isn't the immediate effect, it's the future effects. Although atomic bombs are chemical and not really biological, their effects are seen to this day, you have mutated vegetables and high incidents of cancer. If we're talking about using fatal viruses and bacteria, there's no guaranteeing you can sterilize the area after the mass infection. And even after outbreaks stop, they may come back in the future in different strains. There were outbreaks of Ebola in 1976, they isolated the virus and eventually there were no signs of it coming back. Next thing you know it's back, but this time, in different strain. That's what we call the emergence of a disease. So imagine genetically engineering a pathogen made to kill and most likely be resistant to all antibiotics or interferons.

Sure in the short run, it's very effective at defeating the enemy, and it's very easy and much less dangerous than going out there in battle but because we live on a planet where everything is interconnected with its surroundings (sub'ana Allah) it'll come back and bite us even harder.
        In my opinion, if the backs are against the wall, the muslim country in question should not hold back. But i understand your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
          In my opinion, if the backs are against the wall, the muslim country in question should not hold back. But i understand your point of view.
          But once they let loose, you do realize it's a free for all. Once they initiate dirty warfare, the other nations will let out their guns and trust me, the tax money that's been primarily going towards the military isn't just for combat training. I can almost guarantee you all the world super powers have weapons of mass destruction capable of annihilating entire nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
            Some so called scholars have made 'Islamic mortgages' where they call it rent instead of interest, just wording it differently doesn't make it halal

I don't look down on anyone so don't make an assumption about me pls :jkk:

P.s to get a degree aint a fard last time I checked
            I apologise i guess this subject just makes me emotional.I didn't mean to makw any assumption about your intention so please forgive me.
            Getting a degree is a necessity because it's extremely difficult to pursue most a career without a degree.I don't understand why people who cant afford it take mortgages since they can be supported by the government with their rent .
            Ya Allah,
            Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
            "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Working...
            X